Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530776 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #5880 on: March 19, 2023, 08:29:37 AM »
Do you think that Amaral enjoyed being sued in Portugal by the McCanns so much that he would be eager to submit to the same treatment in the UK?
Why not?  If for a penny in for a pound, lots of them potentially.  He didn’t know when he published his book that he was going to be sued did he?  So why no British publication from the start?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5881 on: March 19, 2023, 08:43:40 AM »
Why not?  If for a penny in for a pound, lots of them potentially.  He didn’t know when he published his book that he was going to be sued did he?  So why no British publication from the start?

Mário Serra Lopes, from the editor Guerra e Paz, explains that, despite the interest that the case generated in the United Kingdom, no English editor has bought the rights over the work about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann yet.

“The English editors are afraid”, says the editor, who asserts that he has contacted several British editors, who “despite being interested in publishing, fear the McCanns’ influence and the consequences that it may have after the publication”.
https://themaddiecasefiles.com/english-lawyers-refuse-to-defend-gon-alo-amaral-so-t24374.html#p321894
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5882 on: March 19, 2023, 08:46:09 AM »

It has been mooted that Britain should ditch The ECHR.  And from what I have seen this sounds like a good idea.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5883 on: March 19, 2023, 09:02:55 AM »
Mário Serra Lopes, from the editor Guerra e Paz, explains that, despite the interest that the case generated in the United Kingdom, no English editor has bought the rights over the work about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann yet.

“The English editors are afraid”, says the editor, who asserts that he has contacted several British editors, who “despite being interested in publishing, fear the McCanns’ influence and the consequences that it may have after the publication”.
https://themaddiecasefiles.com/english-lawyers-refuse-to-defend-gon-alo-amaral-so-t24374.html#p321894
And yet with hindsight it appears everyone in Amaral’s camp knew the law was on his side all along, funny that!  As I suggested earlier, no British publisher would touch such a libellous piece of crap with a bargepole and for very good reason.  They wouldn’t have stood a chance in an English court.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 09:06:51 AM by Venturi Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #5884 on: March 19, 2023, 09:07:52 AM »
It has been mooted that Britain should ditch The ECHR.  And from what I have seen this sounds like a good idea.

I think not, but fortunately for you, you live in France which will not leave the ECHR, so you needn't worry about that particular  UK government stupidity.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5885 on: March 19, 2023, 09:14:03 AM »

What’s very interesting about your link that it was Amaral threatening to sue the McCanns and bandying about accusations of defamation  before the McCanns commenced their legal action against him!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5886 on: March 19, 2023, 09:30:56 AM »

Frightened of being sued because teh book is clearly libellous. As for not being able to find a lawyer to sue...total BS...but you are will ing to beleive anything taht suits you. As longas  lawyer is paid..he'll act

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5887 on: March 19, 2023, 09:40:24 AM »
I think not, but fortunately for you, you live in France which will not leave the ECHR, so you needn't worry about that particular  UK government stupidity.

France pleases itself.  France hasn't signed The Protocol.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5888 on: March 19, 2023, 10:19:33 AM »
France pleases itself.  France hasn't signed The Protocol.

Which protocol?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5889 on: March 19, 2023, 10:21:01 AM »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5890 on: March 19, 2023, 10:31:26 AM »
Google it.

I did. Were you referring to Protocol 15?

The new time-limit will enter into force on 1 February 2022. Protocol No. 15 to the Convention entered into force on 1 August 2021, as all the States Parties have now signed and ratified it.
https://www.echr.coe.int/Pages/home.aspx?p=basictexts&c#:~:text=The%20new%20time%2Dlimit%20will,now%20signed%20and%20ratified%20it.

Result = happy posting.

Offline barrier

« Reply #5891 on: March 19, 2023, 10:38:05 AM »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5892 on: March 19, 2023, 01:40:22 PM »
it is not proven the alerts were to cadaver
the dogs never solved 200 caes
eddie never found a body under conctete in Jersey
the dogs never had a 100% record
None of tyhe evidence used to make the mccanns arguidos was ever confirmed. when being made arguidos it was a legal requirement the mccanns were informed of any evidence against them.
The McCanns are no longer susopects in the investigation and due to the SOl can neevr be investigate or charged
SY have no jurisdiction to investigate or question the mccanns as suspects in the case

CB is the onlt suspect.
Wolters claims the evidence aginst him is so strong that the german investigation is 100 % certain he murdered Maddie

Amaral and the PJ completely mmisunderstood the dog and forensic evidence

Theres  afew FACTS for you....you need to wake up

Remember to get back to us when the three expert investigative forces prove abduction. It shouldn't be much longer now.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5893 on: March 19, 2023, 03:13:23 PM »
it is not proven the alerts were to cadaver
the dogs never solved 200 caes
eddie never found a body under conctete in Jersey
the dogs never had a 100% record
None of tyhe evidence used to make the mccanns arguidos was ever confirmed. when being made arguidos it was a legal requirement the mccanns were informed of any evidence against them.
The McCanns are no longer susopects in the investigation and due to the SOl can neevr be investigate or charged
SY have no jurisdiction to investigate or question the mccanns as suspects in the case

CB is the onlt suspect.
Wolters claims the evidence aginst him is so strong that the german investigation is 100 % certain he murdered Maddie

Amaral and the PJ completely mmisunderstood the dog and forensic evidence

Theres  afew FACTS for you....you need to wake up

Your opinions aren't the same as mine, no matter how many times you repeat them.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5894 on: March 19, 2023, 03:15:53 PM »
Your opinions aren't the same as mine, no matter how many times you repeat them.
That was a list of facts, not opinions.