Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530704 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4755 on: January 13, 2023, 12:26:50 PM »
The ECHR said that there were none.  You left that bit out.

I saw no such comment by the ECHR. All I saw was that the investigation was discontinued for lack of evidence.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4756 on: January 13, 2023, 12:31:44 PM »
I saw no such comment by the ECHR. All I saw was that the investigation was discontinued for lack of evidence.

Golly Gosh.  Lack of Evidence.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4757 on: January 13, 2023, 12:40:49 PM »
He reappeared when the hope of a final appeal was raised, but obviously the McCanns have finally accepted that they can't win this case.

I was reading the Appeal Court judgement which overturned the injunction in October 2010. It was interesting to see that it mentioned things that were later repeated by both the Supreme Court judges and those of the ECHR. Things such as the fact that TOTL was based on the PJ files, and that the McCanns had limited their right to privacy by making use of the media. An interesting read.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/court_docs.htm

They should never have gone after GA in the first place.  The only people it seems that made his book successful were the mcs.

Goncalo de Sousa Amaral,
Guerra e Paz, Editores, SA
VC - Valentim de Carvalho - Filmes, Audiovisuais, SA and
TVI - Televisao Independente, SA

All of them based on the right of freedom of expression of thought that is constitutionally consecrated and furthermore the fact that the statements and facts that were published in the book are the mere reproduction of solid data that is part of the investigation that was started at due time, and that said statements and facts are even part of the investigation's archiving dispatch that was signed by a Prosecutor of the Portuguese Republic.

A new sentence was issued, which basically upheld the sentence that had been issued before and that granted the request.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4758 on: January 13, 2023, 12:50:54 PM »
Amazing. Something has finally reached a conclusion

Yes, & I'm sure the McCanns will be very pleased to finally have some closure on the matter.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4759 on: January 13, 2023, 01:13:31 PM »
They should never have gone after GA in the first place.  The only people it seems that made his book successful were the mcs.

Goncalo de Sousa Amaral,

All of them based on the right of freedom of expression of thought that is constitutionally consecrated and furthermore the fact that the statements and facts that were published in the book are the mere reproduction of solid data that is part of the investigation that was started at due time, and that said statements and facts are even part of the investigation's archiving dispatch that was signed by a Prosecutor of the Portuguese Republic.

A new sentence was issued, which basically upheld the sentence that had been issued before and that granted the request.

It's a prime example imo of the heart ruling the head. One reason for undertaking this case has been repeated endlessly; that the book harmed the search for Madeleine. No evidence upholding that belief was able to be found by the McCanns and their lawyers, however.

FACTS NOT PROVEN
n) that the attention of the media and people in general had decreased with the publication of the defendant Goncalo Amaral's book .
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6307.0 page 32

Court cases can't be won by expressing beliefs. Evidence is needed.

Result = happy posting.

Offline barrier

« Reply #4760 on: January 13, 2023, 01:40:48 PM »
The ECHR said that there were none.  You left that bit out.

Nope, the ECHR never said that, there is no quote tags around that sentence so its not attributed to any one bar the reporter.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4761 on: January 13, 2023, 01:41:58 PM »
Who said there was, this is about the failed attempt at the ECHR, where's the resident expert ,Davel.

There was no appeal.  There was therefore no 'failed' attempt.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #4762 on: January 13, 2023, 01:47:15 PM »
There was no appeal.  There was therefore no 'failed' attempt.

The title of the thread is appeal to the ECHR which was started in Sept 2017,judgement was in sept 2022  final communique is Dec 2022 ,they lost, they failed.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 01:49:28 PM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4763 on: January 13, 2023, 01:50:57 PM »

Goncalo de Sousa Amaral,

Quite right according to sceptics!
They should just have continued allowing Amaral to say whatever nonsense he felt like coming up with about them and most of all they should just have thrown in the towel and agreed with Amaral to give up searching for their daughter.

Who cares about the crimes no-one was prepared to investigate - certainly not sceptics and certainly not Amaral.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4764 on: January 13, 2023, 01:55:04 PM »
It's a prime example imo of the heart ruling the head. One reason for undertaking this case has been repeated endlessly; that the book harmed the search for Madeleine. No evidence upholding that belief was able to be found by the McCanns and their lawyers, however.

FACTS NOT PROVEN
n) that the attention of the media and people in general had decreased with the publication of the defendant Goncalo Amaral's book .
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6307.0 page 32

Court cases can't be won by expressing beliefs. Evidence is needed.

That's a bit of an obtuse statement to make when we have just watched one being won without a shred of evidence but only the opinion and beliefs of a cop with the right to freedom of expression.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4765 on: January 13, 2023, 02:10:25 PM »
They should just have continued allowing Amaral to say whatever nonsense he felt like coming up with about them and most of all they should just have thrown in the towel and agreed with Amaral to give up searching for their daughter.

Who cares about the crimes no-one was prepared to investigate - certainly not sceptics and certainly not Amaral.

What are you talking about? What are these crimes you imagine no-one was prepared to investigate?

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4766 on: January 13, 2023, 02:14:01 PM »
That's a bit of an obtuse statement to make when we have just watched one being won without a shred of evidence but only the opinion and beliefs of a cop with the right to freedom of expression.

Well, it wasn't just his beliefs, was it. It was the conclusion reached by the investigative team & signed off by Tavares Almeida. This wasn't something dreamt up by Amaral. Eddie barked his head off at all things McCann, Kate clammed up under interview & the team of investigators drew the most reasonable inference from that.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4767 on: January 13, 2023, 03:26:23 PM »

Well, it wasn't nonsense was it....otherwise, TOTL would have been banned.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4768 on: January 13, 2023, 06:16:29 PM »

Amaral didn't breach any of the McCann's human rights. All he did was express his opinion, just as the McCann's did.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4769 on: January 13, 2023, 06:30:11 PM »
Well, it wasn't nonsense was it....otherwise, TOTL would have been banned.

Any word of Amaral publishing his most recent book "Maddie: Enough of Lies!" for sale in English bookshops?