Author Topic: New Theory accounting for the death of Jonbenet.  (Read 66948 times)

Offline Robittybob1

New Theory accounting for the death of Jonbenet.
« on: March 12, 2019, 09:58:46 PM »
I have spent a year or so looking into the circumstances around the death of Jonbenet.
Through the thread which has developed over that year I will look at what I feel were discrepancies and the results of my research in order an attempt at resolving these discrepancies

The first discrepancy I found was that having extensively studied familial DNA the DNA profile of Melinda Ramsey did not support that she was John Ramsey's biological daughter. 
The results of her DNA profile indicated that it was possible that her father may have been a close relative of John.

From the photos of Melinda and her deceased sister Elizabeth, because they looked so alike it is possible to question Elizabeth's paternity as well but I have not seen any DNA results confirming or denying this.

The youngest of the three children in the previous marriage was John Andrew and from his profile all the results showed he was consistent with being the biological son of John Ramsey.

[Many posts in this thread have been amended as I get a better understanding of the case, therefore for you to get a full understanding of the "New theory" try reading the thread from the beginning again sometime.
Revising the posts on this thread is what I do regularly, checking that what I have written can be backed with at least one cite.]
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 04:31:57 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

Re: New Theory accounting for the death of Jonbenet.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 10:12:04 PM »
The second inconsistency I noted was that a neighbour saw a person thought to be John Andrew Ramsey at the Ramsey house  around 5:30 PM or so on the evening before the murder took place.

Later the neighbour changes his eyewitness account and says  he "wouldn't be able to pick John Andrew (JAR) out of a crowd".   John Andrew's alibi was quite extensive and the Boulder Police Dept (BPD) accepted his alibi.

What I think is this still implies there was some other man (not JAR) seen at the house that evening.  To me it seems as if the sighting is discounted in total once it is discovered that it could not be JAR.  Surely he didn't mean there was no one there!
When the neighbour says "a crowd" is he implying whoever was  around the Ramsey house was within a group of people?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 04:34:03 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 09:57:56 PM »
Third point I noted was that the cellar door appeared to one of the initial officers to have been "painted shut".  This was obviously a missed reading (misunderstanding) of the situation by the officer and IMO could only have indicated there was someone inside that room applying a "pulling" force to keep the door from opening.
IMO and in my theory at least one of the killers was still in the room when the police had arrived.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 04:36:16 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 10:29:47 PM »
Fourth point:
The ransom note said not to call the police.  What occurred to me was it was possible if the kidnappers had remained at the house they could have simply listened in to the landline phone call to the police at 5:52 AM.   This was evidenced by Patsy suddenly hanging up the call leaving the 911 operator and the kidnappers keeping the phone line active for the next 6 seconds.
So it is very possible the killing of JB occurred after 5:52 AM as per the warning in the ransom note.

Words to the effect, "if you ring the police she will be beheaded ...".
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 04:37:54 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 01:31:35 AM »
The fifth inconsistency:

John Ramsey  says in most interviews he found Jonbenet (JB) at 1:00 PM and thought that she could possibly be still alive so he moved her from the basement.

In a telephone conversation with John Ramsey Stewart Long (Melinda's boyfriend) said that John found JB at 11:00 AM.

I discovered John Ramsey also says it was "late morning" in a live interview with Larry King in a CNN interview.

I believe  John Ramsey found JB in the basement  in the morning and knew full well she was deceased when he lifted her out of the basement at 1:03 PM.
Why would he delay in announcing that JB had been found?
If he knew about the body being in the basement he would not have needed to find it earlier.  Would it not have been best to say nothing?  [This suggests to me John Ramsey did not commit or know about the murder before the phone call.]
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 04:40:34 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 11:14:17 AM »
Can anyone confirm whether the following statement is true or false please?

