Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530814 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3975 on: February 11, 2021, 11:42:55 AM »
Amaral gave his opinion on events up to September 2007. The McCanns thought that they were declared innocent in the final report, but you seem reluctant to confirm their belief. Did you, like them, believe that the report said they were innocent?

AP – They were surprised with the book because the final Report said they were innocent.

GP – Have you read the final report?
AP says "no".

GP – How do you know then what its conclusions are?
AP says the McCanns told him.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2304.msg75521#msg75521
I don't know what they believed so why should I be in a position to confirm or deny it?  But - so what if they did?  Does that make them worthy of contempt in your view?  And why does it make their submission to the ECHR any less valid?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

« Reply #3976 on: February 11, 2021, 11:46:23 AM »
Which is exactly why Amaral resigned his position. He was no longer an officer of the PJ when he published his book;

"I requested early retirement in order to be able to express myself freely" Page 3, The Truth of the Lie.

Should he have been revealing what was in Police documents?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3977 on: February 11, 2021, 11:51:30 AM »
Amaral gave his opinion on events up to September 2007. The McCanns thought that they were declared innocent in the final report, but you seem reluctant to confirm their belief. Did you, like them, believe that the report said they were innocent?

AP – They were surprised with the book because the final Report said they were innocent.

AP says "no".

cite required

Offline kizzy

« Reply #3978 on: February 11, 2021, 12:00:19 PM »
There are criteria used to decide which way the balance goes. One of these is the veracity of the evidence.

I've explained just now that amarals evidence is in some instances completely made up. That will go against Portugal

Well, there is no evidence of value to say Maddie was in fact abducted ...so  IMO that could also have been made up.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #3979 on: February 11, 2021, 12:01:04 PM »
If you can’t understand why they were upset  by the book then there really is no hope of you understanding why anyone has any emotional reaction to anything imo.  This is where a lack of empathy gets you.

IMO may be having too much empathy... is where that has got you,

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3980 on: February 11, 2021, 12:02:32 PM »
IMO may be having too much empathy... is where that has got you,
Oh?  Where exactly do you think too much empathy has got me?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #3981 on: February 11, 2021, 12:02:56 PM »
You can't deem to understand that Amaral added to their problems and they have every right and reason to sue him for defamation. As the Portuguese judicial system hasn't found in their favour they have every right and reason to take their case to the ECHR.

‘We’re finished. Our life is over,’ he kept saying over and over again...

Is this what could have happened when like GA thinks Maddie died in a terrible accident. IMO.

That their life would be over

Offline kizzy

« Reply #3982 on: February 11, 2021, 12:07:42 PM »
In this country you are innocent until proven guilty.   Why would the McCann's have to prove innocence?  They were not arrested,  if they had read Amaral's book they would see that he had no evidence the McCann's were guilty.

Is it ok then to assume that CB is guilty when he hasn't been arrested or any confirmed evidence?

Double standards IMO

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3983 on: February 11, 2021, 12:10:51 PM »
Could you provide  a cite taht the McCanns thought that the final report was  a declaration of innocence. Youve repeated it several times so acite is in order.

I have cited what a witness told the court. It was hearsay evidence, but I have no reason to believe he was lying.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3984 on: February 11, 2021, 12:12:24 PM »
Is it ok then to assume that CB is guilty when he hasn't been arrested or any confirmed evidence?

Double standards IMO

Depends what the evidence is. Ive never said CB is guilty. Ive already said amaral can say what he likes as long as he has the evidence to support it...no double standards. Wolters has said he ha sthe evidence....CB should sue if he feels hes being badly treated.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3985 on: February 11, 2021, 12:14:16 PM »
I have cited what a witness told the court. It was hearsay evidence, but I have no reason to believe he was lying.

Who told the court...what exactly did he say? You still havent provided anything that can be checked...so...cite please or caveat with ...iyo

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3986 on: February 11, 2021, 12:18:21 PM »

AP says "no".

A claim such as this really does require a cite. Im fairly sure you are wrong and are promoting misinformation..

cite required

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3987 on: February 11, 2021, 12:19:05 PM »
I have received a warning for libel - could a mod kindly tell me who I have libelled please?  If I don't know who or how I have libelled I am liable to libel again.  Many thanks for your co-operation.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3988 on: February 11, 2021, 12:19:25 PM »
Therefore the Supreme Court judges prejudicial summing up of a case which found in Amaral's favour stepped over a line as far as the European Convention to which Portugal is a signatory is concerned.

On that basis I think sceptic disgraceful hopes that the McCann/Healey appeal won't progress to be heard at the ECHR will be dashed.  I don't think there will be any option, as the damning evidence is on display for all to see.

Dear me, sounds as if you'll be sick as a parrot if things don't go according to your expectations.

For myself, I shall be content with the outcome, whatever, as it will have no affect on my life.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

« Reply #3989 on: February 11, 2021, 12:24:18 PM »

Double standards IMO

He is a suspect.