Author Topic: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views  (Read 212308 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views
« Reply #1095 on: February 20, 2021, 12:19:09 AM »
held to absolutely no professional standard or accountability.

obv no idea exactly what the show contains but if i were one of 5 who about to have my name dragged through the mud again id be looking to get ready to bring a libel case

Definitely - similar goes for Jodi’s loved ones

Maybe the Jones family will take channel 5, firecracker films, Stephen Bennett and all others involved to the cleaners
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 12:25:50 AM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1096 on: February 20, 2021, 12:29:18 AM »
I noticed Sandra Lean has called one of her supporters a ‘legend’ for seemingly abusing conservative MSP Liam Kerr on twitter

*&^^&
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 12:31:31 AM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1097 on: February 20, 2021, 12:37:30 AM »
I’d like to know on what grounds the acting governor at HMP Shotts - William Stuart - has allowed Luke Mitchell to take part in the documentary

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1098 on: February 20, 2021, 01:18:54 AM »
Accused 'fine' as body was found  - 9th December 2004

‘The Jodi Jones murder trial has heard that her boyfriend Luke Mitchell had remained calm when her body was found near Easthouses.
The High Court in Edinburgh has been hearing Jodi's sister Janine describe the night her body was discovered.

The proceedings were taking place in a specially built court room where a replica was built of a wall close to where the teenager's body was found.

Mr Mitchell, 16, denies murdering 14-year-old Jodi.

Ms Jones, 19, said that late on the night of 30 June, 2003, she, her grandmother Alice Walker and her fiancé Steven Kelly had gone looking for Jodi.

She told the court they had received distraught phone calls from her mother saying Jodi had not returned home.

The group had gone to the Roan's Dyke country path, on the outskirts of Dalkeith, Midlothian, where they met Mr Mitchell, who had his dog with him.

They all walked back down the path and when Mr Mitchell was asked if he had seen anything, he said he had not and he seemed "his usual self".

When they arrived at a V-shaped opening in the wall Mr Mitchell went over.

Ms Jones said: "We heard Luke shouting there was something there or he had found something."

She said she and Mr Kelly ran back and saw Mr Mitchell standing on the other side.

"I think he said something along the lines of he didn't know what was there," said Ms Jones.

Prosecuting advocate depute Alan Turnbull QC asked how he looked and Ms Jones said: "He was fine."

"Did he seem different from normal in any way?" Mr Turnbull asked and Ms Jones replied "no".

Mr Kelly went over the wall and Ms Jones said that when he returned: "He seemed shocked. He said he didn't know what it was."

She told the court: "I was very agitated and anxious to know what was there."

Asked about her grandmother she said: "She was getting very agitated. She wanted to go over and check for herself."

Mrs Walker was helped over the wall to where Mr Mitchell was standing and Mr Kelly was "very agitated and shocked."

Ms Jones said: "He was just mumbling. Said he didn't know what it was or whether it was Jodi or what."

Ms Jones said that after her grandmother disappeared from view she heard her scream.

"I myself then started screaming," she told the court, saying she became upset because she thought Jodi was there.

Ms Jones said that by now her grandmother was "a mess."

She told the court: "She was really agitated, shaking, saying she didn't know if it was Jodi."

She told the court Mr Mitchell was still on the other side of the wall.

"He was fine," she said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4082427.stm

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1099 on: February 20, 2021, 07:58:13 PM »
I’d like to know on what grounds the acting governor at HMP Shotts - William Stuart - has allowed Luke Mitchell to take part in the documentary

’Police Scotland reject 'miscarriage of justice' claims over Jodi Jones murder’

POLICE Scotland say they are "satisfied" they caught the right man in connection with the 2003 muder of Jodi Jones

https://t.co/I3CVrjGabH?amp=1

It seems clear Police Scotland view Mitchell’s campaign as yet another example of innocence fraud

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 08:00:41 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1100 on: February 23, 2021, 03:32:37 PM »
Sandra Lean
My goal is to help share stories of people who have suffered injustice and in so doing, to alert an unsuspecting public that the same could happen to any one of them.
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/dr-sandra-lean-4b499a43

Claiming killer innocent part of search for truth - The Scotsman - May 2007

‘With piles of legal papers, transcripts, notes and scribbled questions in her arms, she sat down to look into convicted killer Luke Mitchell's face - and was troubled by what saw.

