Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530794 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #5685 on: March 13, 2023, 08:51:58 AM »
As I recall, Amaral's 'verbal tirade' was aimed at the UK police, not at the McCanns. The incident you're referring to wasn't brought up in the libel trial so the judges were not able to discuss it.

Who is Goncalo Amaral?
Gonalo Amaral is a retired detective who led the initial hunt when three-year-old Madeleine McCann went missing from the Ocean Club holiday complex in Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.

He was removed as head of the investigation after criticising British detectives and claiming they were only following leads the McCanns asked them to pursue.

Amaral has remained an outspoken critic of British police and the McCanns, and has repeatedly claimed Gerry and Kate killed their daughter.

He released a book and subsequent TV documentary called The Truth Of The Lie in which he cruelly alleged the McCanns faked Maddie's abduction to cover their tracks after she had been accidentally killed.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/516734/goncalo-amaral-madeleine-mccann-kate-gerry-2/#:~:text=Gonalo%20Amaral%20is%20a%20retired%20detective%20who%20led,following%20leads%20the%20McCanns%20asked%20them%20to%20pursue.

The point I was making prior to your clumsy attempt at sidestepping it was that in his vindictive attempts to smear the McCanns and take the focus off the criminal investigation into Madeleine's kidnap ~ Goncalo Amaral broke Portuguese secrecy law for which offence he should have been prosecuted.

Apart from the rap over the knuckles of being sacked from the investigation he emerged from the situation the penalty for which if found guilty, included a jail sentence ~ he waltzed off scot-free at the time and subsequently many years down the line, at the ECHR..

The information which Amaral divulged included operation details of evidence which had been forwarded from Britain, so he really did break the law with a vengeance just for the breach to be ignored.  I would say that qualifies as a true fact, strange it is ignored with posters such as yourself being at pains to deflect from Amaral's peccadillos throughout.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5686 on: March 13, 2023, 08:57:25 AM »
You can believe anything you like if you ignore the evidence against your belief.

I think that philosophy sums you up as a poster which in effect devalues everything you post.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5687 on: March 13, 2023, 09:12:18 AM »
Who is Goncalo Amaral?
Gonalo Amaral is a retired detective who led the initial hunt when three-year-old Madeleine McCann went missing from the Ocean Club holiday complex in Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.

He was removed as head of the investigation after criticising British detectives and claiming they were only following leads the McCanns asked them to pursue.

Amaral has remained an outspoken critic of British police and the McCanns, and has repeatedly claimed Gerry and Kate killed their daughter.

He released a book and subsequent TV documentary called The Truth Of The Lie in which he cruelly alleged the McCanns faked Maddie's abduction to cover their tracks after she had been accidentally killed.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/516734/goncalo-amaral-madeleine-mccann-kate-gerry-2/#:~:text=Gonalo%20Amaral%20is%20a%20retired%20detective%20who%20led,following%20leads%20the%20McCanns%20asked%20them%20to%20pursue.

The point I was making prior to your clumsy attempt at sidestepping it was that in his vindictive attempts to smear the McCanns and take the focus off the criminal investigation into Madeleine's kidnap ~ Goncalo Amaral broke Portuguese secrecy law for which offence he should have been prosecuted.

Apart from the rap over the knuckles of being sacked from the investigation he emerged from the situation the penalty for which if found guilty, included a jail sentence ~ he waltzed off scot-free at the time and subsequently many years down the line, at the ECHR..

The information which Amaral divulged included operation details of evidence which had been forwarded from Britain, so he really did break the law with a vengeance just for the breach to be ignored.  I would say that qualifies as a true fact, strange it is ignored with posters such as yourself being at pains to deflect from Amaral's peccadillos throughout.

When has Amaral ever claimed the McCanns killed Maddie?
I don't remember reading that anywhere. Strange this was never mentioned to the ECHR.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline barrier

« Reply #5688 on: March 13, 2023, 09:41:28 AM »
You don't have a clue. If you look at the reasoning by the judge in the cipriano case..Re the proven fact you might understand

What as the Cipriano trial is do to with the ECHR ? and subsequent failure of the McCanns at said court.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5689 on: March 13, 2023, 09:52:49 AM »
I don't think there could be a more appropriate example to illustrate the reason the McCanns took legal action to safeguard their investigation and search for Madeleine.

