Author Topic: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 75496 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

I think you have misunderstood what I wrote. It is the character of the r***** (sic) which should be examined. In the McCanns case, the victims (and many of their family/friends) have already been dredged through the court of public opinion.

The McCanns behaviour is judged as they judged others... seems fairy nuff fairy likwid %£&)**# 8**8:/: 8@??)( @)(++(* 8)-))) 8(>(( 8(0(* *&*%£ *&*%£
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:22:58 AM by John »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Alice Purjorick

Does it matter ?

Not really!
It seems to escape alot of people's attention that Sr Amaral is irrelevant to anything that happened in the McCann case before say 22:41 on 3rd May 2007.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline misty

Not really!
It seems to escape alot of people's attention that Sr Amaral is irrelevant to anything that happened in the McCann case before say 22:41 on 3rd May 2007.

The documentary is about Madeleine McCann; therefore he was/is very relevant to the documentary. IMO.

Not really!

Indeed, and I mentioned in a previous post which was swiped, I do hope Netflix delve deep into- the before 22.41 on 3rd May 2007, I also hope they are not afraid to look beyond the  'doctor' status.

And look at ALL witnesses not just the Tapas, who can barley recall anything of any importance- strange when you think of how much of an important occasion it was- child disappearing an all.

Yes Alice...the book burners indeed...

The documentary is about Madeleine McCann; therefore he was/is very relevant to the documentary. IMO.

In my most humble opinion...HE has nothing to do with the disappearance.Or are you suggesting he is in some way involved? 
.Or are you thinking about justice for the parents- Which they seemed to have escaped any retribution at all for their negligent behaviour towards their daughter...

Offline Mr Gray

IMHO It is totally relevant that the policeman who initially led the case and accused the mccanns has a conviction for dishonesty
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:22:01 AM by Slartibartfast »

Offline misty

In my most humble opinion...HE has nothing to do with the disappearance.Or are you suggesting he is in some way involved? 
.Or are you thinking about justice for the parents- Which they seemed to have escaped any retribution at all for their negligent behaviour towards their daughter...

The current situation is that nobody has yet been publicly identified as being involved in Madeleine's disappearance. As such, how would you anticipate Pulse Films making a documentary about it if you wish to exclude the first investigation team who promoted the most popular thesis?

Offline faithlilly

The current situation is that nobody has yet been publicly identified as being involved in Madeleine's disappearance. As such, how would you anticipate Pulse Films making a documentary about it if you wish to exclude the first investigation team who promoted the most popular thesis?

In the same way that Summers and wife wrote a book wthout interviewing the main protagonists, or so we are told.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline John

IMHO it is totally relevant that the policeman who initially led the case and accused the mccanns has a conviction for dishonesty

It certainly brings little credibility to the investigation.  In the UK a police officer facing criminal charges would be suspended immediately but in Portugal they appear to be allowed to continue regardless.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:22:56 AM by Slartibartfast »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Alice Purjorick

It certainly brings little credibility to the investigation.  In the UK a police officer facing criminal charges would be suspended immediately but in Portugal they appear to be allowed to continue regardless.

So why do we think he was given an OBE [Order of the Big Elbow to the unitiated] early doors then?
His boss whanged him because he was a potential liability should the case ever get to court.
Government complaints and conspiracy theories my ass.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2017, 10:18:03 PM »
So why do we think he was given an OBE [Order of the Big Elbow to the unitiated] early doors then?
His boss whanged him because he was a potential liability should the case ever get to court.

Totlly agree

Offline misty

« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2017, 10:22:46 PM »

Spot on, Alice. It's a shame the man himself can't see it.

« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2017, 10:46:06 PM »
Just looking at the thread title... and yeah  Netflix doing a program on Maddies Disappearance... not a program about convicted police officers, that would be another program I suspect. But anything that takes away the parets responsibility is a good thing right?

Swiping ...3....2...1 !

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2017, 10:48:27 PM »
Just looking at the thread title... and yeah  Netflix doing a program on Maddies Disappearance... not a program about convicted police officers, that would be another program I suspect. But anything that takes away the parets responsibility is a good thing right?

Swiping ...3....2...1 !

It was angelo who introduced amaral to the thread

Offline John

« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2017, 01:15:09 AM »

Swiping ...3....2...1 !

I don't see how any documentary maker worth his salt could make a credible TV series about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann without looking at the chief investigator and those involved in the attempt to destroy him.  It would be like a rerun of Red Riding Hood without the big bad wolf.  Madeleine and Amaral are forever intrinsically linked and there is no getting away from it, you cannot have one without the other.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:22:27 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.