Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 239162 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #405 on: July 01, 2016, 08:22:04 PM »
Corbyn anti-Semitism claims were ‘deliberate media misrepresentation’

Published time: 1 Jul, 2016 15:04

Mainstream media attacks on Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn for reportedly comparing Israel to Islamic State and failing to defend a Jewish MP from verbal abuse have been described as ‘deliberate misinterpretations’.

Parts of Britain’s media have been quick to condemn Corbyn for his performance at a news conference on Thursday, where he launched a report into Labour’s handling of anti-Semitism.

The Labour leader was accused of comparing Israel to Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) and for not intervening when a Jewish MP was attacked by a Corbyn supporter for leaking stories to the right-wing press.

According to Shami Chakrabarti, who authored the report and chaired the press conference, both allegations are false.

The barrister described media reports of the conference as “deliberate misrepresentation of the leader’s speech by people who are very, very quick to misunderstand and condemn.”

In a speech welcoming Chakrabarti, the Labour leader said: “Our Jewish friends are no more responsible for the actions of Israel or the Netanyahu government than our Muslim friends are for those of various self-styled Islamic states or organizations.”

Within minutes, the MSM accused Corbyn of comparing the Israeli government to Islamist terror groups.

Politics Home reports sources close to Corbyn deny the leader was referring to IS or any other terrorist organization, insisting he meant Islamic countries like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

The modern term ‘Islamic state’ is attributed to Pakistani theologian Abul A'la Maududi and describes countries whose systems of government incorporate political Islam.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4 on Friday morning, Chakrabarti said the comparison was based on her own report.

“He was making no comparison whatsoever between Israel and ISIS or anybody else. He was making the comparison which I make in my report,” said the former barrister and chief of human rights organization Liberty.

Asked why he didn’t reference those Islamic countries by name, she replied: “My understanding is that he was referring to all of those states and organizations who describe themselves as Muslim or Islamic.

“The point I make in my report, which he’s referencing in a shorter speech, is a comparison not between various states – because my report’s not about foreign policy – but a comparison between the prejudice that minority groups in Britain can face in the light of events that happen elsewhere,” she continued.

Corbyn has also been condemned for his alleged failure to intervene when Momentum member Marc Wadsworth, along with Jewish MP Ruth Smeeth, was accused of leaking stories to the media.

However this too was debunked by Chakrabarti, who told the BBC the Labour leader “backed me up” when she reprimanded the man for his interjection.

“[Corbyn] concurred with me when I admonished the gentleman in question for heckling, not just Ms. Smeeth, but me [also], and for abusing the privilege of asking a question at a national press conference. The leader completely concurred with me and backed me up.

Chakrabarti was then asked about a blog entry written shortly after the incident by Smeeth, in which she said the Labour leader’s office had not been in touch to apologize.

“Well, she wrote that blog as soon as the events happened,” the barrister replied.

“I went to see her that afternoon and I was in the room when she was speaking to someone from the leader’s office.”

The MSM has made much of this incident and its fallout, which includes a formal complaint of anti-Semitism lodged against Corbyn by Jewish Human Rights Watch.

But few outlets have covered the fact that, according to Chakrabarti, Labour has accepted all recommendations to tackle anti-Semitism made by the report with qualification or complaint.

https://www.rt.com/uk/349163-corbyn-[ censored word]emitism-isis-israel/
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline mercury

« Reply #406 on: July 06, 2016, 11:00:10 PM »
Of course they were

Having sat through Chilcots statement today and then seen how various people tried to spin it, Including the Bliar himself,  doing his side step dance, was utterly disgusted

You really just cannot take much at face value off the TV or the papers

What a sad sorry little bunch many of them are

Good thing is you learn who the eagles are and who the snakes are and that cant be bad

Corbyn, Short, Cook, and the other courageous souls, the dead soldiers families all been vndicated
Blair, Straw, Bush, Murdoch, and the rest of the motley shitty crew exposed for what theyre made of
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:10:19 PM by mercury »

Offline mercury

« Reply #407 on: July 07, 2016, 11:56:45 PM »
Good for corbyn, he beat the bullies, and the rabid media,hes still leader

8((()*/

many are frothing at the mouth..good!
Even today, after realising what a s..mbag self important blair was and how he gambled with peoples lives with lies with the iraq war, his pathetic vacuous cronies still support that catastrophic for millions and the whole region decision, fkn numpties and they DID have loyalty to blair as their puppet master thats why they all stabbed corbyn in the back

lets have a good looking charismatic leader who ends up becoming a cult figure and let the world go to hell hey? Majestic

« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 01:23:11 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #408 on: July 08, 2016, 11:43:59 AM »
Many of his proposed policies have public support, so either the UK people are loony lefties or is he more in touch than those who criticise him;

Re-nationlisation of the railways; 60% agree.

75% top rate of tax on incomes over £1 million; 56% agree.

Formation of an international convention on banning nuclear weapons; 64% agree

Control of the levels of private housing rentals; 59% agree.

A mandatory living wage; 60% agree.

Scrapping University tuition fees and reinstating grants; the question hasn't been asked recently but is likely to have public support.

