Author Topic: Did Gonçalo Amaral misinterpret the evidence?  (Read 88761 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Did Gonçalo Amaral misinterpret the evidence?
« Reply #360 on: October 22, 2018, 12:56:48 PM »
Was Almeida's interim report, which formed the value judgement based on all evidence gathered at that time & subsequently used by Amaral, in the public domain when the book was published?

Not only was Amaral a convicted criminal (perjury) but his second in command was also a convicted criminal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2449861/Madeleine-McCanns-mother-Kate-wants-defend-court-smears.html

Scroll down to near the bottom of the article.  He was convicted of torture

So both the top men had convictions.  Why was so much weight  given to two convicted criminals?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #361 on: October 22, 2018, 01:13:51 PM »
Not only was Amaral a convicted criminal (perjury) but his second in command was also a convicted criminal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2449861/Madeleine-McCanns-mother-Kate-wants-defend-court-smears.html

Scroll down to near the bottom of the article.  He was convicted of torture

So both the top men had convictions.  Why was so much weight  given to two convicted criminals?

Let's not get carried away Sadie. Amaral's single conviction was the result of an unfortunate internal episode where he lied to protect his own men. An admirable quality one might suggest (protecting ones men that is despite the consequences for ones own career).
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Sunny

« Reply #362 on: October 22, 2018, 01:19:03 PM »
I haven't mentioned judges... It's part if the proven facts

Can you show me where it says anywhere the alerts were proven not to be cadaver davel?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #363 on: October 22, 2018, 01:28:23 PM »
Can you show me where it says anywhere the alerts were proven not to be cadaver davel?

In the proven facts...it states.  The dog alerted to cadaver odour

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #364 on: October 22, 2018, 01:45:28 PM »
Let's not get carried away Sadie. Amaral's single conviction was the result of an unfortunate internal episode where he lied to protect his own men. An admirable quality one might suggest (protecting ones men that is despite the consequences for ones own career).

Protecting men who are, accused of torture is not admirable

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #365 on: October 22, 2018, 01:53:06 PM »
In the proven facts...it states.  The dog alerted to cadaver odour

No it doesn't.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #366 on: October 22, 2018, 01:53:57 PM »
No it doesn't.

What does it say then

Offline John

« Reply #367 on: October 22, 2018, 01:54:31 PM »
Protecting men who are, accused of torture is not admirable

Was it better that a child die?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline sadie

« Reply #368 on: October 22, 2018, 02:03:59 PM »
He lied to protect himself and at the expence of Leonor and Joao Cipriano.

In Court.

He should have been locked away, imo, and Tavares Almeira should have been locked away too.

The one tells lies as proven by his perjury conviction and the other tortures as proven by his conviction.

I wonder if Almeira was one of the torturers of Leonor Cipriano and Michael Cook.
Takes a certain sort of person, imo, to torture.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #370 on: October 22, 2018, 05:57:11 PM »
No it doesn't.

1.2. In the appealed acórdão the following facts are considered proven :

6. The dogs Eddie and Keela, from the British police, have detected human blood and cadaver scent in the apartment 5A of the Ocean Club.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #371 on: October 22, 2018, 07:41:05 PM »

6. The dogs Eddie and Keela, from the British police, have detected human blood and cadaver scent in the apartment 5A of the Ocean Club.
I thought proven facts would have to be agreed to by both parties before the trial commences.  Maybe the McCanns accept that there was cadaver odour.

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #372 on: October 22, 2018, 07:51:44 PM »

It would make my life easier if you could provide cites for information quoted. However, I have got it now. It appears in the first judgement dated 27th April 2015, page 9.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6307.0

Now I understand why Gerry McCann wanted to talk about cadaver dogs when he gave his evidence. What I can't work out is who decided what the proven facts were and when they decided what they were. It seems to have happened in a hearing for which we don't have the transcript;

A preliminary hearing (in 5 sessions) occurred, during which was produced the generic preparatory dispatch that declared the plea valid and regular (3)

At the same hearing the undisputed facts were established and the instruction basis was structured, the complaint of the claimants being rejected.
Judgement dated 27th April 2007 page 6
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #373 on: October 22, 2018, 07:58:39 PM »
It would make my life easier if you could provide cites for information quoted. However, I have got it now. It appears in the first judgement dated 27th April 2015, page 9.

Now I understand why Gerry McCann wanted to talk about cadaver dogs when he gave his evidence. What I can't work out is who decided what the proven facts were and when they decided what they were. It seems to have happened in a hearing for which we don't have the transcript;

A preliminary hearing (in 5 sessions) occurred, during which was produced the generic preparatory dispatch that declared the plea valid and regular (3)

At the same hearing the undisputed facts were established and the instruction basis was structured, the complaint of the claimants being rejected.
Judgement dated 27th April 2007 page 6
Good work G-unit.  So we have to admit the McCanns accept there was cadaver odour detected in the apartment.  Why would they ever do that? It would make sense if they knew there had been a cadaver in the apartment at some stage.  That does not mean they accept that that cadaver was Madeleine.

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #374 on: October 22, 2018, 08:02:27 PM »
Good work G-unit.  So we have to admit the McCanns accept there was cadaver odour detected in the apartment.  Why would they ever do that? It would make sense if they knew there had been a cadaver in the apartment at some stage.  That does not mean they accept that that cadaver was Madeleine.

no we dont Rob