"The killer said he would call the home and give instructions, John said that there was a call that came in around 10:00 am and the caller did not say anything. Was this the killer making the call?"
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6010.msg219462#msg219462

Was there really a silent call at 10:00 AM?  If there was wouldn't the FBI know who made the call? 
[I have a feeling the phone taps had not been setup by 10:00 AM that morning.]
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 04:42:14 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 11:42:13 AM »
"70 Points Burke Ramsey says prove his innocence"
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/70-points-burke-ramsey-says-prove-his-innocence-?fbclid=IwAR1LDhChucbwBGL-FyOA9IPERUw7FfxLhTClg9VP7FA-JCq0-g_c4LAogyw

One point that I object to is point #7:

7. "After waking up on Dec. 26, Patsy went down two flights of stairs from her room to the main floor, locating near the bottom of the stairs a two-and-a-half-page, handwritten ransom note stating that JonBenet had been kidnapped."

The ransom note does not state that JonBenet had been kidnapped!"

The ransom note was addressed to Mr Ramsey and says they have his daughter. Mr Ramsey actually had two daughters and it does not specify which daughter was being held for ransom. Jonbenet's name is not on the note.

If John Ramsey did not consider for a moment that the kidnappers could have had Melinda - he is showing favouritism amongst his daughters.
Simply that JB was not in her bed didn't actually equate to proof JB had been kidnapped.
She might have been playing in the basement.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 06:07:58 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 11:48:14 AM »
Melinda Ramsey's alibi.
I have read that when Melinda, John Andrew and Stewart Long turned up at the scene they were whisked away in separate cars.
From memory this was around 1:30 PM. So where had she been prior to that?

I was told: ".... she just flew in with JAR. They left early from Atlanta to meet John and Patsy in Minneapolis that morning only they were rerouted when they landed to Denver. Then they got a taxi to Boulder."  [That is the official story.]

There were supposedly 3 of them travelling together, Melinda and her fiance Stewart Long and John Andrew.

So I question:  "They all flew together did they? Were they all on the same flight from Minneapolis?
"How did you figure that out. Did you see flight details to confirm this?"

Then I found an account and the whole account seems strange to me. "Quoted in Paula Woodward book:
"When we got to the house in Boulder, I remember seeing police setting up yellow tape around the yard. Dad and Patsy were outside with friends, and Dad was crying. Patsy looked awful. Dad said, 'JonBenet is with Beth.' That's my sister who was killed in a car crash. My mind played tricks on me. I was already in shock. My first reaction was that JonBenet had not died. It was that Beth was taking care of JonBenet while she was still kidnapped.
We all almost immediately got into cars and went to a family friend's home. When we got there, Patsy couldn't even sit up, so I went to comfort her."
Melinda told Patsy, 'We're going to get her back. It's going to be OK."
And Patsy told Melinda, "No, Melinda, you don't understand. Your Dad found her in the basement. She's dead."
"I remember thinking this would kill them. After my older sister, Beth, was killed in a car wreck, it was just so awful. I didn't think they could take another loss like this. I thought they'll be dead in a year from sheer grief. Patsy already seemed dead inside. Her whole body was pale and grey. She just wasn't there. Dad was sobbing continuously. His way of dealing was to pace and cry."
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 07:36:01 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 05:39:18 PM »
From another interview presented on Webbsleuths also:
"Melinda Ramsey speaking about her step mother, Patsy Ramsey in "JonBenet's Mother, The Tragedy and the Truth by Linda McLean.

"I've never called her mother, because I already have a wonderful mother; I call her Patsy. But I think of her as my "special mom". I first met Patsy when I was 7 or 8 years old, after my parents had been divorced for a couple of years. For some reasons, one of my first impressions was that she seemed so full of energy. As we got to know each other, we grew very close and still are. We are not related by blood but we are related by love.
"Patsy was always so much fun to be around! I vividly remember the family playing Bingo and Charades together. When it was our birthday, she always made a fuss. This was our "special day' and the birthday child was the center of attention. Patsy was always interested in whatever I was doing at school. I remember when I ran for student council in junior high, she helped me make posters and buttons and practice my speech. Patsy always thinks of others. She always puts other people's feelings, wants and needs above her own. It makes her happy to make other people happy. And that's what makes her so special.

