Author Topic: Ocean Club: Are there actually three Receptions ?  (Read 5633 times)

Offline sadie

Ocean Club: Are there actually three Receptions ?
« on: December 09, 2018, 10:11:58 PM »

I have noticed the Tapas Reception being called The Secondary Reception, but are there actually three Receptions?

1)  The main Reception on Rua Direita (On GE street scene see the big tall blue notice  on Rua Direita)

2)  The Reception at Ribeiro Lopes, 160 LGS, R. José Pedro das Lages (where the Millenium Restaurant is situated)

3)  The Reception to the Tapas area, on Rua Dr.F.G.Martins, which is now called Luz Ocean Club ~ Garden Club

Which would be the Secondary Reception area, I wonder?   I am inclined to think that number 2, near the Milenium, would be because like at number 1 on Rua Direita, there is private parking adjoining, even coach parking..

What do others think ?

I think in an ideal situation, and to prevent confusion, it would be best if we all 'sing from the same song sheet'

Offline G-Unit

Re: Ocean Club: Are there actually three Receptions ?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 08:33:58 AM »
The Ocean Club has changed since 2007. The main Reception then was in Rua Direita and it's now closed, as are the adult and indoor swimming pools. Reception is at the Millenium complex and the Tapas Restaurant is now just a snack bar.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 10:49:36 AM »
The Ocean Club has changed since 2007. The main Reception then was in Rua Direita and it's now closed, as are the adult and indoor swimming pools. Reception is at the Millenium complex and the Tapas Restaurant is now just a snack bar.

I wonder how much of that was down to the Maddie disappearance with all the job losses which followed.  Anyone know if the Luz area has ever recovered fully from those events in 2007 and everything that has gone on since?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 11:11:41 AM »
I wonder how much of that was down to the Maddie disappearance with all the job losses which followed.  Anyone know if the Luz area has ever recovered fully from those events in 2007 and everything that has gone on since?

I doubt the "Maddie disappearance" had as much effect on tourism in Luz as did the worldwide economic downturn with which it coincided.
Tourists returned to Luxor.  Tourists returned to Tunisia.  Why would the disappearance of one little girl destroy Luz?

Snip
As Dr Peter Tarlow sagely observed the tourism industry is an integral component of the global economy and there is no doubt that tourism will be affected by the outbreak of global economic volatility.
Tourism is especially vulnerable to economic uncertainty and volatility for a simple reason. Most travel and tourism involves discretionary expense. During tough economic times people conserve their cash to cover the essentials of life, food, shelter and family necessities. However, this does not mean that tourism stops. The trend that we have learned from past crises whether we refer to past economic crises or the global tourism scare resulting from the events of 9/11 is that people continue to travel but they will travel differently from the way they do during times of economic buoyancy. Those tourism and hospitality businesses which will survive and indeed thrive in the months ahead are those which can adapt because there are always winners and losers in any outbreak of economic volatility.
https://www.eturbonews.com/10950/tourism-and-global-economic-crisis-2008
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 11:26:00 AM »

I wonder if Shining in Luz has any thoughts on this.Bilton wasn't too well received in 2017.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 11:36:06 AM »

The mcns actions have ruined so many lives - so many people have suffered including maddie imo

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 11:50:09 AM »
The mcns actions have ruined so many lives - so many people have suffered including maddie imo

agree

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 12:01:46 PM »

The Tourists probably found Val de Lobo.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 12:36:18 PM »

According to the reviews on Trip Advisor it isn't good. The Ocean Club is tired and run down and the village roads are full of potholes. The original owners lived locally and took their responsibilities seriously. They were probably overstaffed, but that helped the local people. The Madeleine effect and the economic downturn the following year drove Mark Warner away and since then it's been more about profit for absentee owners in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 12:41:06 PM »
I doubt the "Maddie disappearance" had as much effect on tourism in Luz as did the worldwide economic downturn with which it coincided.
Tourists returned to Luxor.  Tourists returned to Tunisia.  Why would the disappearance of one little girl destroy Luz?

Snip
As Dr Peter Tarlow sagely observed the tourism industry is an integral component of the global economy and there is no doubt that tourism will be affected by the outbreak of global economic volatility.
Tourism is especially vulnerable to economic uncertainty and volatility for a simple reason. Most travel and tourism involves discretionary expense. During tough economic times people conserve their cash to cover the essentials of life, food, shelter and family necessities. However, this does not mean that tourism stops. The trend that we have learned from past crises whether we refer to past economic crises or the global tourism scare resulting from the events of 9/11 is that people continue to travel but they will travel differently from the way they do during times of economic buoyancy. Those tourism and hospitality businesses which will survive and indeed thrive in the months ahead are those which can adapt because there are always winners and losers in any outbreak of economic volatility.
https://www.eturbonews.com/10950/tourism-and-global-economic-crisis-2008

Could it be that parents with toddlers in tow aren't prepared to risk it, there supposedly being a fat smelly burglar on the prowl who as a sideline likes to do a bit of dabbling in child kidnap and trafficking?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 12:43:14 PM »

What absolute rubbish IMO

Offline Erngath

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 01:41:20 PM »
What absolute rubbish IMO

Indeed it is!
Utter rubbish! IMO
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 01:58:46 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 01:53:14 PM »
I don't think the McCann effect can be dismissed out of hand.

"As far as we were concerned, we were in a safe, family-oriented holiday resort." [madeleine]

As far as I'm concerned PdL was and is a safe family-oriented holiday resort unless and until it is shown to be otherwise.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 02:40:20 PM »
I have noticed the Tapas Reception being called The Secondary Reception, but are there actually three Receptions?

1)  The main Reception on Rua Direita (On GE street scene see the big tall blue notice  on Rua Direita)

2)  The Reception at Ribeiro Lopes, 160 LGS, R. José Pedro das Lages (where the Millenium Restaurant is situated)

3)  The Reception to the Tapas area, on Rua Dr.F.G.Martins, which is now called Luz Ocean Club ~ Garden Club

Which would be the Secondary Reception area, I wonder?   I am inclined to think that number 2, near the Milenium, would be because like at number 1 on Rua Direita, there is private parking adjoining, even coach parking..

What do others think ?

I think in an ideal situation, and to prevent confusion, it would be best if we all 'sing from the same song sheet'

Bumped as a reminder of the thread topic.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 02:40:59 PM »
I don't think the McCann effect can be dismissed out of hand.

"As far as we were concerned, we were in a safe, family-oriented holiday resort." [madeleine]

As far as I'm concerned PdL was and is a safe family-oriented holiday resort unless and until it is shown to be otherwise.

Si are you saying people are, staying away because they believe there was, an abduction