Author Topic: The Defence Will State Their Case  (Read 592797 times)

Offline [...]

Re: The Defence Will State Their Case
« Reply #2865 on: October 31, 2018, 10:33:44 AM »
Anything I can transcribe, I put on here, the importance of having the words of anyone involved in this case, should supersede any media reports... (imo)

I found this tweet, which lead me to the interview

BBC Points West

Verified account

@bbcpointswest

The Dad of Jo Yeates has been speaking to the BBC for the first time since her killer was convicted. LISTEN TO IT HERE http://tinyurl.com/3wwbe4l

6:32 PM - 1 Nov 2011

about 7 years ago ·
The Dad of Jo Yeates has been speaking to the BBC for the first time since her killer was convicted.

David Yeates:

We didn't expect the trial in itself to take the turns that it did, we were warned to a certain extent and some comments made by the barrister prior to the trial, but they really, we didn't really understand the import of what he was saying and so when... Tabak's sexual bits came out and the potential impact, it was quite a shock... erm... A we didn't have any real forewarning about, not, forewarning we can only,something we sh didn't expect..

Another thing was the injuries on Jo, although none of them were individually serious, it indicated er.... and extended and significant struggle that she had with Tabak, and before she was eventually murdered and that was a tremedous shock to us.. er .. so.... (huh) certainly wasn't what we expected at all..em we did no really know what to expect, we didn't expect that.[/b]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

BBC West Interviewer:

A you've probably been through a lot that you didn't expect, over the course of the last year or so, erm... if it's possible can you describe, what its been like for you and your family.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

David Yeates:

It's been.. (exhales).. when initially, weren't over, we're still in shock to a certain extent to what happened.. erm, because it's something..... ur... you can't believe, we've had sort of two liv, two strands to our lives really, erm.. one is a sort of soap opera., so to speak, you know with, the media, the police and all the things to do with Jo's death. And the other one is our normal life. and erm... it's been very very difficult it.. Jo's death has qua, an enormous impact on not just my immediate family, my son and my wife, but also er, for extended family er.. Jo's cousins and uncles, aunts etc....

She was a very........ She was an ordinary girl but she had a very bubbly personality, she'll erm... she was very positive, she had a to die for personality and it had an enormous impact, very very difficult for my family to come to terms with it, she's not... we're not going to see her again...... erm..... It's been very very difficult. and it's continuing really, people talk about the trial, the trial as been closure, it's not closure of anything... it's just the end of the administrative part, in this case Jo's death.... erm... Our lives carry on and we still sort of have to ( clears throat)  deal with the fact that Jo's no longer around... erm...

BBC West Interviewer:

You said two things in this statement that was read out after the trial, the first that this was never really about Justice for Jo.

David Yeates:
No

BBC West Interveiwer: yes, yes, can you explain that.

David Yeates:

Well thee.. The trial, was Crown verses Tabak, it doesn't mention Jo's name in it, erm , I don't believe the justice... the legal system, certainly when it comes to these type of trials, Is too erm.... sort out a justice for a person who's been killed, it really is the process applying,,.. erh... the legal...... I don't know what the right word is..... It's for in this case Tabak, to get his legal desserts.. so to speak according to the law..... erm, that what I meant by that  Jo' ..it..  k..er er... rather than Jo it could have been anybody , it still would have been Crown Verses Tabak .... erm no account is really taken of the impact, on er.. Jo's family etc... in determining the sentence, it;s probably right, but it isn't about justice for Jo..... and the second question

BBC West Interviewer:

Was just about that again, you've already made a lead or two slightly about the sentence.. and the comment that went from the media, picked up straight away, was the comment about capital punishment...

David Yeates:

yes

BBC West Interviewer:

Em... do you still feel that way

David Yeates:

I've felt that way for a long time, it's not.. not, not just , since Jo died, it's been, it's my general view,

BBC West Interviewer:
Right..

David Yeates:

But I therefore, extreme cases of murdering, and killing, capital punishment, is right.... I'm not saying that this comes under that heading, but it would have been... I would have been happier, if that was an option,

BBC West Interviewer:
Yer..

David Yeates:

But it's not

BBC West Interviewer:

Yer.. yer... just..  can I just ask you to describe for me what Jo was like as a person.. as a  daughter..

David Yeates:

Erm........... she filled the.. our house with em... with life when she used to come home, she was on the go, a lot of the time, if she felt depressed, whatever, she'd go to her bedroom, and er... but... it didn't last very long, erm.... she had a lot of friends, and she loved, and she loved life, er, she loved being, doing things out doors, doing things. She was probably, very similar in fact to Tanja Morson, who, I think it was written, she was the instigator of a lot of things, and her group of friends... in the same way as Jo was the instigator,her group, in many cases her group friends.

