Author Topic: Similarities between the White House Farm murders and the Fort Bragg Murders  (Read 2300 times)

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
In Julie Mugford's statement of 10th September 1985, (sheet 10),  Julie claims that Jeremy was "freaked out" by watching "Fatal Vision" on television.  This is a dramatisation of the book of the same name by Joe Mc Ginniss . The subject of the book and the TV drama is the 1970 massacre of a young, pregnant wife , and her two small children in Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

The husband and father of the victims, Jeffrey MacDonald, an army doctor, was convicted of the murders in 1979, and has been in prison ever since.  Like Jeremy Bamber, he is still protesting his innocence, has appealed his conviction several times, and has a campaign site (which seems to be under renovation at present). Books have been written about the case,and there is a lot of information on the internet and on You Tube. MacDonald is, in many ways, the American Jeremy Bamber.

Do you think there are similarities between the two cases?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_R_MacDonald

www.thejeffreymacdonaldcase.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-jSjtWM9s

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 05:50:38 PM by mrswah »

Offline Caroline

In Julie Mugford's statement of 10th September 1985, (sheet 10),  Julie claims that Jeremy was "freaked out" by watching "Fatal Vision" on television.  This is a dramatisation of the book of the same name by Joe Mc Ginniss . The subject of the book and the TV drama is the 1970 massacre of a young, pregnant wife , and her two small children in Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

The husband and father of the victims, Jeffrey MacDonald, an army doctor, was convicted of the murders in 1979, and has been in prison ever since.  Like Jeremy Bamber, he is still protesting his innocence, has appealed his conviction several times, and has a campaign site (which seems to be under renovation at present). Books have been written about the case,and there is a lot of information on the internet and on You Tube. MacDonald is, in many ways, the American Jeremy Bamber.

Do you think there are similarities between the two cases?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_R_MacDonald

www.thejeffreymacdonaldcase.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-jSjtWM9s

Only in that he was accused of killing his family and continues to plead innocence. There is an interesting part in the film around 7 mins and 20 seconds where he makes a big thing about wanting to see his family, "Where's my kids, where's my family, why aren't they here" Just like Jeremy Jeremy who after finding out his family were dead said ‘I want to see him. Why can’t my dad come out to see me?’

This was a mini series, it would be interesting to find out when the first episode was aired - Bamber taped it.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
Only in that he was accused of killing his family and continues to plead innocence. There is an interesting part in the film around 7 mins and 20 seconds where he makes a big thing about wanting to see his family, "Where's my kids, where's my family, why aren't they here" Just like Jeremy Jeremy who after finding out his family were dead said ‘I want to see him. Why can’t my dad come out to see me?’

This was a mini series, it would be interesting to find out when the first episode was aired - Bamber taped it.

November 18th 1984, according to Wiki, and the second part was shown the following day.

Yes, interesting if Bamber taped it------or was it a re-run?  I don't know.

Offline Venturi Swirl

It was a fantastic book, do Bamber supporters think MacDonald is similarly innocent because he has never owned up to his crimes?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

"MacDonald's fatal flaw was that he thought, as usual; that he was smarter than everyone else and that he could concoct a story that would exonerate him.....but  the facts and evidence had him trapped and he will remain
in prison without an  admission of guilt and sincere verbal contrition for what he has done  ... "
Bob and Pep Stevenson
Christina Masewicz

Initially he must have thought he'd got off with it ... it took them about ten years to eventually put him where he so obviously belongs.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline puglove

It was a fantastic book, do Bamber supporters think MacDonald is similarly innocent because he has never owned up to his crimes?

Guilty as F.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
"MacDonald's fatal flaw was that he thought, as usual; that he was smarter than everyone else and that he could concoct a story that would exonerate him.....but  the facts and evidence had him trapped and he will remain
in prison without an  admission of guilt and sincere verbal contrition for what he has done  ... "
Bob and Pep Stevenson
Christina Masewicz

Initially he must have thought he'd got off with it ... it took them about ten years to eventually put him where he so obviously belongs.

He got off with it for a long time, because , at first, his parents in law supported him to the hilt. Then, (as in the Bamber case), they began to suspect him, and pestered Law Enforcement until they took notice, and brought him to trial (in much the same way as Ann Eaton and others pestered the Essex police).

MacDonald could get parole if he would confess his guilt, but he refuses to. He says he would rather stay in prison for the rest of his life, than confess to murders he hadn't done.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator

I don't know how familiar people in this country  are with the MacDonald case, as it happened in America. In turn, I don't know how familiar people in America are with the WHF case-------but I have heard that, across the pond, MacDonald is the lifer  who "won't go away", as Bamber is over here!

Offline Caroline

I don't know how familiar people in this country  are with the MacDonald case, as it happened in America. In turn, I don't know how familiar people in America are with the WHF case-------but I have heard that, across the pond, MacDonald is the lifer  who "won't go away", as Bamber is over here!

You see Mrs W - they do exist.  8((()*/

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
You see Mrs W - they do exist.  8((()*/

Who do?  Lifers who wont go away?

Offline Caroline

Who do?  Lifers who wont go away?

Yes, you asked if there were any others not long back. I don't think there is a definitive list and I don't follow ever killers case. So this guy would be one for that list and he has kept it up longer than Bamber.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
Yes, you asked if there were any others not long back. I don't think there is a definitive list and I don't follow ever killers case. So this guy would be one for that list and he has kept it up longer than Bamber.

Ah, I see! I'd forgotten I had asked! Thank you.

Offline Venturi Swirl

What he needs is Holly in his corner, I’m sure she’ll get him out soon enough.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

@)(++(*
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator

Oh, he already has a number of people in his corner, I believe, and some of them have been there for years.