Author Topic: Former Ocean Club employee killed in tractor accident in 2009 is the latest suspect.  (Read 50980 times)

AnneGuedes

I feel so sorry for the wife. She loses her husband, and then years later her husband is accused in the world press of murder. On what grounds? Because he had previously worked for ocean club, and because his phone was in PDL at the time. This makes the witchcraft executions of past times seems logical in comparision.
Absolutely, it is Middle Age in the third millennium.
And, John, this lady is Portuguese, whereas the one who worked at the OC is Capeverdian.

AnneGuedes

Is tractorman's surname Monterio or Monteiro ?
Different papers are spelling it different ways !
Monteiro

Cariad

There's been reports that Mr Monteiro was a heroin addict. I had read in one of the reports that he had previously been an addict and that is where is theft conviction came from, but he was pardoned in '96.

If he was an addict in 2007, how likely was it that he could have gained employment and held it down for any length of time? 

I thought that Heroin addiction was pretty debilitating. My knowledge comes from popular culture though. Maybe someone with some actual knowledge could comment?

Offline Apostate

10 years from now we'll still be hearing about various undesirables who at some time lived near Luz and are therefore suspects.

Offline Luz

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/exclusivo-cm/maddie-judiciaria-investiga-pista-de-suspeito-morto

That's it I'm afraid. Details to follow...

Immigrant Euclide Monterio emigrated from his native Cape Verde
and was resident in the village of Portelas near Lagos with
his Portuguese wife and children.

Euclides was 5 years old when his family came to Portugal, after Cabo Verde became independent, as many african families that considered themselves portuguese.

He grew up in Portugal as a portuguese citizen.
In his youth he experimented drugs, yes.
He committed several small thefts for which he was sentenced to be deported to his native country. In 1996, the Portuguese President, Jorge Sampaio, decided to forgive him, and rightly so since he was a product of the portuguese culture and way of life. After 1998 he became a portuguese citizen.

Since then he became a working man, he married and had kids.
He was dismissed from the Ocean Club as several others were , because there was a decrease in the number of guests and not because he had committed any crime.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:01:00 PM by John »

Offline John

Is this the attempt to blame the disappearance on someone who can never answer back ?

Beast snatched Maddie in revenge for five euro theft.

MADELEINE McCann may have been kid-napped in a grudge attack over just five euros.
By Jerry Lawton

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/348633/Beast-snatched-Maddie-in-revenge-for-five-euro-theft

Thank you for posting that Stephen.  I don't know about the rest of you but I find Jerry Lawton and the Daily Star to be beyond contempt.  This so-called 'suspect' is being condemned on the basis of a very minor theft.  Referring to him as a BEAST is despicable.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

Thank you for posting that Stephen.  I don't know about the rest of you but I find Jerry Lawton and the Daily Star to be beyond contempt.  This so-called 'suspect' is being condemned on the basis of a very minor theft.  Referring to him as a BEAST is despicable.

Bit like the Algarve is awash with paedophiles nonsense that got spread about.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1187435/Madeleine-McCann-hunters-claim-Algarve-awash-paedophiles.html
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:19:50 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Luz

As usual the British press is very prolific with bashing adjectives towards portuguese people.

It's disgusting, especially from Lawton that knows what is behind all this media crazyness, to authorize an article under his name to use such slander.

Euclides was not even a person of interest. It was SY that in their desperation are naming my cat and his neighbour in order to justify the millions they have spent.

It is shameful.

Offline Wonderfulspam

The Star has been seriously taking the piss particularly over the last month, some of the front page headlines they've ran with (Maddy found in Dublin etc.)  are designed purely to sell copy.

Desmond wants his money back,  with interest.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Luz

Desmond wants his money back,  with interest.

He has every right. But in that case name the ones that took the money from them and not innocent persons.

Offline John

Has there been a photograph released anywhere of the late Mr.Monteiro ?
Reason for asking is that I recall seeing a photo on a forum once of the McCann family at the OC and somebody commented on "the black guy watching them". There was indeed a black man in the background seemingly observing them.
And before any member asks me for a cite or source I can not provide one, maybe Red or another member here has a screenshot of the photo.

The black chap was a tourist iirc.

In any event Euclides Monteiro worked at the Millennium Restaurant before being sacked over the  €5 note and had no reason to visit Ocean Club Garden where the McCanns stayed.  Had he done so on the day Madeleine disappeared he would have been identified immediately by staff.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline imustpointout

If it is true that his mobile showed activity in PDL that day - then the time of that activity will be known.

Offline imustpointout

That's a very valid point John, surely he would have been recognized by former colleagues and his name would have appeared in their statements.

yes if he actually wandered round OC grounds.

Offline Luz

If it is true that his mobile showed activity in PDL that day - then the time of that activity will be known.

There were dozens of people close to 5A on the 3rd May 2007. I know a bunch that have apartments there.
Some were questioned, others didn't because they left in the weekend.
If everyone that was close to that blasted apartment was a suspect, there would be almost 200....maybe that's where the SY took their 195 suspects!

But the PJ made door to door inquiries, and had almost everyone documented.

If Euclides was close to that place he had every right. He could have been visiting a friend....

Offline imustpointout

There were dozens of people close to 5A on the 3rd May 2007. I know a bunch that have apartments there.
Some were questioned, others didn't because they left in the weekend.
If everyone that was close to that blasted apartment was a suspect, there would be almost 200....maybe that's where the SY took their 195 suspects!

But the PJ made door to door inquiries, and had almost everyone documented.

If Euclides was close to that place he had every right. He could have been visiting a friend....

I agree there could be a very valid innocent reason for him to be there (if he ever was). His widow may have been able to help regarding that.