(Big inhale) Em....... she (clears throat) she did her best, to keep in contact with her, old friends and associates, including old boyfriends, erm.... she seemed to, shall we say, collect friends, as she went through life, they weren't discarded, as she moved, she was a very, she was a very loving daughter and mum, theresa got on very well, incredibily well, they went on holiday together, erm.. they used to enjoy going round the shops together, er, erm... my wife looks like, baking, and she enjoys baking, and making, things.. That was Jo's forte as it, she used to enjoy making things, to er, you know, she liked being different, so to speak, in her, have different clothes, whatever...

But...er.. when it came to the crib.... came to er cri.. christmas, she would quite often make presents for her friends rather than go and buy them, she used to give up her time, you know time for things like that,and also every birthday, she made me, a cake, and that was  her christma, that was her birthday present to me..

BBC West Interviewer:
Em..

David Yeates:

She loved Christmas, that was the best time of the year, erm, she liked just being , er, em, with the four of us because, Chris and her other partner, we were looking forward to it being the six of us, but no sort of outside family,because it's a bit too big, a bigger group

BBC West Interviewer:

Yer

David Yeates: She enjoyed playing cards and games, and being competitive, and er... yer she enjoyed the whole razzamataz to do with Christmas, thats why Christmas, her, being found on Christmas day really was so poignant.

Interesting comments there.... an eye opener.

https://www.facebook.com/pointswest/videos/301224559905161/

https://twitter.com/bbcpointswest/status/131438516302381058

Offline [...]

« Reply #2866 on: October 31, 2018, 10:34:12 AM »
My above post....

A few things stick out.... I do not know which one to start with...

Firstly David Yeates appears to talk around things... Generalising.... she liked baking,... what happened to her being sporty... she was arty..... what happened to her being a landscape architect?

Her injuries were NOT significant!

Another thing was the injuries on Jo, although none of them were individually serious, it indicated er.... and extended and significant struggle that she had with Tabak, and before she was eventually murdered and that was a tremedous shock to us.. er .. so.... (huh) certainly wasn't what we expected at all..

Before she was eventually murdered??

His language I find odd.. There was no signs of a struggle in the Flat... How long was this fight supposed to have been for??

we've had sort of two liv, two strands to our lives really, erm.. one is a sort of soap opera., so to speak, you know with, the media, the police and all the things to do with Jo's death. And the other one is our normal life.

Soap Opera? what is he talking about... This is no soap opera, this IS their lives, their normal lives... it is all apart of the same...

The trial, was Crown verses Tabak, it doesn't mention Jo's name in it, erm , I don't believe the justice... the legal system, certainly when it comes to these type of trials, Is too erm.... sort out a justice for a person who's been killed, it really is the process applying,,.. erh... the legal...... I don't know what the right word is..... It's for in this case Tabak, to get his legal desserts.. so to speak according to the law..... erm, that what I meant by that  Jo' ..it..  k..er er... rather than Jo it could have been anybody , it still would have been Crown Verses Tabak .... erm no account is really taken of the impact, on er.. Jo's family etc... in determining the sentence, it;s probably right, but it isn't about justice for Jo.....

It's not going to mention Jo's name... why would it... It is the crown against the defendant, not what charge the defendant is facing....

I thought the family could read impact statements... Or was that not an option in 2011??

Erm........... she filled the.. our house with em... with life when she used to come home, she was on the go, a lot of the time, if she felt depressed, whatever, she'd go to her bedroom, and er... but... it didn't last very long, erm.... she had a lot of friends, and she loved, and she loved life, er, she loved being, doing things out doors, doing things. She was probably, very similar in fact to Tanja Morson, who, I think it was written, she was the instigator of a lot of things, and her group of friends... in the same way as Jo was the instigator,her group, in many cases her group friends.

Now two interesting points in this part of the interview.....

Joanna Yeates had bouts of depression, David is telling us so....

She would go to her bedroom?? It sounds like he talking of a young child... It is important that Joanna Yeates history is known, the fact that depression was even a part of Joanna Yeates life is important, the police, may have had a different approach, if they were aware of that fact...

Did Joanna Yeates take medication for her depression?? A question that really needs to be known... a question that could shape the way in which her body reacted, to substances etc....  If she took medication should she have been drinking?? Would the medication have any impact on her breathing for instance?? Some anti- depressant medications can cause shortness of breath on there own....

I could never get around the fact that it only took 20 seconds.... It seemed an incredibly short time, but if Joanna Yeates had medication for depression for instance, did the medication play a part in her death??

TanjaMorson!!!.... Tanja Morson again being mentioned... but not in a good light, what did she instigate?? What was it that she instigated??