As senior investigating officer Goncalo Amaral presided over a botched case in 2007 and showed his determination to interfere in today's German investigation.

This is surely one driven guy.

Gloating Portuguese cop says the McCanns 'are still suspects' in the disappearance of Madeleine hours after the family lose libel legal battle against his book
  • Kate and Gerry McCann lost latest round of legal battle with Goncalo Amaral
  • Ex-police chief said the couple 'remain suspects' over Maddie's disappearance
  • Pair had sued cop for libel after he published a book suggesting they were involved in the disappearance of daughter Madeleine in 2007
  • Parents won the initial case but ruling was overturned by Portuguese judges in 2017, prompting them to appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
  • European judges today ruled in Amaral's favour, opening door to another appeal
By NATALIA PENZA and NICK PISA FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 16:47, 20 September 2022

The Portuguese ex-police chief who probed the disappearance of Madeleine McCann said her parents are 'still suspects' as he gloated over his court win today.

Goncalo Amaral laid into Gerry and Kate in a radio interview in his native country after learning they had lost the latest round of their libel battle against his 2008 book.

The couple had taken him to the European Court of Human Rights after years of litigation in his homeland over Truth of the Lie, which accused them of covering up Madeleine's 'accidental' death in their Praia da Luz holiday apartment in May 2007.

The McCanns reacted to their court defeat by admitting they were 'naturally disappointed' at the decision but insisting they had no regrets about pursuing their long and arduous legal battle.

They said it meant the focus was now 'rightly' on the search for Madeleine and her abductors.

Hours later, Amaral was on Portuguese radio, insisting: 'Today the court referred once again to an important question.

'The couple are suspects, were suspects and remain suspects. Nothing else happened to the contrary.'

Referring to prime suspect Christian Brueckner who Amaral has claimed in the past is a scapegoat, he added in an interview on Radio Renascenca: 'Thousands even millions of euros have been invested in recent years to create a false suspect.'

Amaral's comments came despite the McCanns having their 'arguido' status lifted by the Portuguese authorities in July 2008.

Portugal's Supreme Court said in 2017 in a previous ruling on the Amaral book that did not mean they had been cleared and did not equate to 'proof of innocence.'

But all new lines of inquiry in recent years, both in Portugal and the UK as well as in Germany where Brueckner is serving a seven-year prison sentence for raping an American pensioner, have excluded any responsibility of the parents.

The German was recently made an 'arguido' or suspect in Portugal.

Amaral, removed as head of the initial Policia Judiciaria inquiry which led to the finger being pointed at the McCanns, crowed after learning the latest court decision over his book had gone against the couple: 'This is a victory for Portuguese justice against those who do not want the discovery of the truth of the realisation of justice.

'So many times Portugal is defeated in the ECHR and today it emerged victorious.'

The McCanns won their initial libel case against Amaral but he appealed and Portuguese judges reversed the decision - prompting the McCanns to appeal to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg.

European judges delivered their verdict today and rejected the appeal, giving the McCanns three months to decide whether to appeal again. A source close to the pair told MailOnline they are 'disappointed' and are reviewing their legal options.
CONTINUED
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11231591/Gloating-Portuguese-cop-says-McCanns-suspects-disappearance-Madeleine.html

The really odd thing about Amaral's obsessional vendetta to traduce the innocent parents of a missing child is his equally vehement defence of the convicted rapist and child molester suspect he has chosen to champion.
I've puzzled this, firm in the knowledge there has to be a reason behind that obduracy; maybe all will be revealed as time progresses.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #5690 on: March 13, 2023, 10:02:23 AM »

I think Amaral knows what happened in both cases.  But I doubt that Portugal will pursue this and I can't see any means by which this can be investigated outside of Portugal.

