Author Topic: Why not report the abduction at the Tapas Bar rather than Main Reception?  (Read 50805 times)

Offline John

These sort of abductions are normally well planned in advance.  It was the same with Rene, Ben and Madeleine, they were there one minute and then gone completely without a trace.

Madeleine's abduction was meticulously planned.  They chose the perfect time.  Late in the evening when the streets were mostly empty, when the tapas-9 group had let their guard down, when the children were alone and when the GNR were undermanned and least likely to attend promptly. When the PJ were off duty and holding up the nearest bar.  For all we know the call to Odiáxere was a carefully orchestrated hoax which would have taken the only patrol out that night well away from Luz.

For heavens sake, the abductor walked straight past Jane and she never batted an eyelid.

For me the Smiths sighting is a non event, a coincidence.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 01:03:34 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Benice

These sort of abductions are normally well planned in advance.  It was the same with Rene, Ben and Madeleine, they were there one minute and then gone completely without a trace.

Madeleine's abduction was meticulously planned.  They chose the perfect time.  Late in the evening when the streets were mostly empty, when the tapas-9 group had let their guard down, when the children were alone and when the GNR were undermanned and least likely to attend promptly. When the PJ were off duty and holding up the nearest bar.  For all we know the call to Odiáxere was a carefully orchestrated hoax which would have taken the only patrol out that night well away from Luz.

For heavens sake, the abductor walked straight past Jane and she never batted an eyelid.

For me the Smiths sighting is a non event, a coincidence.

Another reason why I think it was pre-planned is because they chose the night before the last night of the holiday knowing that people do change their routines on the last night because of packing or having to get an early night because of an early flight the next day.   

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline John

Another reason why I think it was pre-planned is because they chose the night before the last night of the holiday knowing that people do change their routines on the last night because of packing or having to get an early night because of an early flight the next day.   

An excellent point Benice.  Undoubtedly, they knew they had to go for it on the Thursday night, after that they were stuffed!

Yes, a couple of minutes to get to reception, another 5 minutes or so to impart his concerns to the receptionist and discuss the possible search in hand and then another few minutes to return to the apartment.  Then its off to the Millennium Restaurant, a Km away, followed by another trek to a beach in the dark before returning to the apartment.  Still no police on the scene so its back down to the reception again and by this time the resort manager had arrived and at last they telephone the police.  A whole 40 minutes wasted!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 02:00:18 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

AnneGuedes

the call to Odiáxere was a carefully orchestrated hoax which would have taken the only patrol out that night well away from Luz.

Do you know for what reason the patrol was sent to  Odiáxere ?

AnneGuedes

having to get an early night because of an early flight the next day.   
Their flight was late afternoon on Saturday.

Offline John

Do you know for what reason the patrol was sent to  Odiáxere ?

Was supposed to have been a robbery.

AnneGuedes

Was supposed to have been a robbery.
Are you sure ? I never read this. So you think it was a hoax ? Hum... a bit conspirational, don't you think ? Was Madeleine a future Flora MacDonald ?

Offline Chinagirl

There was still another day and a night left of the holiday - flight out was Saturday.
A

Offline John

Are you sure ? I never read this. So you think it was a hoax ? Hum... a bit conspirational, don't you think ? Was Madeleine a future Flora MacDonald ?

It was the easiest thing in the world to create a diversion well away from Praia da Luz. The last thing any abductor wanted was a police patrol sniffing around the town.

AnneGuedes

It was the easiest thing in the world to create a diversion well away from Praia da Luz. The last thing any abductor wanted was a police patrol sniffing around the town.
It wasn't difficult as well to have a car (personal, rented or stolen). Wouldn't any abductor  want to be able to be far away as soon as possible ?

Offline Benice

Their flight was late afternoon on Saturday.

But would the abductors know that?
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline sadie

Three possibilities>

1) It was not a planned abduction, but the pointers are all there, so seems it was

2) At least one of the the abductors worked at OC.  The reception staff, the Tapas restaurant staff and the cleaning staff would all know when they we leaving ... along with countless others who had access to the information via their job at the OC

3)  Somebody had read it in the Tapas restaurant book which apparently was left lying around.

Also, of course they might have chatted with someone who chatted with them to particularly glean the info ... once again likely to be from OC or maybe from, or visiting, Baptista Supermarket.

They didn't do much else, except the icecream shop on the beach, I expect.

To me, number 2)  seems most likely, with number 3) a possibility too.