Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 534986 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4200 on: February 13, 2021, 05:30:31 PM »
According to the Guardian Almeida testified that the main evidence against the McCanns was the dog alerts... Yet that isn't in the transcript we have here

Do you have a cite ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4201 on: February 13, 2021, 06:25:44 PM »
There was a successful attempt by the McCanns in September 2009 to ban Amaral's book before the defamation trial began. The testimony you refer to occured during a successful appeal against the ban in October 2010, not during the 'libel' trial. We don't have any transcripts of the testimony from the book-banning actions as far as I know.

You still cannot rely on your cite a sbeing an accurate account of what the  Mcanns thought

as to your answer surely its totally damning that for the PJ the main evidence wa sthe dog alerts....which were not evidence

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4202 on: February 13, 2021, 07:49:57 PM »
You still cannot rely on your cite a sbeing an accurate account of what the  Mcanns thought

as to your answer surely its totally damning that for the PJ the main evidence wa sthe dog alerts....which were not evidence
Do you have the cite Faithlilly asked for?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4203 on: February 13, 2021, 08:29:14 PM »

I have provided a cite where a witness testifies that the McCanns told him that the final report said they were innocent.

You can accept or reject the cite but it exists and it was provided.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4204 on: February 13, 2021, 08:33:09 PM »
I have provided a cite where a witness testifies that the McCanns told him that the final report said they were innocent.

You can accept or reject the cite but it exists and it was provided.
You eventually supplied a cite which wasn't convincing.. Imo

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4205 on: February 13, 2021, 08:58:28 PM »

There's no "eventually" about it. I supplied the cite with my post on the subject, and was harassed into supplying it again.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8465.msg639767#msg639767

Result = happy posting.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4206 on: February 13, 2021, 10:06:56 PM »

Eventually? I have been waiting 10 hours for a cite from you...a cite Rob has also asked you for. Do you have a cite for your claim re:the Guardian article?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4207 on: February 13, 2021, 10:12:10 PM »
Eventually? I have been waiting 10 hours for a cite from you...a cite Rob has also asked you for. Do you have a cite for your claim re:the Guardian article?

I haven't seen your request... I've posted it several times. Gunit has confirmed it's authenticity. Does it surprise you.. I'll see if I ca find it

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4208 on: February 13, 2021, 10:13:49 PM »
Can you link to the original cite request please?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4209 on: February 13, 2021, 10:15:53 PM »
Can you link to the original cite request please?
Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida said he believed the British child had died in her family's apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz on the day she went missing. He told the court the main evidence for this was the findings of British police sniffer dogs sent to Portugal

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk/2010/jan/12/madeleine-mccann-parents-defamation-book
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 10:18:01 PM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4210 on: February 13, 2021, 10:17:08 PM »
. He told the court the main evidence for this was the findings of British police sniffer dogs sent to Portugal

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk/2010/jan/12/madeleine-mccann-parents-defamation-book
It was the forum link I was wanting
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4211 on: February 13, 2021, 10:21:03 PM »
Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida said he believed the British child had died in her family's apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz on the day she went missing. He told the court the main evidence for this was the findings of British police sniffer dogs sent to Portugal

"Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida said he believed the British child had died in her family's apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz on the day she went missing. He told the court the main evidence for this was the findings of British police sniffer dogs sent to Portugal to examine the flat. The McCanns' lawyer, Isabel Duarte, challenged this claim, arguing that the results from sniffer dogs did not constitute proof and were not allowed as evidence in the case."

And the point was?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4212 on: February 13, 2021, 10:21:50 PM »
"Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida said he believed the British child had died in her family's apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz on the day she went missing. He told the court the main evidence for this was the findings of British police sniffer dogs sent to Portugal to examine the flat. The McCanns' lawyer, Isabel Duarte, challenged this claim, arguing that the results from sniffer dogs did not constitute proof and were not allowed as evidence in the case."

And the point was?

Read the thread and you will understand

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4213 on: February 13, 2021, 11:57:50 PM »

This is from the 2010 trial. The libel transcript on this site is from 2013.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4214 on: February 14, 2021, 12:09:53 AM »

It's not my fault if you failed to notice the cite provided in my post and spent time asking for something which was already present.

The date of the Guardian story was 12th January 2010. The libel trial witnesses were heard in 2013, three years later. Thanks to the work of Anne Guedes we have transcripts of what the trial witnesses told the court. As far as I know no transcripts exist of the witness statements given in 2009/10 during the hearings concerning the book banning injunction.
Result = happy posting.