Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530816 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4620 on: September 15, 2022, 08:50:31 PM »
It never was going to be quietly dropped, which ever way it might go.  Silly John.  We would all have known about it.  Or will know, which ever way it might go.

I truly do not have any speculations.  And it is no longer of any importance to me.

Somedebody slagged someone off without just cause.  Is Freedom of Speech more important than a Right to the Presumption of Innocence?  I no longer have any idea.  And and I don't actually care anyway.

The McCanns will never be indicted for this. So this is just point scoring now, amongst  ourselves.

I mostly have no idea of what I am doing Moderating this Forum, beyond the obvious, but that the need for that doesn't happen much anymore.  Unless I should want get really shirty, which I always might.  You never can tell with me.

Is freedom of speech more important than the POI..sometimes yes...and sometimes no...according to the ECHR.

I won't repeat again how they decide as sceptics won't accept it anyway...but based on previous case law which I've already posted here...I see a victory for the McCanns

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4621 on: September 15, 2022, 09:01:59 PM »
I've said all along the Mcs have a very strong case and would win..gunit said they would lose..
We will find out soon whos right

I've questioned your opinions and have given my opinions. I've made it clear that I'm not convinced that the McCanns would win. I don't recall saying they would lose.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4622 on: September 15, 2022, 09:11:02 PM »
The Portuguese authorities followed Portuguese and Human Rights law to the letter. The McCann's right to the presumption of innocence was not breached.

First one I looked at...you state as,a fact that the POI was not breached....you couldn't have been clearer

You claim Portugal followed human rights law to the letter

You couldn't be any clearer

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4623 on: September 16, 2022, 01:10:24 AM »
First one I looked at...you state as,a fact that the POI was not breached....you couldn't have been clearer

You claim Portugal followed human rights law to the letter

You couldn't be any clearer

Portugal could not be any more clear. Their opinion of The Right to Innocence is of no importance to them.  There is no right to Innocence in Portugal.  This does not exist. Hence the likes of Amaral.  And even more sadly of how he managed to do so much harm.

I have come to terms with it all now.  But then it was never my child.  I fight for precisely that reason.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4624 on: September 16, 2022, 08:09:43 AM »
I predict a lot of very unhappy sceptics on Tuesday

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4625 on: September 16, 2022, 12:05:23 PM »
Nope.  I am afraid it seems it is you who have got the wrong end of the stick.  It looks very much as though the Daily Mail is merely reporting when the court in Strasbourg will deal with
"McCann and Healy v. Portugal (no. 57195/17)"

"Tuesday 20 September 2022
McCann and Healy v. Portugal (no. 57195/17)

The applicants, Gerald Patrick McCann and Kate Marie Healy, are British nationals, born in 1968.

They live in Leicestershire, in the United Kingdom.

The case concerns statements made by Mr Gonçalo Amaral – a former detective inspector – in a book, a documentary adapted from that book and a newspaper interview about the applicants’ alleged involvement in the disappearance of their daughter, Madeleine McCann, who went missing on 3 May 2007 in southern Portugal.

Relying on Articles 6 §§ 1 and 2 (right to a fair hearing),

8 (right to respect for private and family life)

and 10 (freedom of expression) of the Convention, the applicants allege that those statements damaged their reputation, their good name and their right to be presumed innocent, and complain that they were unable to obtain redress before the domestic civil courts.

They also argue that the reasoning in decisions issued by the Supreme Court on 31 January and 21 March 2017, at the close of an action for damages brought by them, breached their right to be presumed innocent.

https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8465.msg690791#msg690791

Nope I got the right  end of the stick.

The parents of missing Madeleine McCann are due to hear on Tuesday whether or not the European Court of Human Rights believes they were wronged by the Portuguese court system.

Media sources in the UK have said the decision relates to the couple’s legal battle with former PJ police coordinator Gonçalo Amaral – the author of the book “Maddie: A Verdade da Mentira, in which he explained his theory that they could have been involved in Madeleine’s disappearance. This is not exactly true. The decision relates to the couple’s ‘complaint against Portuguese Justice’ for having absolved Mr Amaral, after years of litigation.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4626 on: September 16, 2022, 01:30:19 PM »

The parents of missing Madeleine McCann are due to hear on Tuesday whether or not the European Court of Human Rights believes they were wronged by the Portuguese court system.

Media sources in the UK have said the decision relates to the couple’s legal battle with former PJ police coordinator Gonçalo Amaral – the author of the book “Maddie: A Verdade da Mentira, in which he explained his theory that they could have been involved in Madeleine’s disappearance. This is not exactly true. The decision relates to the couple’s ‘complaint against Portuguese Justice’ for having absolved Mr Amaral, after years of litigation.

the Mail is correct...its against Portugal but relates to the libellous claims of Amarel

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4627 on: September 16, 2022, 04:15:03 PM »

You misinterpreted the Mail article as having "got the wrong end of the stick" regarding notification from the European court.  Just another illustration of sceptic denial when reportage of actual events doesn't suit their agenda.

