Author Topic: Posts must be reported before being removed by a moderator.  (Read 19440 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Posts must be reported before being removed by a moderator.
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2018, 11:03:49 AM »
I too have been experiencing what I see as unnecessary moderating which seems to me to be driven more by opinions of my posts than by forum rules. Mostly I ignore it, but taking time to write a careful post just to see it disappear immediately can get wearing.

Can you see the original if a post is edited rather than deleted?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2018, 11:27:22 AM »
Not only deletions. I got points as well. No explanation as to why, even when I requested an explanation.

In a spirit of openness. moderators should be required to disclose why they delete certain things, so that, if necessary, they can be challenged. If they don't like that then they shouldn't be moderators
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline kizzy

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2018, 12:01:34 PM »
Not only deletions. I got points as well. No explanation as to why, even when I requested an explanation.

In a spirit of openness. moderators should be required to disclose why they delete certain things, so that, if necessary, they can be challenged. If they don't like that then they shouldn't be moderators

Totally agree with that.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2018, 12:09:23 PM »
I too have been experiencing what I see as unnecessary moderating which seems to me to be driven more by opinions of my posts than by forum rules. Mostly I ignore it, but taking time to write a careful post just to see it disappear immediately can get wearing.

agree fully,

Also why are you accused of arguing, when you are just expressing your opinion, that someone doesn't like.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2018, 01:12:55 PM »
There seems to have been a lot of posts deleted recently. In fact a whole thread had many posts deleted and was subsequently locked in the early hours of this morning. I completely understand and agree that the thread should have been stopped, but I think I lost valid posts when it was pruned before being locked.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2018, 08:14:36 AM »

this is still happening i agree  with you