"I thought: 'Oh, he's just a bairn, he's just a laddie'," she recalls. "He looked so much younger, people have forgotten how young. But he is a strong lad with a brilliant sense of humour. One who still believes this is just one huge cock-up, that it's just a matter of time before it gets sorted out.

"He believes they will get to the truth and that will be it. It'll be sorted - and he will be out."

The notion that the now 18-year-old Luke Mitchell - convicted of brutally slaying girlfriend Jodi Jones in a vicious attack which shocked Scotland - could be released following an appeal hearing at the end of the summer might well send a tremor through the tightly-knit communities around Dalkeith. Areas like Easthouses, Newbattle and Mayfield were plunged into deep shock four years ago when the 14-year-old's mutilated body was found beside a woodland path.

But the idea that he may be helped on his way to freedom by a local mother of two teenage girls who, fearful for her own children's safety set out in an attempt to prove his guilt only to discover that he may, after all, be innocent, has enraged some.

For Sandra, a 43-year-old psychology and sociology graduate whose home is just a five-minute drive from the wooded lane where Jodi met her death, has been one of the very few to suggest the unthinkable: that Luke Mitchell just might be innocent.

It's a suggestion that has certainly sparked high emotions. "Yes, there has been a bit of intimidation since I started this," nods Sandra, reflecting on four years spent trying to fathom out who really has Jodi Jones' blood on their hands. "I've been followed around, intimidated. It's not been very pleasant, and you'd have to be stupid not to feel uncomfortable about that. But as a mother, I'd rather know they have the right person behind bars."

In her hands, she holds the book she has finally just seen published. No Smoke: The Shocking Truth About British Justice highlights seven high-profile criminal convictions - including Mitchell's - each of them she firmly believes to be a gross miscarriage of justice. It includes cases like that of Sion Jenkins - the stepfather of Billie-Jo Jenkins who has finally been cleared of her murder - and Gordon Park, whose wife Carol Ann Park's body was found in the Lake District 30 years after she went missing.

But it is Mitchell's conviction and the court case that held Scotland gripped by the details of his oddball existence, drugs, two-timing and alleged obsession with the occult - that may incur the displeasure of her local community.

"The public opinion was so much against Luke Mitchell and the Mitchell family that to start speaking in support and start questioning things has been risky," admits Sandra.

"I was in a shop recently, talking to someone I know when another woman came in. The person I was speaking to mentioned that I'd been looking at the Luke Mitchell case, and this other woman - you know the kind, knuckles scrapping on the floor - turned and growled something like: 'Well, you'd just better watch yourself'."

There have been other, even more worrying incidents which Sandra prefers not to discuss publicly. Yet she is so driven to lift the lid on what she sees as fundamental flaws in the justice system which have sent Mitchell to jail for 20 years, that she's prepared to take the flak: "I'll just not shop in that shop for a while," she shrugs.

While the police still insist the case is closed, her personal conclusion is that Jodi's killer could not have been the then 14-year-old Mitchell and that the legal case around the St David's High School pupil was based on circumstantial evidence, and the investigation botched.

But to establish the facts of the case it meant carrying out her own investigation of the case - interviewing key people, tracing and timing the route Mitchell was alleged to have taken and scanning hundreds of pages of evidence, statements and transcripts.

She even walked, then ran the path, crawled through rough land beyond the wall where Jodi died and attempted to figure out how Mitchell could have committed the crime in the time it was suggested, only to find it wasn't possible. She did it not to upset Jodi's family, but to ensure the police had the right man.

"I can't imagine what Jodi's family have been through. And for them to have to face the possibility that it wasn't Luke who did this - how betrayed will they feel? How devastating for them.

"But my girls used a path to walk to Newbattle High School - not the path where Jodi died, but one not unlike it. I wanted to know that they were safe," she explains. "The more I looked, the more pieces didn't fit."