Offline barrier

« Reply #5691 on: March 13, 2023, 10:05:06 AM »
you really need to listen to someone who knows what they are talking about..thats me. i probably know more about the court and ECHR case than anyone else on any forum...including poulton...brown...the P resident......eevry one of them.

first the SC did not rule on whether the book was libellous....and the SC did noy say the mcCanns havent been proved innocece...yhey simply gave their opinion on the balance of rights re article 8 and 10....and they got it wrong and i can tell you why.

this case is all about amaral rights under articla 10 and the McCanns rights under article 8.
If you look at how the ECHR decide one of the major points is the veraciity of the claims ...in this case those made by amaral

The portuguese court made a mistake...even the court of the first instance...they said they were not there to consider the veracity of amarals claims..they would not let Gerry present his arguments re the dogs which would have shown amarals claims were not based on facts.....but on lies...thats contrary to the ECHRs stance...major error by portugal.

the mcCanns have quoted Springer vs Germnay where the ECHR ruked in favour of free speech...peter mac...who must be a bit thick on  the CMOMM site says he cant understand why the Mcs have cited a case where Free speech was ruled more important....i understand...it sbecause the claims were true and proved in court.

so the ECHR will look at the evidence and see whether amaral was right to pronounce the mccanns guilty...the dogs etc...they will look at that and may even give their opinions on them.   the archiving despatch said none of the evidence used to make the mccans guilty was confirmed..its in the files. so amaral is nmaking claims with no evidence to support them.

Based on all this I cannot see any way the ECHR will not find in the McCanns favour

Can Mr Gray explain where it all went wrong.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5692 on: March 13, 2023, 10:09:25 AM »
I don't think there could be a more appropriate example to illustrate the reason the McCanns took legal action to safeguard their investigation and search for Madeleine.

As senior investigating officer Goncalo Amaral presided over a botched case in 2007 and showed his determination to interfere in today's German investigation.

This is surely one driven guy.

Gloating Portuguese cop says the McCanns 'are still suspects' in the disappearance of Madeleine hours after the family lose libel legal battle against his book
  • Kate and Gerry McCann lost latest round of legal battle with Goncalo Amaral
  • Ex-police chief said the couple 'remain suspects' over Maddie's disappearance
  • Pair had sued cop for libel after he published a book suggesting they were involved in the disappearance of daughter Madeleine in 2007
  • Parents won the initial case but ruling was overturned by Portuguese judges in 2017, prompting them to appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
  • European judges today ruled in Amaral's favour, opening door to another appeal
By NATALIA PENZA and NICK PISA FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 16:47, 20 September 2022

The Portuguese ex-police chief who probed the disappearance of Madeleine McCann said her parents are 'still suspects' as he gloated over his court win today.

Goncalo Amaral laid into Gerry and Kate in a radio interview in his native country after learning they had lost the latest round of their libel battle against his 2008 book.

The couple had taken him to the European Court of Human Rights after years of litigation in his homeland over Truth of the Lie, which accused them of covering up Madeleine's 'accidental' death in their Praia da Luz holiday apartment in May 2007.

The McCanns reacted to their court defeat by admitting they were 'naturally disappointed' at the decision but insisting they had no regrets about pursuing their long and arduous legal battle.

They said it meant the focus was now 'rightly' on the search for Madeleine and her abductors.

Hours later, Amaral was on Portuguese radio, insisting: 'Today the court referred once again to an important question.

'The couple are suspects, were suspects and remain suspects. Nothing else happened to the contrary.'

Referring to prime suspect Christian Brueckner who Amaral has claimed in the past is a scapegoat, he added in an interview on Radio Renascenca: 'Thousands even millions of euros have been invested in recent years to create a false suspect.'

Amaral's comments came despite the McCanns having their 'arguido' status lifted by the Portuguese authorities in July 2008.

Portugal's Supreme Court said in 2017 in a previous ruling on the Amaral book that did not mean they had been cleared and did not equate to 'proof of innocence.'

But all new lines of inquiry in recent years, both in Portugal and the UK as well as in Germany where Brueckner is serving a seven-year prison sentence for raping an American pensioner, have excluded any responsibility of the parents.

The German was recently made an 'arguido' or suspect in Portugal.

Amaral, removed as head of the initial Policia Judiciaria inquiry which led to the finger being pointed at the McCanns, crowed after learning the latest court decision over his book had gone against the couple: 'This is a victory for Portuguese justice against those who do not want the discovery of the truth of the realisation of justice.

