Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 239223 times)

Alfred R Jones

Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« on: August 23, 2015, 03:26:49 PM »
Following discussions with my friends* on the Madeleine McCann forum I thought it would be interesting to continue the discussion here.  Anyone with an ounce of sense knows that pigs will sprout wings and fly before Corbyn gets his hands on the keys of Number 10, but putting that to one side - what do we think of his views, his ability to lead the Labour Party and the country, his beard and dress sense, etc?

* (friends in this instance is used in the same way as Corbyn claimed he used the word to describe the terrorist sympathisers he shared a platform with, ie: a bunch of people whose views I vehemently oppose but it's always good to talk!)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 06:38:37 PM by John »

Offline sika

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 11:28:23 PM »
I think that he is a thoroughly decent man.  If he does manage to win the current leadership battle, I fear that the appointment will be challenged and the election declared null and void.  There's no way the party will line up behind him. 

He would get my vote though.

Offline Passer-by

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 12:42:05 AM »
Oh dear. All I know about him is he went to a fee-paying Grammar school . . . ?!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 07:56:07 AM »
Oh dear. All I know about him is he went to a fee-paying Grammar school . . . ?!

Really?  I didn't know that.  Not that it should matter, but it does, in terms of hypocrisy.

Although why anyone thinks that those who deserted Labour to vote Tory would now want to vote for the hard left does confuse me a bit.
Perhaps it is a plot to scupper Labour for ever.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 08:17:19 AM »
Grammar schools don't tend to be fee paying do they?  The potential hypocrisy is that he is the product of a grammar school education who thinks grammar schools should be abolished.  Mind you, I don't suppose he had much choice where he was sent to school when he was a kid so I'm not holding that against him.

Offline Passer-by

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 07:33:27 PM »
The Grammar school will have been his parents choice:  I know plenty of people who are ex-Grammar and ex-private school who think the respective schools should be abolished because they had a bad time and imagine it would have been ginger-peachy at a comprehensive.

Adams was I think a private school taken over by the Government so back in the day charged top-up fees.

In this day and age it does strike me as an odd thing to have on a list of priorities:  each child should have the best education for that child.

I have to admit I haven been following the Corbyn thing as I bet it doesn't make a jot of difference in the long-term!

Offline Myster

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 10:03:08 PM »
Prime Ministers must, repeat MUST be clean-shaven, otherwise they look like dodgy introverts with something to hide!!!  So Corbyn stands no chance (especially with women voters)... unless he invests in a supply of BIC razors before election time.

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 07:33:14 AM »

Yer, but he's working class, innit.  And Carl Marx had a beard.  He can't be wasting too much Collective Time shaving when he will want to get down and dirty with The Workers at The Labour Exchange.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 08:13:49 AM »
Yer, but he's working class, innit.  And Carl Marx had a beard.  He can't be wasting too much Collective Time shaving when he will want to get down and dirty with The Workers at The Labour Exchange.
Jeremy is NOT working class.  He grew up in a seven bedroom manor house in the Cotswolds fercrissakes!!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 08:29:07 AM »
Jeremy is NOT working class.  He grew up in a seven bedroom manor house in the Cotswolds fercrissakes!!

I know that.  But does everyone else?  He certainly looks working class, more working class than some of the working classes.

PS.  Some of my best friends are working class, in case anyone wondered.

Offline Passer-by

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 03:46:45 PM »
Prime Ministers must, repeat MUST be clean-shaven, otherwise they look like dodgy introverts with something to hide!!!  So Corbyn stands no chance (especially with women voters)... unless he invests in a supply of BIC razors before election time.

Has that blown the gaff for Yvette Cooper as well I wonder, or is there some tittle-tattle about her shaving habits we don't yet know . . . ?

Offline Myster

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 06:41:01 PM »
Has that blown the gaff for Yvette Cooper as well I wonder, or is there some tittle-tattle about her shaving habits we don't yet know . . . ?

Call me shallow or what, but...
I'm not keen on a woman with Balls  8(8-))   or one who's a lover of Dr Dre (c)rap music... yuck, ghastly!  ?8)@)-)

... or, for that matter, a potential PM who speaks with a flat Lanky twang.  %56&

So Jeremy Corbyn complete with Lenin cap, scruffy beard and silver spoon it has to be.  8(8-))

... although definitely more acceptable after an affable granddad makeover with facial and nasal hair nicely trimmed. 8((()*/

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Passer-by

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 02:26:08 AM »
Call me shallow or what, but...
I'm not keen on a woman with Balls  8(8-))   or one who's a lover of Dr Dre (c)rap music... yuck, ghastly!  ?8)@)-)

... or, for that matter, a potential PM who speaks with a flat Lanky twang.  %56&

So Jeremy Corbyn complete with Lenin cap, scruffy beard and silver spoon it has to be.  8(8-))

... although definitely more acceptable after an affable granddad makeover with facial and nasal hair nicely trimmed. 8((()*/

Here-here!  Best description I've heard of Yvette Cooper is that she looks like an angry ostrich.  Personally it's her saccharine patronising faux-sincere voice I find really nauseating.

Andy Burnham forced my local hospital to be built using private money instead of spending some of the gold that was sold off - or even some of the deficit - so now it's a lovely building but the staff are all hassled and stroppy and making serious mistakes because all the money is servicing the private debt, so I'm not keen on him either.

But Corbyn despite being wonderfully characterful and at least sincere in his beliefs, is hardly going to mount a credible Opposition to keep the other lot in check . . .

Easy for Rory Bremner though.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 08:03:09 PM »
Following discussions with my friends* on the Madeleine McCann forum I thought it would be interesting to continue the discussion here.  Anyone with an ounce of sense knows that pigs will sprout wings and fly before Corbyn gets his hands on the keys of Number 10, but putting that to one side - what do we think of his views, his ability to lead the Labour Party and the country, his beard and dress sense, etc?

* (friends in this instance is used in the same way as Corbyn claimed he used the word to describe the terrorist sympathisers he shared a platform with, ie: a bunch of people whose views I vehemently oppose but it's always good to talk!)

@)(++(*

That beard is a real statement but think he should go the whole hog and dye it red!  I think he's saying I'm authentic and no image consultants are getting their hands on me  &%+((£

I wouldn't vote for him as I don't agree with his stance on defence, immigration and renationalising the railways. And I probably wouldn't feel comfortable with him representing UK on the global stage but its good to have some radical alternative to the Tories  &%+((£ 

Most other European countries have a radical left party including France and Germany who are in the G7:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_left_and_far_left_parties_in_Europe

If he wins I think we should have a whip round for a nose and ear hair trimmer  8)-)))

I would go for Liz bet she always wears Blue undies  8(0(*

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 08:12:08 PM »
I'd vote for him if I could.  But it seems that The Labour Party are turning down new members for the first time evah.