There are several areas which set her alarms bells ringing: the lack of DNA evidence and the question mark over eyewitness sightings of Mitchell near the scene; the fact Jodi's body had been left, uncovered on a rainy night before forensic officers arrived and the presence of two young men on a moped near the scene who were both quickly eliminated from the enquiry.

Soon Mitchell was being portrayed as an oddball who played with knives, smoked dope to excess and penned essays praising Satan - quickly emerging as the chief suspect. "It was as if someone had decided it was Luke that did it, and that was it," claims Sandra.

The root of the issue, she argues, is a justice system which encourages collusion between the Crown Prosecution Service and the police - a system aimed at gluing together evidence with a prosecution case but which some believe prompts investigators and lawyers to establish the story of the incident and then make the facts fit.

"I wrote this because I was so bloody angry," she explains. "We were all trotting along thinking things were one way when they are not. I wanted to raise awareness and get change. I want people to get as mad as a box of frogs too, to say they don't want innocent people locked up and I want to be sure that we are safe.

"Don't give us this bull that we have locked up someone and that's it. I want to know that the person they have is the right person so when I go to the shop for a bottle of wine or a loaf of bread he isn't going jump out at me.

"Everyone says you are safe, he is off the streets. But in so many cases I've looked at the person that did it is still free and it could be anyone, it could be the person across the street or over the fence. It might be your or your friends' kids who are in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Her inquiries took her to Mitchell's mother, Corinne, and eventually to Polmont Young Offenders Institute, where the teenager remains behind bars.

She had already met Luke before his conviction, but seeing him locked up brought home to her once more the enormity of his case. "He is just a laddie sitting there. He absolutely, categorically says he did not do it and I have never seen anything in him to suggest he did. Not a smidgeon of doubt that he is innocent.

"He is your normal, antsy, in-your-face teenager. Did he do it? I believe there were a couple of other people with more ability and opportunity, with more evidence pointing in that direction than in Luke's.

"To me, it's clear they have the wrong guy."

• No Smoke: The Shocking Truth About British Justice, by Sandra Lean

https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-culture/claiming-killer-innocent-part-search-truth-2453025
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 03:37:57 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Amanda3266

« Reply #1101 on: February 26, 2021, 01:12:21 PM »

From what I can gather they didn't give permission and there's some confusion about how he managed to speak to the documentary makers.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1102 on: February 26, 2021, 01:13:46 PM »
From what I can gather they didn't give permission and there's some confusion about how he managed to speak to the documentary makers.

Thanks Amanda3266 that’s interesting

Can you go into more details on this?

jixy

« Reply #1103 on: February 26, 2021, 01:47:30 PM »

has anyone said he spoke directly with the documentary makers?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1104 on: February 27, 2021, 06:56:04 PM »
There is an abusive tone creeping into the thread with some language breaching forum rules.  Please desist or risk deletions.  Thank you
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #1105 on: February 27, 2021, 06:57:47 PM »
There is an abusive tone creeping into the thread with some language breaching forum rules.  Please desist or risk deletions.  Thank you

You just beat me to it Brietta. I have removed the personal attacks, thanx again.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #1106 on: February 27, 2021, 06:59:47 PM »

He would phone them.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #1107 on: February 27, 2021, 07:04:05 PM »
A reminder to members old and new to abide by the forum rules and above all to keep posts constructive and amiable.  Please also do not use members real names in responses where those members choose to use a pseudonym as this is seen as goading.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 07:06:52 PM by John »

jixy

« Reply #1108 on: February 27, 2021, 07:08:39 PM »
He would phone them.

The prison would not let him do that. There is nothing to say he spoke directly to them. People shouldn't make assumptions about anything

jixy

« Reply #1109 on: February 27, 2021, 07:10:00 PM »
A reminder to members old and new to abide by the forum rules and above all to keep posts constructive and amiable.  Please also do not use members real names in responses where those members choose to use a pseudonym as this is seen as goading.

Can I just check that warning also goes to people posting photos and making an assumption of it being an innocent person not connected to anyone to do with Luke Mitchell's case?