'So many times Portugal is defeated in the ECHR and today it emerged victorious.'

The McCanns won their initial libel case against Amaral but he appealed and Portuguese judges reversed the decision - prompting the McCanns to appeal to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg.

European judges delivered their verdict today and rejected the appeal, giving the McCanns three months to decide whether to appeal again. A source close to the pair told MailOnline they are 'disappointed' and are reviewing their legal options.
CONTINUED
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11231591/Gloating-Portuguese-cop-says-McCanns-suspects-disappearance-Madeleine.html

The really odd thing about Amaral's obsessional vendetta to traduce the innocent parents of a missing child is his equally vehement defence of the convicted rapist and child molester suspect he has chosen to champion.
I've puzzled this, firm in the knowledge there has to be a reason behind that obduracy; maybe all will be revealed as time progresses.

Has it ever occurred to you that the McCanns might not actually be the innocent parents of an abducted child? Have you ever considered that possibility at all?  Me personally, I can't see any way that they can be entirely ruled out as potential suspects. I made a thread titled 'The evidence Madeleine was taken in a criminal act by a stranger' where I invited forum members to suggest what possible evidence of abduction there could be. It didn't gain much traction. Maybe have a think about why that is. You might just find the answer you seek. If you're objective about the matter.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5693 on: March 13, 2023, 10:10:38 AM »
I think Amaral knows what happened in both cases.  But I doubt that Portugal will pursue this and I can't see any means by which this can be investigated outside of Portugal.

So do I.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5694 on: March 13, 2023, 10:32:51 AM »
Who is Goncalo Amaral?

I'm not sure whether the Royal tip-off was forwarded to the PJ or not. It was certainly leaked to the UK press on 1st October 2007.
https://themaddiecasefiles.com/charles-gets-a-tip-off-daily-express-01-10-07-t15192.html#p210687

Not surprisingly, Portuguese newspaper Diário de Notícias asked Amaral to comment and he did.

None of that has anything to do with the Libel trial, of course.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5695 on: March 13, 2023, 10:41:27 AM »
Has it ever occurred to you that the McCanns might not actually be the innocent parents of an abducted child? Have you ever considered that possibility at all?  Me personally, I can't see any way that they can be entirely ruled out as potential suspects. I made a thread titled 'The evidence Madeleine was taken in a criminal act by a stranger' where I invited forum members to suggest what possible evidence of abduction there could be. It didn't gain much traction. Maybe have a think about why that is. You might just find the answer you seek. If you're objective about the matter.

Those who rely on the tabloid press to form their opinions should maybe look at the actual evidence rather than sensationlist headines.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5696 on: March 13, 2023, 11:06:05 AM »
Those who rely on the tabloid press to form their opinions should maybe look at the actual evidence rather than sensationlist headines.
Can you actually get any more patronizing?  We've all seen the same actual evidence that you've seen, and funnily enough so have the three police forces investigating a stranger abduction.  In fact the police have actually got a far more complete picture of the evidence than you or I, so perhaps you should think about that, eh?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5697 on: March 13, 2023, 11:12:37 AM »
Can Mr Gray explain where it all went wrong.
Very easy..alerts to cadaver were treated as priven facts. If cadaver was present in 5a amaral had every right ti make his comments

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5698 on: March 13, 2023, 11:27:07 AM »
Can you actually get any more patronizing?  We've all seen the same actual evidence that you've seen, and funnily enough so have the three police forces investigating a stranger abduction. In fact the police have actually got a far more complete picture of the evidence than you or I, so perhaps you should think about that, eh?

Waaaaaah, appeal to authority.

....And tell me, how are the three expert investigative forces doing? Are they having much luck in proving Madeleine was taken in a criminal act by a stranger?  No?  Oh, how extraordinary. When one considers the sheer weight of abduction evidence they posses.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5699 on: March 13, 2023, 11:31:14 AM »
Very easy..alerts to cadaver were treated as priven facts. If cadaver was present in 5a amaral had every right ti make his comments

Amaral had the same right to speculate on the crime as the McCanns did, so long as he based his theory upon the contents of the investigation files.
Result = happy posting.