Author Topic: Former Ocean Club employee killed in tractor accident in 2009 is the latest suspect.  (Read 50977 times)

Redblossom

The black chap was a tourist iirc.

In any event Euclides Monteiro worked at the Millennium Restaurant before being sacked over the  €5 note and had no reason to visit Ocean Club Garden where the McCanns stayed.  Had he done so on the day Madeleine disappeared he would have been identified immediately by staff.

Thats right,he was a tourist, stayed at the Ocean club, a british lawyer of asian origin, R Balu, he can be seen the following day in various pictures too in the searches with Murat, GNR officers,and other holiday makers around PDL, Murat had his mobile number on his phone....British police interviewed him,he was not any person of interest
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:36:47 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Luz

"Portuguese police declined to comment on the Correio da Manha report today.

It was written by three journalists including a senior reporter who gave evidence recently at the ongoing libel trial the McCanns have brought against Goncalo Amaral over a controversial July 2008 book he wrote.

A spokesman for the Policia Judiciaria said: "A secrecy order placed on the reopened case, and our professional secrecy, prevents us from making any comment on Correio da Manha's reports."

It emerged over the weekend police were planning to reinterview several Ocean Club employees."

According to CM TV (the same company that owns the journal) that man was searched by the 6 Faro PJs that are responding to the rogatories from UK. It has nothing to do with the portuguese investigation, which has not even started yet - the investigation team has not been appointed.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!

According to CM TV (the same company that owns the journal) that man was searched by the 6 Faro PJs that are responding to the rogatories from UK. It has nothing to do with the portuguese investigation, which has not even started yet - the investigation team has not been appointed.

According to Morais.

Note: Yesterday, I wrote that all the reports coming out from Correio da Manhã appeared to be part of the rogatory letter that is being carried out by a team from the PJ in Faro considering that there isn't a PJ team constituted yet to resume the investigation since the process was reopened; today it was confirmed that the “dead suspect” lead is being followed by the PJ review team from Porto headed by inspector Helena Monteiro (pictured above). As far as I know, all else that was reported by Correio da Manhã are leads being followed in the scope of the rogatory letter sent by the English police to the Portuguese authorities.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

AnneGuedes

Thank you for posting that Stephen.  I don't know about the rest of you but I find Jerry Lawton and the Daily Star to be beyond contempt.  This so-called 'suspect' is being condemned on the basis of a very minor theft.  Referring to him as a BEAST is despicable.
I don't think Jerry Lawton writes these shameful words, according to what I can snoop when he sits by my side. But of course he knows, though he likely has no time to check the final product. I feel he's a cynic guy.

AnneGuedes

According to Morais.

Note: Yesterday, I wrote that all the reports coming out from Correio da Manhã appeared to be part of the rogatory letter that is being carried out by a team from the PJ in Faro considering that there isn't a PJ team constituted yet to resume the investigation since the process was reopened; today it was confirmed that the “dead suspect” lead is being followed by the PJ review team from Porto headed by inspector Helena Monteiro (pictured above). As far as I know, all else that was reported by Correio da Manhã are leads being followed in the scope of the rogatory letter sent by the English police to the Portuguese authorities.
Joana is a honest person.

Offline imustpointout

Euclides was 5 years old when his family came to Portugal, after Cabo Verde became independent, as many african families that considered themselves portuguese.

He grew up in Portugal as a portuguese citizen.
In his youth he experimented drugs, yes.
He committed several small thefts for which he was sentenced to be deported to his native country. In 1996, the Portuguese President, Jorge Sampaio, decided to forgive him, and rightly so since he was a product of the portuguese culture and way of life. After 1998 he became a portuguese citizen.

Since then he became a working man, he married and had kids.
He was dismissed from the Ocean Club as several others were , because there was a decrease in the number of guests and not because he had committed any crime.

Luz - you have a lot of information about this man - did your family/friends in PDL know him or someone who knew him?

Offline imustpointout

Quote from: imustpointout on Today at 02:25:51 PM
If it is true that his mobile showed activity in PDL that day - then the time of that activity will be known.

Again a valid point regarding whether or not he wandered around the grounds or not.
Also your point regarding the timing of his phone pinging the masts will tell it's own story, as would any other pings on masts after he left PdL.

He worked there in the past and could well have been visiting a colleague/friend.

Offline DCI

Joana is a honest person.

Are you saying Luz, Isn't?

Offline DCI

He worked there in the past and could well have been visiting a colleague/friend.

Did he still own that mobile phone?

Offline imustpointout

Did he still own that mobile phone?

I've no idea.

Offline Luz

Luz - you have a lot of information about this man - did your family/friends in PDL know him or someone who knew him?

Not at all, everything I wrote is common knowledge. I was in Luz and Lagos last Wednesday and tried to know more, but in genral everyone was very "pissed" that his name had been dragged into this mess. Out of respect I will not write anything I learnt from the people that talked with me. 

Offline imustpointout

Not at all, everything I wrote is common knowledge. I was in Luz and Lagos last Wednesday and tried to know more, but in genral everyone was very "pissed" that his name had been dragged into this mess. Out of respect I will not write anything I learnt from the people that talked with me.

thanks for your reply

Offline Apostate

What on earth has this man go to do with Maddie's disappearance? Pure nonsense.

Offline John

This is how the Sun is portraying him...

Maddie suspect a ‘junkie burglar’

THE man suspected of snatching Madeleine McCann was a junkie burglar who broke into apartments at the resort where the child vanished, a friend said last night.

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/5238534/Maddie-suspect-was-drug-addict-who-stole-from-resorts-pal-claims.html

Widow Luisa Monteiro pictured yesterday.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Apostate

why has this rubbish been pinned?