Opposition to the Iraq War; 43% agreed [37% supported it]

Opposition to bombing Syria; 60% agreed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news-14-5/the-jeremy-corbyn-policies-that-most-people-actually-agree-with-10407148.html
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #409 on: July 08, 2016, 04:47:05 PM »
Many of his proposed policies have public support, so either the UK people are loony lefties or is he more in touch than those who criticise him;

Re-nationlisation of the railways; 60% agree.

75% top rate of tax on incomes over £1 million; 56% agree.

Formation of an international convention on banning nuclear weapons; 64% agree

Control of the levels of private housing rentals; 59% agree.

A mandatory living wage; 60% agree.

Scrapping University tuition fees and reinstating grants; the question hasn't been asked recently but is likely to have public support.

Opposition to the Iraq War; 43% agreed [37% supported it]

Opposition to bombing Syria; 60% agreed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news-14-5/the-jeremy-corbyn-policies-that-most-people-actually-agree-with-10407148.html
Great.  Should be a breeze for him to win the next election then.  75% of the Parliamentary Labour Party must be off their rockers too, if they can't see how eminently electable and engaged with the electorate is our Jezza!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #410 on: July 08, 2016, 08:25:53 PM »
Great.  Should be a breeze for him to win the next election then.  75% of the Parliamentary Labour Party must be off their rockers too, if they can't see how eminently electable and engaged with the electorate is our Jezza!

The PLP are spoiled brats who thought refusing to play would get them their own way. Their bluff has been called and now they can't play. At the moment they face some stark choices; challenge Corbyn's leadership and perhaps lose. Stamp off and start a new party and perhaps sink into oblivion. Getting Blair to publicly support them was a bad move with hindsight. For him to oppose Corbyn has turned out to be a good thing; who wants his support?
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #411 on: July 08, 2016, 08:30:47 PM »
The PLP are spoiled brats who thought refusing to play would get them their own way. Their bluff has been called and now they can't play. At the moment they face some stark choices; challenge Corbyn's leadership and perhaps lose. Stamp off and start a new party and perhaps sink into oblivion. Getting Blair to publicly support them was a bad move with hindsight. For him to oppose Corbyn has turned out to be a good thing; who wants his support?
I don't think caring about the future electability of your party is selfish, the selfish idiot is Corbyn who by refusing to go has damned his party to years in the wilderness.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #412 on: July 08, 2016, 09:16:03 PM »
I don't think caring about the future electability of your party is selfish, the selfish idiot is Corbyn who by refusing to go has damned his party to years in the wilderness.

Do try to keep up;

Jeremy Corbyn Attracts 'Huge Surge' In 100,000 New Labour Party Members
Huffington Post UK‎ - 1 day ago
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #413 on: July 08, 2016, 09:18:11 PM »
Do try to keep up;

Jeremy Corbyn Attracts 'Huge Surge' In 100,000 New Labour Party Members
Huffington Post UK‎ - 1 day ago
And your point is?

Offline mercury

« Reply #414 on: July 09, 2016, 12:58:43 AM »
And your point is?
That labour party supports corbyn and you totally wrong, tough shit isnt it deal with it

All the knifing backstabbers have LOST and thank god for that, the piles of shit will be flushed, goodo

8((()*/

Have a lovely evening hating caring politicians and supportng cruel ones

8((()*/

Tara

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #415 on: July 09, 2016, 07:24:58 AM »
And your point is?

People are not joining the Party to support Eagle and the other rebels in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #416 on: July 09, 2016, 08:24:44 AM »
People are not joining the Party to support Eagle and the other rebels in my opinion.
There has been a drive by those opposed to Corbyn to encourage new members to vote him out, approx 50% of new members polled refused to say that they had joined to support him.  But even if 100% supported him, it doesn't mean he will breeze to victory at the next GE.  If Corbyn really was so incredibly popular with the electorate why are the majority of his MPs so keen for him to go?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #417 on: July 09, 2016, 10:08:53 AM »
There has been a drive by those opposed to Corbyn to encourage new members to vote him out, approx 50% of new members polled refused to say that they had joined to support him.  But even if 100% supported him, it doesn't mean he will breeze to victory at the next GE.  If Corbyn really was so incredibly popular with the electorate why are the majority of his MPs so keen for him to go?

The answer lies in the leadership Election. Three candidates acceptable to the PLP were rejected. The PLP still hasn't taken that on board. They are determined to impose their views on the membership. Corbyn listens to the member's views.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #418 on: July 09, 2016, 11:30:58 AM »
The answer lies in the leadership Election. Three candidates acceptable to the PLP were rejected. The PLP still hasn't taken that on board. They are determined to impose their views on the membership. Corbyn listens to the member's views.
All MPs care about is their party getting into power.  If they truly believed Jeremy was capable of leading them to a GE victory he would have their full support.  The fact that they don't have his support is because they know he is a dead duck as far as the electorate is concerned.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #419 on: July 09, 2016, 12:30:06 PM »
All MPs care about is their party getting into power.  If they truly believed Jeremy was capable of leading them to a GE victory he would have their full support.  The fact that they don't have his support is because they know he is a dead duck as far as the electorate is concerned.

You keep repeating your opinions as facts. Not all MP's have that as their sole concern. Some are interested in representing and helping their constituents first and foremost. Good work can be done out of power as well as in power. You are taking the values of some and painting all MP's with the same brush. Valued MP's can make a difference when their party is in opposition too;

http://www.frankfield.com/campaigns/poverty-and-life-changes.aspx
Result = happy posting.