Author Topic: Please don't start threads which are obviously false  (Read 4046 times)

Online Admin

Please don't start threads which are obviously false
« on: April 14, 2013, 10:11:19 PM »
We have noted that some threads are being started which contain falsehoods and allegations which are at best confused and at worst malicious.  An example of this was the thread relating to the cook at the tapas bar who insisted that the alert was made at 9.30pm.

We know that there was no disturbance around the resort up until 10pm so one can only speculate as to why someone would attempt to state otherwise.  Please keep to the facts in the McCann case and avoid the rumours if possible.

Admin  ?>)()<

Offline faithlilly

Re: Please don't start threads which are obviously false
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 10:22:56 PM »
We have noted that some threads are being started which contain falsehoods and allegations which are at best confused and at worst malicious.  An example of this was the thread relating to the cook at the tapas bar who insisted that the alert was made at 9.30pm.

We know that there was no disturbance around the resort up until 10pm so one can only speculate as to why someone would attempt to state otherwise.  Please keep to the facts in the McCann case and avoid the rumours if possible.

Admin  ?>)()<

Surely if there's a statement in the files that claims this then it is relevant to the case and warrants further discussion ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Online Admin

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 10:29:01 PM »

Admin  ?>)()<

Surely if there's a statement in the files that claims this then it is relevant to the case and warrants further discussion ?

Not when it is so obviously untrue.

C.Edwards

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 11:01:28 PM »
Quote from: Admin

Not when it is so obviously untrue.

Hang on, how can you arbitrarily decide which statements are "untrue"? There are several statements in the files that put the alert at at an earlier time, so what allows you to dismiss them so peremptorily?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 11:06:04 PM »
And they say we set ourselves up as judge and jury !!
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

C.Edwards

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 11:15:27 PM »
There does seem to be a real agenda among the mods/admins on here to pin the time to 10pm! It may well be so, but I don't understand the the insistence.

C.Edwards

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 12:28:40 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but the thread in question which was removed cited a TV interview as its source and not the files did it not?  An interview with a chef in which she flatly contradicts her own statement?

Yes, you're right. But if you look at what admin wrote, that's not what was being picked out.  The point being made was "don't start threads if they're obviously false" and the third post contains:

"Surely if there's a statement in the files that claims this then it is relevant to the case and warrants further discussion ?" and the reply is "Not when it is so obviously untrue."

That's a long way from what you've picked up on!

Offline sadie

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 12:39:57 AM »
I am sick of all the falsehoods that are being put out on here C. Edwards ?8)@)-)

And no, I am not going to qualify that.

They stand out like a sore thumb tbh .... anyone who reads a decent number of posts will soon recognise them

C.Edwards

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 12:50:33 AM »
I am sick of all the falsehoods that are being put out on here C. Edwards ?8)@)-)

And no, I am not going to qualify that.

They stand out like a sore thumb tbh .... anyone who reads a decent number of posts will soon recognise them

With respect Sadie, all me and faithlilly, among others, have pointed out is that it seems somewhat presumptious of anyone that cannot know for certain to actually take the step of declaring something unproven as false.

You are quite happy to put forward your own theories and there's absolutely no problem with that, but they are only theories, not facts.

Offline sadie

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 12:58:40 AM »
Of course they are theories and not facts, but they fit perfectly

Dont they?

When are you going to suggest any scenarios that fit?

ferryman

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 12:19:21 PM »
If we're talking about the statement of Jeronimo Salcedus, then that was from a rogatory interview, not a television programme, and I started that thread.

I make no apology for doing so.