There was nothing in the media, in relation to Tanja Morson instigating things with her friends... so how does David yeates know this?? Why are the Yeates still in contact with Tanja Morson??

They mention Tanja by name in the programs , when they cannot remember Dr Vincent Tabak's name and refer to hm as he/ him... But have the ability to remember Tanja... a girl they spoke to for a couple for seconds and who was not at the trial....

David is aware of what Tanja did or does with her friends.... Instigating... that cunjors up a miriad of ideas... what possibly did Tanja Morson Instigate??

David talks almost as if he knows Tanja Morson (imo).. Did Joanna Yeates and Tanja Morson know each other?? had they come across each other?? before Joanna Yeates moved into Canygne Road...

I don't know what the right word is..... It's for in this case Tabak, to get his legal desserts.. so to speak according to the law.....

A few times now when i have listened to David Yeates speak I have wondered whether he is English, or whether he spent a great deal of his time growing up in another country...

"Legal Desserts".... That's just desserts...  He has used the term, "walkabouts before" and just something from him gives me the impression that he speaks a different language... Bi-lingual or something like that... It's just the impression he gives me.....

So what do I make of this interview that is dated 1st November 2011

I don't know really... i'd need to look at it again... But again... little pieces of important information are there, which could have been of significance to a trial, it could have been significant as to the outcome of a post mortem...

The post mortem results are given before any toxicology results have been made, as the stomach contents went to Scotland...

No talk of medication, doesn't mean no medication was in her system..... There has been plenty of things omitted from this case....

If tangible pieces of evidence are omitted, that could change the outcome of someones death, and the outcome of a trial, isn't it prudent to question this....

I believe there are many secrets still not known.... many aspects, that could change the course of what happened to Joanna Yeates...

It is a shame we were not furnished with the full facts at the beginning.... And even more of a shame that Tanja Morson has kept her head down.... Because there are many questions I believe that she herself knows the answer to.... (imo)...

Edit......... He doesn't mention Greg Reardon... He even calls Chris "she" referring to her other partner?

Offline [...]

« Reply #2867 on: October 31, 2018, 10:56:32 AM »
David Yeates:

She loved Christmas, that was the best time of the year, erm, she liked just being , er, em, with the four of us because, Chris and her other partner, we were looking forward to it being the six of us, but no sort of outside family,because it's a bit too big, a bigger group

Chris?? What does that mean... I assumed he meant Chris Yeates.... But maybe not.... Did Joanna Yeates have more than one partner??

Was her partner called Chris??
When I have read that again it sounds like she has two partners...... or is that just me??

Edit...

The 6 of us

* Mr Yeates

* Mrs Yeates

* Joanna Yeates

* Greg Reardon ( other partner??)

* Chris??

* Chris Yeates (brother)

So what happened to Alla Ritch and her son??

jixy

« Reply #2868 on: October 31, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »
Anything I can transcribe, I put on here, the importance of having the words of anyone involved in this case, should supersede any media reports... (imo)

I found this tweet, which lead me to the interview

about 7 years ago ·
The Dad of Jo Yeates has been speaking to the BBC for the first time since her killer was convicted.

Interesting comments there.... an eye opener.

https://www.facebook.com/pointswest/videos/301224559905161/

https://twitter.com/bbcpointswest/status/131438516302381058

not sure about the 'interesting comments' or it being an eye opener. There is no rule book on what people should or shouldnt say when their Daughter has been murdered.

It goes no way towards making any points to his innocence either

jixy

« Reply #2869 on: October 31, 2018, 03:26:18 PM »
Chris?? What does that mean... I assumed he meant Chris Yeates.... But maybe not.... Did Joanna Yeates have more than one partner??

When I have read that again it sounds like she has two partners...... or is that just me??

Edit...

The 6 of us

* Mr Yeates

* Mrs Yeates

* Joanna Yeates

* Chris??

* Chris Yeates (brother)

And when you get these answers? what does it prove? nothing. he is still guilty so what is the point you are trying to make?

Offline [...]

« Reply #2870 on: October 31, 2018, 05:23:15 PM »
they weren't discarded, as she moved, she was a very, she was a very loving daughter and mum,

David then says:.. Theresa and her got on incredibly well..... But I question whether he meant that Joanna Yeates was a mum?? It sounds like he means that.....

I have questioned this before... The idea that they believed that she had been abducted and what was left behind, has always had me wondering, what it could be, what it could be that was significant enough for the Yeates to believe that their daughter had been abducted....

So had Joanna Yeates had a child??

Offline [...]

