Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 281188 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2016, 10:00:44 PM »
The ones I am referring to are stirring up hatred, and a rather unpleasant attack on the legal system, which they puport to support.

Seems to me most people in England are sick to the back teeth of the EU wasters.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2016, 10:03:07 PM »
Seems to me most people in England are sick to the back teeth of the EU wasters.

Which EU wasters are you referring to Angelo ?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2016, 04:11:34 PM »
Which EU wasters are you referring to Angelo ?

The European Parliament of course.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2016, 06:44:47 PM »
The European Parliament of course.

Including Farage, who has screwed the tax payer for £2,000,000.

stephen25000

« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2016, 09:04:32 AM »

Surveys from YouGov and Which? point to a growing worry that Brexit will leave the UK poorer

The poll by YouGov suggested that a rerun of the referendum vote now would result in a tie.

The British public will not accept a Brexit deal that leaves them worse off financially, a new poll suggests. In a sign that a majority of the public would be unwilling to accept an economically damaging hard Brexit, half of those who voted to leave the EU in June, including 62% of Labour voters and 59% of those in the north, would not be willing to lose any money at all as a consequence of Britain’s withdrawal.

Just one in 10 would be willing to lose more than £100 a month. Pollster Peter Kellner, the former president of YouGov, said the results suggested that Theresa May “could have real difficulty in delivering a Brexit that satisfies those who voted for it”.

He added: “This is the first poll to look specifically at whether leave voters are willing to accept any financial loss as a result of Brexit. The answer is that few are prepared to.”

The poll, conducted by YouGov for Open Britain, the successor organisation to Britain Stronger in Europe, also shows that one in five (22%) of voters do not expect Brexit to have any impact on their finances. Just 5% believe they will be better off, while 28% expect to lose money and 45% do not know – despite Vote Leave’s now infamous pledge that quitting Brussels would boost the public purse by £350m a week.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/10/poll-public-will-not-accept-brexit-worse-off-tim-farron-ukip-lib-dem-yougov

Offline Carana

« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2016, 06:52:26 PM »
Surveys from YouGov and Which? point to a growing worry that Brexit will leave the UK poorer

The poll by YouGov suggested that a rerun of the referendum vote now would result in a tie.

The British public will not accept a Brexit deal that leaves them worse off financially, a new poll suggests. In a sign that a majority of the public would be unwilling to accept an economically damaging hard Brexit, half of those who voted to leave the EU in June, including 62% of Labour voters and 59% of those in the north, would not be willing to lose any money at all as a consequence of Britain’s withdrawal.

Just one in 10 would be willing to lose more than £100 a month. Pollster Peter Kellner, the former president of YouGov, said the results suggested that Theresa May “could have real difficulty in delivering a Brexit that satisfies those who voted for it”.

He added: “This is the first poll to look specifically at whether leave voters are willing to accept any financial loss as a result of Brexit. The answer is that few are prepared to.”

The poll, conducted by YouGov for Open Britain, the successor organisation to Britain Stronger in Europe, also shows that one in five (22%) of voters do not expect Brexit to have any impact on their finances. Just 5% believe they will be better off, while 28% expect to lose money and 45% do not know – despite Vote Leave’s now infamous pledge that quitting Brussels would boost the public purse by £350m a week.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/10/poll-public-will-not-accept-brexit-worse-off-tim-farron-ukip-lib-dem-yougov

I seriously think that people should be required to pass some kind of test to show that they are aware of the issues at stake prior to voting. If people vote with knee-jerk reactions based solely or largely on the tabloid media that sustain their confirmation bias, how on earth can they come to a reasoned decision?

stephen25000

« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2016, 07:16:36 PM »
I seriously think that people should be required to pass some kind of test to show that they are aware of the issues at stake prior to voting. If people vote with knee-jerk reactions based solely or largely on the tabloid media that sustain their confirmation bias, how on earth can they come to a reasoned decision?

I totally agree Carana.

I would expect a fair proportion of those who voted to leave the EU, did so without thinking through the possible consequences of their actions.

stephen25000

« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2017, 07:40:34 PM »
So T. May is going to give us a hard Brexit.

As hard as a bowl of melted butter. 8)--))

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2017, 02:06:55 PM »
So T. May is going to give us a hard Brexit.

As hard as a bowl of melted butter. 8)--))

The harder the better.  The UK won't be dictated to by a bunch of unaccountable bureaucrats in the EU.

International trade in the UK has never been better so the future is rosey. The sooner we kick the EU out of our country for good the better, its only a matter of time before it crumbles anyway.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:09:11 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2017, 02:32:51 PM »
The harder the better.  The UK won't be dictated to by a bunch of unaccountable bureaucrats in the EU.

International trade in the UK has never been better so the future is rosey. The sooner we kick the EU out of our country for good the better, its only a matter of time before it crumbles anyway.

We shall see.

Corbyn wiped the floor with her today at PM's questions, and if she can't nail him...

Alfie

« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2017, 05:53:22 PM »
We shall see.

Corbyn wiped the floor with her today at PM's questions, and if she can't nail him...
Talking of Corbyn, does anyone know whether or not he's for the free movement of people or not, or just a little bit, but only on a Thursday?

stephen25000

« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2017, 07:12:10 PM »
Talking of Corbyn, does anyone know whether or not he's for the free movement of people or not, or just a little bit, but only on a Thursday?

I reckon, like May, he hasn't got a clue.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2017, 05:22:18 PM »

We all know by now that Brexit means Brexit, (or Breakfast).

I've heard lots of different kinds of Brexit being mentioned....Soft Brexit, Hard Brexit, Fast Brexit, Red White & Blue Brexit...

The most recent type of Brexit I've seen postured by Theresa May is a Clean Brexit

I was rather hoping for  Dirty Brexit myself.

Or... Sexy Brexit, perhaps.... alas, Theresa May has no chance of delivering that one, regardless of the price of her shoes.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2017, 05:56:12 PM »

I've heard lots of different kinds of Brexit being mentioned....Soft Brexit, Hard Brexit, Fast Brexit, Red White & Blue Brexit...

The most recent type of Brexit I've seen postured by Theresa May is a Clean Brexit

Or... Sexy Brexit, perhaps.... alas, Theresa May has no chance of delivering that one, regardless of the price of her shoes.

Don't forget the red , white and blue brexit.

T. May is full of hot air , and in a job she is not cut out to do, and that is not because of her gender.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2017, 07:22:41 PM »

I suppose if a soft Brexit were coupled with a blue Brexit it might become a hard Brexit and then graduate to.............................. &%+((£
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey