Author Topic: British police commence ground searches and digs in Praia da Luz.  (Read 39526 times)

stephen25000

Re: British police commence ground searches and digs in Praia da Luz.
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 03:09:22 PM »
Spaniels are relatively small, and intelligent.  But I've got a very clever Pug if they want to borrow it.

No need.

The other spaniels did their jobbthe first time. 8((()*/

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 03:10:45 PM »
It now appears that the UK police doing the searching from South Wales, who took part in the April Jones case, are using SPANIELS in their searches.

Oh the irony.
In what way is that ironic?  Let us not forget that poor April was abducted and murdered, and her body never found. 

stephen25000

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 03:12:45 PM »
In what way is that ironic?  Let us not forget that poor April was abducted and murdered, and her body never found.

I wasn't referring to that.

I was referring to Mr. Grime.

Do keep up.

icabodcrane

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 03:13:11 PM »

The irony,  I believe,  is the apparent confidence the police have in the dogs that Gerry McCann described as  'incredibly unreliable' 

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2014, 03:38:26 PM »
A cordoned off area to be checked.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2014, 03:40:01 PM »
A cordoned off area to be checked.

So this is the sort of sun-baked, hard ground we think could be dug with bare hands, deep enough to hide a child's body is it?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2014, 03:44:44 PM »
So this is the sort of sun-baked, hard ground we think could be dug with bare hands, deep enough to hide a child's body is it?

If I was desperate to hide a kids body, I reckon I'd give it a go.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2014, 03:48:23 PM »
You'd probably start with an existing hole, or at least a depression in the ground.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2014, 03:49:00 PM »

I've had a look at the photographs of the area to which Heriberto supplied a link. 
My immediate thought was that the allegations which have been made are sheer nonsense when one thinks how dark this area must be in the night.
IMO it would be physically impossible for a stranger to locate, navigate, successfully bury a child's body then return to base without breaking sweat.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2014, 03:49:29 PM »
You'd probably start with an existing hole, or at least a depression in the ground.
Which you'd just happen upon in the dark I guess...

Offline jassi

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2014, 03:51:54 PM »
I've had a look at the photographs of the area to which Heriberto supplied a link. 
My immediate thought was that the allegations which have been made are sheer nonsense when one thinks how dark this area must be in the night.
IMO it would be physically impossible for a stranger to locate, navigate, successfully bury a child's body then return to base without breaking sweat.

You are assuming that this burial took place immediately following Madeleine's disappearance.  This may not have been the case.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2014, 04:01:05 PM »

Of course not but maybe you can provide me with a photo of that same area in May 2007 to see if there was anything on top of that ground? Maybe a big pile of rubble was once there. Don't judge it on how it looks now.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:06:30 PM by Mr Moderator »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2014, 04:02:48 PM »
If it was a planned abduction by someone on foot the perpetrator most probably had a site already prepared, all he would have to do is fill it in and cover it.  To reach today's area of activity all Smithman had to do was to go down the steps and turn right but that in itself would have brought him into contact with other patrons from the bars nearby.  The choice of this 5 acre area of scrubland is puzzling?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:07:09 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline patb

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2014, 04:12:39 PM »
Just to clarify your last statement, are your suggesting that the alleged abductor went almost directly from the apartment to the pre-prepared site or that there was a longer time gap between the alleged abduction and the visit to the pre-prepared site? My gut reaction is that either scenarious just dont add up
And just to add to that, is anyone aware of any recorded examples of where a child has been abducted by a stranger, killed and disposed of so close to the original location?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:16:47 PM by patb »

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2014, 04:18:40 PM »
elsewhere     people     have said the  ground  is too hard    for   digging  well the police are now digging!!!