Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530845 times)

Offline The General

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4095 on: February 12, 2021, 07:43:17 AM »
There’s no IMO about it.  He wrote the book as a commercial endeavour.  The book which was about the case was to make him money.  He couldn’t be sure how much prior to publication but he knew it would earn him something.   Therefore it is not an opinion to say he cashed in on the case.  He did.
I tend to agree. Being about 500,000 euro in the hole, he's looking for a vehicle to generate income and make his point. The book is a loss leader really, as the publishing costs would always have outstripped demand. But it does generate the interest where the real money is - the TV work that has given him a comfortable living.
He's on the train; in fact he's still driving it.

(choo choo)
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4096 on: February 12, 2021, 08:06:53 AM »
I tend to agree. Being about 500,000 euro in the hole, he's looking for a vehicle to generate income and make his point. The book is a loss leader really, as the publishing costs would always have outstripped demand. But it does generate the interest where the real money is - the TV work that has given him a comfortable living.
He's on the train; in fact he's still driving it.

(choo choo)

Was he half a million euros down before he wrote it?  Careless!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 08:19:47 AM by Robittybob1 »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4097 on: February 12, 2021, 08:21:39 AM »
Was he half a million euros down before he wrote it?  Careless!
I thought General was referring to his loss of regular income, as a result of the early retirement.  I Might be completely wrong?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4098 on: February 12, 2021, 08:30:31 AM »
I thought General was referring to his loss of regular income, as a result of the early retirement.  I Might be completely wrong?
No one forced him to retire early.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4099 on: February 12, 2021, 08:34:44 AM »
No one forced him to retire early.
He had some job he wasn't happy with.  OK no one forced him to retire but that was one form of pressure. 
But whether or not was it voluntary?  Even if voluntary he is without his usual income.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4100 on: February 12, 2021, 08:57:21 AM »
There’s no IMO about it.  He wrote the book as a commercial endeavour.  The book which was about the case was to make him money.  He couldn’t be sure how much prior to publication but he knew it would earn him something.   Therefore it is not an opinion to say he cashed in on the case.  He did.

It seems you are unable to grasp the difference between believing something is a fact and demonstrating to others that it's a fact. We know that Amaral made money from his book, but we don't know if it was monetary gain which motivated him to write it. In your opinion that was his motive, but you have no evidence that you're right.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4101 on: February 12, 2021, 09:21:33 AM »
It seems you are unable to grasp the difference between believing something is a fact and demonstrating to others that it's a fact. We know that Amaral made money from his book, but we don't know if it was monetary gain which motivated him to write it. In your opinion that was his motive, but you have no evidence that you're right.
If monetary gain was not one of his motives why did he seek out a publisher (or why did a publisher seek him out) and why did he put a price on the book and why did he not donate all the money to charity? Do you think Summers and Swann were motivated by altruistic reasons then?  Amaral knew there was money to be made from his side of the story, and don't pretend he did not. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4102 on: February 12, 2021, 09:23:27 AM »
He had some job he wasn't happy with.  OK no one forced him to retire but that was one form of pressure. 
But whether or not was it voluntary?  Even if voluntary he is without his usual income.
He retired to become a published author.  He knew he had a story to tell that lots of people would want to read as he had presided over the most talked about case in his country's recent history.  He and his publisher knew he was sitting on a goldmine and only a very naive person would think he hadn't cottoned onto this fact.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4103 on: February 12, 2021, 09:27:25 AM »

Rather like my hypothesis of Mr Sillence’s actions last week for which certain individuals cried holy murder.

It’s a rum old world.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4104 on: February 12, 2021, 09:30:01 AM »
Rather like my hypothesis of Mr Sillence’s actions last week for which certain individuals cried holy murder.

It’s a rum old world.
I wondered when you'd pipe up with that old mantra.  You are wrong and here's why:
you claimed Mr Sillence was a "hustler" and was paid for his interview in which you claimed he lied,  and provided not one "scintilla" (copywrite Faithlilly) of evidence to back up your claim.  Furthermore you challenged Mr Sillence to sue you, and claimed you didn't care if John got into legal trouble for your post.
I have stated as fact that Amaral cashed in on the case, which is indisputable however you want to look at it.  I also have the backing of two mods who agree with me that "Amaral cashed in on the case" is an indisputable fact.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 09:33:22 AM by Vertigo Swirl »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4105 on: February 12, 2021, 09:40:33 AM »

A large amount of the Book Money was sequestered by The Court and frozen and not on behalf of The McCanns.  Amaral owed a lot of money elsewhere.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4106 on: February 12, 2021, 09:46:14 AM »
A large amount of the Book Money was sequestered by The Court and frozen and not on behalf of The McCanns.  Amaral owed a lot of money elsewhere.

Not sure why the state of his finances is relevant. Does it have a bearing on the case?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4107 on: February 12, 2021, 09:52:10 AM »
Not sure why the state of his finances is relevant. Does it have a bearing on the case?

Just explaining things to Rob.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4108 on: February 12, 2021, 09:55:59 AM »
Just explaining things to Rob.

Was money sequestered by anyone else? I’ve never heard that before.Then again I’m not that much interested in individual’s private income.....mainly because it’s private.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4109 on: February 12, 2021, 10:03:40 AM »
He retired to become a published author.  He knew he had a story to tell that lots of people would want to read as he had presided over the most talked about case in his country's recent history.  He and his publisher knew he was sitting on a goldmine and only a very naive person would think he hadn't cottoned onto this fact.

You can speculate until the cows come home, but it remains speculation, not fact.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0