Author Topic: Does Scotland Yard believe Madeleine may still be alive?  (Read 12966 times)

Offline Admin

Does Scotland Yard believe Madeleine may still be alive?
« on: May 03, 2013, 10:30:59 AM »
Does Scotland Yard believe Madeleine may still be alive?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:08:58 AM by Admin »

icabodcrane

Re: Does Scotland Yard believe Madeleine may still be alive?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 07:37:12 PM »
The most recent authoritative information we have is from Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell  ( formerly in charge of the case ) 

He said,  with regard to Madeleine being still alive :

"it is a possibility ...  it cannot be excluded"

Not quite the same thing as thinking she is alive,  as you suggested
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:03:20 AM by Admin »

Offline Mo Stache

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 07:42:29 PM »
The most recent authoritative information we have is from Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell  ( formerly in charge of the case ) 

Did they say she was dead?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:45:18 AM by Admin »

icabodcrane

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 07:50:20 PM »
Did they say she was dead?

Hamish Campbell said that Madeleine being alive is a 'possibility' that cannot be excluded

He did not say that Scotland Yard think she is alive
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:46:00 AM by Admin »

Offline Mo Stache

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 07:53:08 PM »
I'll ask you again.

Did Hamish Campbell say she (Madeleine McCann) is dead?

icabodcrane

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 07:59:58 PM »
I'll ask you again.

No,  he didn't say that Scotland Yard think she is dead  (  I never suggested he  did )

You,  however,  said  Scotland Yard appear to think she is alive  ...  that is not correct

You might, more properly, have said,  Scotland Yard  appear to think Madeleine  may  still be alive

Offline gilet

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 08:02:27 PM »

Oh, I gedit.  Angelo, along with a few others, think that The McCanns should sell their Mansion and offer the money as a Reward.  Where else is the money going to come from?
Sad to say that The Mansion is mortgaged up to the hilt, and The McCanns have to live somewhere.  And No, there is no logical reason for why they should live on a sink estate in Liverpool.
Not only that, but that they should be searching in Portugal; digging up others backyards and knocking on doors, handing out posters and travelling to Spain and nearby countries to do the same. Sounds to me, all they really want is for the McCann's to leave the UK and be arrested for unlawful searches elsewhere.   

Why do you insist on posting such total tosh, are you threatened by the suggestion that the McCann clan should get out to Portugal and look for their child??

It isn't a case of searching property or digging up anything but that comment in itself is very revealing.  Is she dead?

She could be dead however Scotland Yard appear to think she is alive.

The most recent authorative information we have is from Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell  ( formerly in charge of the case ) 

It is always very revealing when people seem unable to bring themselves to admit that this is a child who very well may be alive because there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever which proves otherwise.

I find it quite sickening that people prefer to presume death rather than hope for life. But that is just my opinion.

Redblossom

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 08:03:46 PM »
SY have said they are putting as many resources into investigating both theories, alive or  dead and said there is a possibility she is alive, how could they not, without proof, but have never said she  is probably alive, there is no probably here unfortunately

I have yet to come across any case of  stolen 3 yr old by strangers though benevolent people  out of their house let alone returned years later
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:09:46 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Mo Stache

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 08:05:10 PM »
I'll ask you again.

No,  he didn't say that Scotland Yard think she is dead  (  I never suggested he  did )

You,  however,  said  Scotland Yard appear to think she is alive  ...  that is not correct

You might, more properly, have said,  Scotland Yard  appear to think Madeleine  may  still be alive
Fair enough, include the 'may' in my statement. In my opinion all the work done by SC indicates to me they are looking for a living missing child. The mentions of victims being found alive years later in press statements is an example. 

Offline sadie

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 08:06:08 PM »
SY have said they are putting as many resources into investigating both theories, alive or  dead

And so they should.

But that is NOT saying that they think she is dead.  In fact they seem to believe she is alive

Redblossom

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 08:15:12 PM »
SY have said they are putting as many resources into investigating both theories, alive or  dead

And so they should.

But that is NOT saying that they think she is dead.  In fact they seem to believe she is alive

Never said they did, do keep up, just saying its POSSIBLE, not saying much actually in reality

icabodcrane

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 08:27:50 PM »
I'll ask you again.

Fair enough, include the 'may' in my statement. In my opinion all the work done by SC indicates to me they are looking for a living missing child. The mentions of victims being found alive years later in press statements is an example.

'Looking for'  Madeleine  ( alive or otherwise )  is not the Yard's remit

Hamish Campbell immediately follows his statement that the possibility of Madeleine still being alive cannot be excluded, with the proviso :  "But the key is to investigate the case and, alive or dead, we should be able to try and discern what happened" 

They are not looking for a live Madeleine,  they are trying to discern what happened to her 

Offline Carana

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 08:31:55 PM »

Gerry McCann was warned that emphasizing Madeleine's coloboma could put her life at risk  ...  he even acknowledged himself that they knew there was a risk, and that the abductor  "might do something to her eye " 

Warned by whom? Even the PJ website points out distinguishing features - how else are you supposed to recognise someone? All any abductor had to do was to dye her hair and get her to wear sunglasses. Problem solved.

Offline Mo Stache

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 08:32:29 PM »
I'll ask you again.

Hamish Campbell immediately follows his statement that the possibility of Madeleine still being alive cannot be excluded, with the proviso :  "But the key is to investigate the case and, alive or dead, we should be able to try and discern what happened" 

They are not looking for a live Madeleine,  they are trying to discern what happened to her
"He reiterated a claim that Madeleine could still be alive. He said: ‘You only have to look at the case in Cleveland, Ohio, and the European cases. Of course there is a possibility she is alive." - Hamish Campbell

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 08:35:09 PM »
I'll ask you again.

@)(++(* @)(++(*

OMG, do you actually read what you cut and paste, icabodcrane?

"But the key is to investigate the case and, alive or dead, we should be able to try and discern what happened" 
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/