Whichever way the cookie crumbles next Tuesday we have reached a stage in proceedings that sceptics almost universally claimed would never be reached.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4628 on: September 16, 2022, 04:22:34 PM »

I think you are right and I hope that you are.

I think that setting the precedent that rogue judges will have to think twice before riding roughshod over Human Rights will be no bad thing for the Portuguese judicial system at all levels.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4629 on: September 17, 2022, 11:24:41 AM »
You misinterpreted the Mail article as having "got the wrong end of the stick" regarding notification from the European court.  Just another illustration of sceptic denial when reportage of actual events doesn't suit their agenda.

Whichever way the cookie crumbles next Tuesday we have reached a stage in proceedings that sceptics almost universally claimed would never be reached.

OH FGS

Why make such an issue of a through away comment ...your the one with an agenda.

I did not misrepresent anything DM did by making  out it was against G A an not portugal

Even a comment DM allowed ....leave the cop alone shows that it was misleading B

Madeleine McCann’s parents will find out next week if they have won their rollercoaster legal battle against the former policeman who suggested they were responsible for her disappearance.

Goncalo Ameral did win the battle.....the mccs lost an took Portugal to ECHR to save there reputation etc.

Since when have the media represented truth...there aim is to sell papers.

Although I do think PR got it as near to the mark as you can get...also reminds you the mccs are not fully classed as  innocent.

https://www.portugalresident.com/mccanns-versus-portugal-european-court-publishes-decision-on-tuesday/

Media sources in the UK have said the decision relates to the couple’s legal battle with former PJ police coordinator Gonçalo Amaral........................................This is not exactly true. The decision relates to the couple’s ‘complaint against Portuguese Justice’

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4630 on: September 17, 2022, 11:36:43 AM »

What be unhappy about the mccs imo trying to save reputation something that has been there main priority since day one.

They are not there for maddie.

It seems you and B glorify more in the fact it got to ECHR, ,,,god knows how you will feel when they loose.

statements damaged their reputation, their good name and their right to be presumed innocent,

This is all they have ever been about ....yet every thing that happened was brought on by themselves.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4631 on: September 17, 2022, 12:20:57 PM »
What be unhappy about the mccs imo trying to save reputation something that has been there main priority since day one.

They are not there for maddie.

It seems you and B glorify more in the fact it got to ECHR, ,,,god knows how you will feel when they loose.

statements damaged their reputation, their good name and their right to be presumed innocent,

This is all they have ever been about ....yet every thing that happened was brought on by themselves.

In my opinion their reputations and good names were damaged in some people's eyes immediately they admitted that they left three small children home alone for five nights on the trot.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4632 on: September 17, 2022, 12:32:51 PM »
In my opinion their reputations and good names were damaged in some people's eyes immediately they admitted that they left three small children home alone for five nights on the trot.

Do you think you understand the law...you don't seem to.
None of what you say has any bearing on the alleged defamation by amaral

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4633 on: September 17, 2022, 12:38:15 PM »

OH FGS

Why make such an issue of a through away comment ...your the one with an agenda.

I did not misrepresent anything DM did by making  out it was against G A an not portugal

Even a comment DM allowed ....leave the cop alone shows that it was misleading B

Madeleine McCann’s parents will find out next week if they have won their rollercoaster legal battle against the former policeman who suggested they were responsible for her disappearance.

Goncalo Ameral did win the battle.....the mccs lost an took Portugal to ECHR to save there reputation etc.

Since when have the media represented truth...there aim is to sell papers.

Although I do think PR got it as near to the mark as you can get...also reminds you the mccs are not fully classed as  innocent.

https://www.portugalresident.com/mccanns-versus-portugal-european-court-publishes-decision-on-tuesday/

Media sources in the UK have said the decision relates to the couple’s legal battle with former PJ police coordinator Gonçalo Amaral........................................This is not exactly true. The decision relates to the couple’s ‘complaint against Portuguese Justice’

You are mistaken to base your opinion on the PR which is totally supportive of amaral and Portugal.

The fact is that the case is against Portugal and relates to amaral..that's 100% true. Amarsl features in the recent press release fron the ECHR and will feature heavily in the judgement by the ECHR. It could well result in his book being banned  in Portugal

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4634 on: September 17, 2022, 12:55:05 PM »
Do you think you understand the law...you don't seem to.
None of what you say has any bearing on the alleged defamation by amaral

I know that whether they are successful or not at the ECHR it won't make a blind bit of difference to how peope see them.
Result = happy posting.