I know it's hard to be a step-parent. You are somewhere in the middle - like a "fill-in". But Patsy was always genuinely glad to see us; she treated us like her own children. It meant a lot to me as a child when she introduced me to people as "my daughter, Melinda". She didn't make the distinction of step-child. But she also didn't cross the line and try to become our mother. She didn't discipline us. For my upcoming wedding, she and my mother are working as a team. Patsy helped Mom select the invitations and organize my engagement party. I know I am fortunate to have a family like this
One day as we were driving in the car, Dad asked, "What would you think about having another brother or sister?" It really caught me off-guard and I was shocked; I guess I just never thought about it. But I was really happy and when Burke and Jonbenet were born, it was so exciting! They were both so much fun to be around. Burke liked to play with John Andrew, always looking for him to play matchbook cars, etc. Jonbenet and I liked to paint together or play dress up. Each year we coloured Easter eggs and we had a Christmas tradition of baking cookies together.
Since I grew up in Georgia, I wasn't used to snow. One day in Boulder, there were little patches of snow on the ground and JonBenet went out to "build a snowman". I soon realized it would be almost impossible to do this with the little bit of snow that was left. But JonBenet was determined. "I know we can do it!" And so, of course, we worked and worked until we had a two-foot-high snowman. I'd do anything to make her happy.
One of my strongest memories is how she always ran to greet me. Her pig tails were flying, her hands were outstretched and she screamed, "Be-winda, Be-winda." It is this memory that I cherish the most.
It breaks my heart to see these horrible accusations being made about Dad and Patsy. They are wonderful parents! Patsy helped raise Beth and John Andrew and me. I watched them with Burke and JonBenet. I know! And yet people who don't know them who have never even met them, are saying absolutely horrible things! They have no right to!!
I'm their daughter. I've lived under the same roof as them. I've had the same parents as JonBenet. I have such a hard time understanding why the public refuses to believe me -- why my word just isn't enough.
I'm glad Dad and Patsy are strong people. They have withstood a lot and they can withstand this too. But it isn't fair. It just isn't fair.
(Melinda was crying as the interview ended)"

My comments:
"I'm their daughter. I've lived under the same roof as them. I've had the same parents as JonBenet." Seems a bit of a stretch when obviously they (Melinda and Jonbenet) had different biological mothers and if my source is correct different biological fathers.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 05:45:25 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 06:02:10 PM »
So where were the kids when John Ramsey spoke to them that morning?  What time did he talk to them on the phone?
Linda Arndt (Boulder Police Dept, detective) says the kids rang him that day. Where do you think they were at that time Minneapolis or Denver?
The only time they could have spoken to each other was while they were at the Minneapolis airport, and they had to catch the flight at 10:38 according to the current schedule.
10:38 AM is 9:38 AM Mountain time.  So those phone calls  with the kids had to be before 9:38 Boulder time.
They arrive in Denver 12:03 PM and it takes from what I've heard 1.5 hours from landing in Denver to get by taxi to Boulder.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 06:20:05 PM »
Stewart Long is reported to have said John Ramsey found JB at 11:00 AM. There was this debate as to who's time was this.

The only time Stewart Long (Melinda's fiance) could look at his watch and think it was 11:00 AM was at Minneapolis (10:00 AM) but only if Stewart's watch was still reading Eastern Time.

11:00 AM Eastern Time is when it is still only 9:00 AM Mountain Time.  Are we going to say that  John Ramsey had found Jonbenet dead at 9:00 AM!

That doesn't make much sense. If John didn't know at that time how did Stewart Long ever think JB was found dead at 11:00 AM, for when it was 11:00 AM Mountain Time Stewart Long is supposed to be aboard an aeroplane.

