Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 535114 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4020 on: February 11, 2021, 02:12:09 PM »

SC didn't think it was BS probably ECHR will think the same.

his evidence is BS...as I have shown. That cannot be disputed. You hang on to a beleif that there is evidence of the MCans guilt when there is absolutely nothing to suggest there is and everything to suggest there isnt.

Amaral can beleive what he likes...but if hes going to make calims he must have evidence to support them. same goes for Wolters.

It looks like no one supports amarals theories..if they do why are the PJ not investigating them....

Thats a reason I look forward to the ECHR because I think it will show what a complete pile of tripe amarals book is...lets see
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 02:48:36 PM by Brietta »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4021 on: February 11, 2021, 02:37:57 PM »
Dear me, sounds as if you'll be sick as a parrot if things don't go according to your expectations.

For myself, I shall be content with the outcome, whatever, as it will have no affect on my life.

Please allow me to assure you I won't "be as sick as a parrot" if the European Court does not live up to my expectation although I think you are labouring under a delusion if you think there will be the slightest effect on my life whatever the outcome.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4022 on: February 11, 2021, 02:43:36 PM »
his evidence is BS...as I have shown. That cannot be disputed. You hang on to a beleif that there is evidence of the MCans guilt when there is absolutely nothing to suggest there is and everything to suggest there isnt.

Amaral can beleive what he likes...but if hes going to make calims he must have evidence to support them. same goes for Wolters.

It looks like no one supports amarals theories..if they do why are the PJ not investigating them....

Thats a reason I look forward to the ECHR because I think it will show what a complete pile of tripe amarals book is...lets see

You hope - I myself think it will be thrown out by the ECHR.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4023 on: February 11, 2021, 03:19:52 PM »
You hope - I myself think it will be thrown out by the ECHR.

For what reason do you think it will be thrown out....or is it just a wild guess.

Ive looked at the rules...you havent....I dont see any reason it will be rejected...lets see if you can give one. No one else has been able to

Offline jassi

« Reply #4024 on: February 11, 2021, 03:30:38 PM »
I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread that a decision about acceptance/rejection was expected in a matter of months.
All we have to do is wait and see.

My own preference is for a rejection - done, dusted and out of the way, never to be mentioned again
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 03:55:06 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4025 on: February 11, 2021, 03:33:34 PM »

SC didn't think it was BS probably ECHR will think the same.

If you look at the judgement the portuguese courts were not interested in the veracity of amarals evidence...iaccording to the ECHR they will be. Thats the diference

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4026 on: February 11, 2021, 04:46:53 PM »
I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread that a decision about acceptance/rejection was expected in a matter of months.

My own preference is for a rejection - done, dusted and out of the way, never to be mentioned again

I think that reflects the denial of Republican senators who sat with their backs to the video evidence of events they had lived through while the Trump mob succeeded in getting within feet of their prey, the American Vice President and his family.

Just as ignoring what happens in Washington just won't make it go away it will always be a fact however it turns out ~ what happens in the European Court regarding McCann and Healey V Portugal will end up being as "done and dusted" as the sceptic lexicon circa 2007 is preserved in aspic.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #4027 on: February 11, 2021, 04:59:35 PM »
If rejected, it will have been rejected for being of no merit, not because of people ignoring it.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4028 on: February 11, 2021, 05:08:55 PM »

You know you are not obliged to follow details of this case don’t you?  If it all irks you so much why not be like 99.99999% of the world’s population and take no further part in the online McCann chatter?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4029 on: February 11, 2021, 05:11:43 PM »

Everytyhing ive seen and read points to it being accepted with no reason whatsoever to reject it

Offline jassi

« Reply #4030 on: February 11, 2021, 05:20:11 PM »
As I said earlier, we should know in a few months.

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4031 on: February 11, 2021, 05:20:54 PM »
Which is exactly why Amaral resigned his position. He was no longer an officer of the PJ when he published his book;

"I requested early retirement in order to be able to express myself freely" Page 3, The Truth of the Lie.
Maybe no matter how convinced the police are they must never publically go against "Article 6 § 2 of the Convention".  IMO Article 6 § 2 of the Convention is a paramount right over the right to free speech of the investigating officer whether retired or active.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4032 on: February 11, 2021, 05:23:35 PM »
Which is exactly why Amaral resigned his position. He was no longer an officer of the PJ when he published his book;

"I requested early retirement in order to be able to express myself freely" Page 3, The Truth of the Lie.
Is that stipulated in the ECHR rules, i.e "once you retire you can defame your previous suspects"?   Who told him that?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4033 on: February 11, 2021, 05:27:47 PM »
I'm quite sure the McCanns were upset by the book. They thought the final report said they were innocent, then a book which suggests they weren't becomes a best seller in Portugal and sells well in other countries too. The nightmare wasn't over, it was continuing.

I wonder how upsetting it was when the Supreme Court judges disclosed that the final report didn't say they were innocent.

still no cite supplied....please give cite as per forum rules

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4034 on: February 11, 2021, 05:31:11 PM »
Is that stipulated in the ECHR rules, i.e "once you retire you can defame your previous suspects"?   Who told him that?
Amaral requested early retirement so that he could publish a book that he knew would probably make him lots of money.  Apparently it is libellous to say so though - it’s a 15% warning transgression. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly