Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530791 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4965 on: January 19, 2023, 11:39:57 AM »
In articles dated October 27 ("Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years" and "Investigators had E-Fits five years ago", News) we referred to efits which were included in a report prepared by private investigators for the McCanns and the Fund in 2008. We accept that the articles may have been understood to suggest that the McCanns had withheld information from the authorities. This was not the case. We now understand and accept that the efits had been provided to the Portuguese and Leicestershire police by October 2009. We also understand that a copy of the final report including the efits was passed to the Metropolitan police in August 2011, shortly after it commenced its review. We apologise for the distress caused."

Yes, they didn't withhold the e-fits from the authorities, but they did withhold them from the public.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Lace

« Reply #4966 on: January 19, 2023, 12:37:28 PM »
Yes, they didn't withhold the e-fits from the authorities, but they did withhold them from the public.

Have you maybe thought it wasn't down to them to make the e-fits public?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4967 on: January 19, 2023, 12:47:28 PM »

No I haven't, I think they didn't want to make them public, for very obvious reasons.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4968 on: January 19, 2023, 01:04:15 PM »

It wasn't down to them to publicise the 'Victoria Becham lookalike' either, but they did.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/aug/06/victoria-beckham-lookalike-madeleine-mccann
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4969 on: January 19, 2023, 01:17:23 PM »
It wasn't down to them to publicise the 'Victoria Becham lookalike' either, but they did.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/aug/06/victoria-beckham-lookalike-madeleine-mccann

So who do you think it was down to to publicise information on Madeleine's case on 6 Aug 2009?

Who else was looking for Madeleine McCann other than her parents and their private detectives?

The McCann investigators received the information around six weeks ago and Edgar recently spent two days in Barcelona.

A major investigation by Portuguese and British police has failed to find Madeleine.

The McCann team said they would be liaising with British, Australian and Spanish police over the new information. The Portuguese police say they have closed the case.

"We take the witness at face value," said Mitchell. "He is a credible witness, he is a professional man."

Asked why the man had taken more than two years to come forward, Edgar said there were personal reasons but refused to divulge them. "I think he recognises perhaps he should have come forward earlier."

The woman had been sober, Edgar added. "It was significant obviously. Otherwise I would not be here today."

Mitchell said there had been many "well-meaning and malicious" tip-offs over the years since Madeleine disappeared and her parents were hoping this one might be significant. "They are searching for Madeleine with every breath they take. They will never give up until they know what happened to her."

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4970 on: January 19, 2023, 01:42:42 PM »
So who do you think it was down to to publicise information on Madeleine's case on 6 Aug 2009?

Who else was looking for Madeleine McCann other than her parents and their private detectives?

The McCann investigators received the information around six weeks ago and Edgar recently spent two days in Barcelona.

A major investigation by Portuguese and British police has failed to find Madeleine.

The McCann team said they would be liaising with British, Australian and Spanish police over the new information. The Portuguese police say they have closed the case.

"We take the witness at face value," said Mitchell. "He is a credible witness, he is a professional man."

Asked why the man had taken more than two years to come forward, Edgar said there were personal reasons but refused to divulge them. "I think he recognises perhaps he should have come forward earlier."

The woman had been sober, Edgar added. "It was significant obviously. Otherwise I would not be here today."

Mitchell said there had been many "well-meaning and malicious" tip-offs over the years since Madeleine disappeared and her parents were hoping this one might be significant. "They are searching for Madeleine with every breath they take. They will never give up until they know what happened to her."

So why not publicise the e-fits provided by Exton?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4971 on: January 19, 2023, 01:53:20 PM »
So why not publicise the e-fits provided by Exton?
Because they were given by a man who claimed it was Gerry he saw?  If you knew it wasn't you he saw how much reliability would you put on the man's recollection?  Alternatively, why would you get your private investigators onto it if you knew it WAS you that one of the witnesses saw? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4972 on: January 19, 2023, 02:10:21 PM »
Any word of Amaral publishing his most recent book "Maddie: Enough of Lies!" for sale in English bookshops?

Nah, The UK lost its backbone years and years ago it seems.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4973 on: January 19, 2023, 02:17:01 PM »
I think the problem is that everyone believed Amaral at the time and until very recently.

The McCanns did not take immediate action when his book was first published - they were far too busy campaigning and looking for their missing daughter.

But as the only people who were actively looking for Madeleine in the firm belief she might still be a living breathing child as there is absolutely no evidence to the contrary, they were best placed to make the assessment about what was and what was not prejudicing public opinion.

The propaganda hive built around Amaral and his cronies was deemed by them to be the worst factor damaging their at the time lone search for Madeleine.
As the people most in the know about the effect the lies were having, they took legal action to stop it.

I think they were perfectly within their rights to do so and I think that at the time it was absolutely the correct decision for them to make bearing in mind that the alternative would have been to roll over and allow Amaral to say and print whatever nonsense came into his head without challenge.

That would have blown any case they had for continuing the search for Madeleine right out of the water.

The McCanns were doing their utmost to find Madeleine: Amaral was doing his utmost to convince the world Madeleine was dead.

I think the problem is that everyone believed Amaral at the time and until very recently.

Can you not realize most people can come to their own conclusion of what happened to Maddie purely on what they have seen/heard themselves

Or do you think we should all be swayed by what we are told happened by a german prosecutor SY ect ect.

GA's book is not only written from police files....but also first-hand information right or wrong he was an experienced detective.

Even at this moment in time, no one knows what happened that night, or who was responsible.

IMO HCW is equal to GA [if not worse]by constantly announcing Maddie is dead and that he has the evidence.

All it boils down to is who you believe is on the right track.

GA only confirmed to me along the lines - and I'm sure thousands of others...what they were thinking anyway

Your posts regarding GA are as if he is to blame for things going wrong.

When the fact is -  the mccs did that to themselves.

IMO your posts have a little propaganda hive going on....when in fact as yet no one can say what happened apart from speculating.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4974 on: January 19, 2023, 02:39:41 PM »
Because they were given by a man who claimed it was Gerry he saw?  If you knew it wasn't you he saw how much reliability would you put on the man's recollection?  Alternatively, why would you get your private investigators onto it if you knew it WAS you that one of the witnesses saw?

So I could obtain as much information from, & about, the witness as possible, & then could use that to create an alternative narrative & attack the witnesses credibility if ever needed.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4975 on: January 19, 2023, 02:46:12 PM »
Ricardo Afonso, deputy lawyer for the McCanns.

Ricardo Afonso spent almost two hours talking about numbers, comparing the Gonçalo Amaral book with selected bits of the case files and trying to discredit the author, the PJ and the dogs, while insisting that the British police didn't agree with the PJ's conclusions that led to the McCanns being made arguidos.

He also attacked the Smiths' credibility and questioned why they were seen as credible by the investigation while Jane Tanner was discredited. He said that Tanner's sighting corroborated the Smiths' sighting, but that the coordinator, Gonçalo Amaral, and his team simply wouldn't investigate anything except the death thesis and the McCanns.

https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=5786.0

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4976 on: January 19, 2023, 03:03:32 PM »

"He said that Tanner's sighting corroborated the Smiths' sighting"

The abductor had a haircut during the 40 odd minutes between the two sightings.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4977 on: January 19, 2023, 03:08:06 PM »
"He said that Tanner's sighting corroborated the Smiths' sighting"

The abductor had a haircut during the 40 odd minutes between the two sightings.

Obviously at a  late-night Barbers with creche facilities.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4978 on: January 19, 2023, 03:11:07 PM »
Obviously at a  late-night Barbers with creche facilities.

Maddie slept right through it all. The abductor gave her Calpol.

Offline Lace

« Reply #4979 on: January 19, 2023, 03:47:37 PM »

Can you not realize most people can come to their own conclusion of what happened to Maddie purely on what they have seen/heard themselves

Or do you think we should all be swayed by what we are told happened by a german prosecutor SY ect ect.

GA's book is not only written from police files....but also first-hand information right or wrong he was an experienced detective.

Even at this moment in time, no one knows what happened that night, or who was responsible.

IMO HCW is equal to GA [if not worse]by constantly announcing Maddie is dead and that he has the evidence.

All it boils down to is who you believe is on the right track.

GA only confirmed to me along the lines - and I'm sure thousands of others...what they were thinking anyway

Your posts regarding GA are as if he is to blame for things going wrong.

When the fact is -  the mccs did that to themselves.

IMO your posts have a little propaganda hive going on....when in fact as yet no one can say what happened apart from speculating.

Can you show me where in the Police files it was concluded that the DNA and dog alerts proved that Madeleine had died.