[I haven't had to work with 3 time zones before.]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 02:04:15 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 07:56:26 PM »
It would be possible for Stewart Long to ring the Ramsey house once they arrived in Denver and be told that John had found JB at 11:00 AM.  That potential conversation  would be after 12:03 PM.  But once the kids were in a taxi they would find it hard to make a telephone call unless they had cellphones with them.  But there has been no mention the kids had cellphones.
[ Further in the thread I find that it was John Ramsey who told Stewart and John Andrew about the time he found JB at 11:00 AM.]

[Solution:  I have discovered since making this post that John Ramsey told Steward Long and JAR about finding Jonbenet at 11:00 o'clock once they arrive at the house in Boulder.]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 06:15:38 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 08:20:50 PM »
Did any of the Bolder law enforcement (LE) check the perimeter of the house to determine there were no signs of forced entry? I have heard a door was found later wide open. Were all visitors coming and going all restricted to leaving by the front door only?
The Butler's kitchen door was later found open. That suggests to me the killer left while the police were still there.

she was not postmortem (PM) examined till late that day. She was in rigor at 1:00 PM so there was plenty of time for rigor mortis to set in if death occurred at around 6:00 AM.

The time of death calculations were excluded from the autopsy report.

If the officers say there were no open doors found immediately after 6:00 AM but a door is found open later in the day. To me that is more evidence that someone slipped out of the house at a later time.

If you see a door closed and I see the same door open at a later time. That could be explained by someone leaving the door open at a time after you saw it closed rather than saying you or I were wrong.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 06:16:55 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 08:23:34 PM »
So is that 3 bits of evidence in a sequence?

1. The phone line kept open because someone was listening in.
2. The cellar door held shut when an officer tries to open it, and
3.  Later the Butler's pantry door found ajar.

All 3 together pointing to intruder being there and leaving after the 5:52 AM 911 phone call.

So that clearly doesn't point to Patsy or John doing it.

I see the evidence of that when the officer thought the cellar door was painted shut, but we know it wasn't. How do you account for that bit of evidence?

We know the cellar door wasn't painted shut, so when the LE officer thought the door was painted shut, he was obviously in error.

Found it: From Steve Thomas's book page 20 "Officer Reichenbach tried the door and found resistance".

There was no reason IMO for resistance other than a killer holding the door shut.

full text ""The sergeant found no evidence of forced entry during a walk through the house, then went outside. A light dusting of snow and frost lay atop an earlier crusty snow in spotty patches on the grass. He saw no fresh show impressions, found no open doors or windows, nothing to indicate a break-in, but walking on the driveway and sidewalks left no visible prints. It was frigid, about nine degrees, and Reichenbach returned inside."
"He went down into the sprawling basement and walked through it. At the far end was a white door secured at the top by a block of wood that pivoted on a screw. Reichenbach tried to open the door, stopped when he felt resistance, then returned upstairs. Reichenbach, Officer French, and one of the friends Patsy had called, Fleet White, would all check that white door in the basement during the morning, and White would even open it. They found nothing."

There was more than one officer doing this check. From what I read Officer French thinks it was an exterior door that couldn't be locked like that if someone had gone past there. Reichenbach read it differently. Two officers have two opinions, both wrong for different reasons.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 07:59:00 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 08:57:57 PM »
 Linda Arndt's notes said John told her the kids told him they took the family plane from Atlanta. Yet later JR's former wife, Lucinda provided the LE with an alibi that involved commercial flights. You can't have it both ways.

And you need to understand how the second indictment could be understood "they found that John and Patsy "did render assistance to a person, with intent to hinder, delay and prevent discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction and punishment of such person for the commission of a crime, knowing the person being assisted has committed and was suspected of the crime of murder in the 1st degree and child abuse resulting in death."

What did the Grand Jury think they did to deserve that indictment?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 06:20:54 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation