Author Topic: Could the referendum result be legally challenged?  (Read 22490 times)

stephen25000

Re: Could the referendum result be legally challenged?
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2016, 05:19:09 PM »
Whatever happened to those legal challenges to Brexit?  Have they fallen on stoney ground?   @)(++(*

October John. 8)--))

Offline John

« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2016, 06:18:41 PM »
October John. 8)--))

You don't actually think they could ever achieve anything do you?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:34:15 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2016, 06:27:18 PM »
You don't actually think they could ever achieve anything do you?

I see you haven't been keeping up with the latest, in terms of likely implementation of Brexit.

As to the court cases, merely the first step.

Try looking them up.

Offline John

« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2016, 06:33:24 PM »
I see you haven't been keeping up with the latest, in terms of likely implementation of Brexit.

As to the court cases, merely the first step.

Try looking them up.

I don't need to Stephen, as our Lady PM has already stated, Brexit is a fact and she should know being the most powerful person in the UK.  No Court can turn the tables on Parliament but ....
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:51:30 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

stephen25000

« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2016, 06:34:26 PM »
I don't need to Stephen, as our Lady PM has already stated, Brexit is a fact and she should know being the most powerful person in the UK.

We will, see.

By the way John, when did the electorate elect May ?

Offline John

« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2016, 06:35:31 PM »
We will, see.

By the way John, when did the electorate elect May ?

At the last General Election.

stephen25000

« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2016, 06:38:06 PM »
At the last General Election.

Not as P.M.  8)-)))

Just 199 Tories.

Hardly democratic dear boy. 8**8:/:

As to Brexit, as you will find, it is not set in stone.

You really shouldn't believe everything T.M. says.

Alfie

« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2016, 06:45:01 PM »
I don't need to Stephen, as our Lady PM has already stated, Brexit is a fact and she should know being the most powerful person in the UK.  No Court can turn the tables on Parliament but ....
Your faith in Theresa May to deliver you from the beastly EU really is very touching...

Offline John

« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2016, 09:52:25 PM »
Your faith in Theresa May to deliver you from the beastly EU really is very touching...

The Steel Lady will deliver.

stephen25000

« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2016, 09:54:22 PM »
The Steel Lady will deliver.

A limp sauscisson. *&*%£

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2016, 06:53:28 PM »
I can envisage new laws coming out.. how exactly does that work. The majority of voters made a choice, the governement of the day accepted this, some didn't like it so took their case to court and the judge says.. aye yer right how dare they boogers vote us oot. As a judge I declare The vote is illegal based on a technicality. 

Can we ask who is paying for this ? not legal aid surely...hahahahaha
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline misty

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2016, 12:59:42 PM »
As a result of millions signing the petition:_

“EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum”

Watch the debate: http://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/cb2f33f6-f9fe-463e-a6d5-40eca4b614c0

Read the transcript: https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2016-09-05/debates/1609058000001/EUReferendumRules

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2019, 08:50:52 AM »
How can voters make informed decisions based on misleading information?  It seems to me there was a lot of misleading info from both camps (and the reason I didn't bother voting).  Perhaps the most highlighted example was the claim that if the UK exited the EU £350 million a week could be spent on the NHS.

Following the result/Brexit it seems the UK wants to negotiate access to the 'single market' but with restrictions placed on the 'free movement of people'.  It seems as far as the EU is concerned one is contingent on the other.  As I understand it many people voted leave as they are unhappy about the levels of immigration into the UK.

I'm struggling to think of any other area of life where it would be possible for groups of individuals to provide misleading information in order to persuade others to take a course of action without any consequences.

The following is interesting and explains why political advertising falls outside the Advertising Standards Authority:

https://www.asa.org.uk/News-resources/Media-Centre/2014/Political-advertising.aspx#.V3pz4TWGzIU

It appears freedom of speech takes precedence when it comes to political advertising and yet everyone else has to play by the rules or risk consequences:

https://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Non-compliant-online-advertisers.aspx

I hope this goes to trial and someone is held accountable for the misleading info plastered over the Boris battle bus.  Everyone else, individuals and organisations, have to play by the rules laid down by the Advertising Standards Authority.

http://www.reuters.tv/v/P9ER/2019/05/29/boris-johnson-faces-trial-over-brexit-claims

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/boris-johnson-trial-brexit-court-lying-prosecution-nhs-vote-leave-a8934451.html
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2019, 02:44:57 PM »
I hope this goes to trial and someone is held accountable for the misleading info plastered over the Boris battle bus.  Everyone else, individuals and organisations, have to play by the rules laid down by the Advertising Standards Authority.

http://www.reuters.tv/v/P9ER/2019/05/29/boris-johnson-faces-trial-over-brexit-claims

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/boris-johnson-trial-brexit-court-lying-prosecution-nhs-vote-leave-a8934451.html
Haven’t you heard?  Someone is bringing a private prosecution against Boris Johnson for this very thing!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2019, 08:05:35 PM »
Haven’t you heard?  Someone is bringing a private prosecution against Boris Johnson for this very thing!

Yes, see the links above.  About time imo.  No other individual acting in a professional capacity or organisation is allowed to advertise unsupported claims.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?