« Reply #2871 on: October 31, 2018, 05:38:32 PM »
David Yeates:

they weren't discarded, as she moved, she was a very, she was a very loving daughter and mum,

If I put these too statements together, to me it makes a little more sense.....

If Joanna Yeates had a child, and the father of the child was called Chris, then Chris and her other partner coming for Christmas makes sense....

Joanna Yeates may no longer be with the father of her child, but she had always stayed friends with her ex- boyfriends.... Making an ex and a new partner being at The Yeates for Christmas, not that unusual....

Are these interviews slowly revealing more about Joanna Yeates and Canygne Road , other than what we have been Officially told....

Offline [...]

« Reply #2872 on: October 31, 2018, 07:15:39 PM »
So who do the six now become?

* Mr Yeates

* Mrs Yeates

* Joanna Yeates

* Greg Reardon

* Chris ( other partner... possible father)

* Child

It is a possibility... with the full facts missing, I just question the possibilities.....

Offline Caroline

« Reply #2873 on: November 01, 2018, 01:06:56 PM »

Edit...

The 6 of us

* Mr Yeates

* Mrs Yeates

* Joanna Yeates

* Chris??

* Chris Yeates (brother)

He's talking about her brother!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #2874 on: November 01, 2018, 01:10:43 PM »

If I put these too statements together, to me it makes a little more sense.....

If Joanna Yeates had a child, and the father of the child was called Chris, then Chris and her other partner coming for Christmas makes sense....

Joanna Yeates may no longer be with the father of her child, but she had always stayed friends with her ex- boyfriends.... Making an ex and a new partner being at The Yeates for Christmas, not that unusual....

Are these interviews slowly revealing more about Joanna Yeates and Canygne Road , other than what we have been Officially told....

Nine? He isn't saying 'and mum' - he said 'and um.

Offline Myster

« Reply #2875 on: November 01, 2018, 05:48:14 PM »
Nine? He isn't saying 'and mum' - he said 'and um.
@)(++(*   These trials are sent to test us!
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #2876 on: November 01, 2018, 07:54:38 PM »
@)(++(*   These trials are sent to test us!

Back to the drawing board  @)(++(*

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #2877 on: November 02, 2018, 12:18:10 PM »
"During his opening speech at the Old Bailey, defence lawyer Mr Bennathan said: "Only one person is on trial here sitting in the dock - Russell Bishop.
"But the law allows a defendant like him to point out facts, ask questions, to the jury that might suggest the possibility that another person exists who may have carried out these awful attacks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-46032500

How many other cases are there where a QC uses their legal privilege when defending their client to accuse another person of being responsible for the crime?

UK cases that is.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 12:31:10 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #2878 on: November 02, 2018, 01:01:14 PM »
How many other cases are there where a QC uses their legal privilege when defending their client to accuse another person of being responsible for the crime?

UK cases that is.

Has Mr Bennathan used his LPP (legal protection privilege) in good faith or is he guilty of misusing it?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 01:03:47 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline [...]

« Reply #2879 on: November 03, 2018, 10:01:07 AM »
How to be a defence lawyer. Tips from barrister William Clegg QC

To my surprise, many defence barristers, started with the defence.  Looking at every from the clients perspective and trying to establish. " what are we saying?" 'What is our client saying'?

My approach was to forget about that and first to see what the other side was saying. And whether they could actually establish what they were alleging. I would pretend for a moment that I was the prosecutor, and work out what they would be doing to try to prove the case and how? Then look at it the other way round, and try and spot the pitfalls in their approach.

I learnt to speed read, scanning a file of papers to identify those passages I needed to revisit. When I reached important witness's. I read their evidence again and again, thinking about it all the time. Often thinking was as important as the reading.

I nearly always visited the scene of a murder, to understand the evidence and to speak more authoritatively in court. There was also the possibility that I would uncover some aspect of the evidence that could be challenged.

Wow..... I love a little video, reveals so much, tells us exactly what we need to know....

Well where do i start!

Clegg.... My God... Scary.... In his own words, he tells us how incompetent he was at defending Dr Vincent Tabak, not only that defending anyone.....

To my surprise... Not just your surprise Bill... but too my surprise, you are happily telling us what you do or don't do for your client...

I would pretend for a moment that I was the prosecutor, and work out what they would be doing to try to prove the case and how? Then look at it the other way round, and try and spot the pitfalls in their approach.

Really..... you are actually telling me that you looked at Dr Vincent Tabak and looked for the pitfalls in this case!!  Come on Bill... tell me where did you look?? How long did you look for ??  What pitfalls of the Prosecutions approach did you see??

* Missing CCTV from Canygne Road that DS Mark Saunders had viewed for instance??

* Establishing your clients movements at the relevant times??

* Seeing if your client was even in the country at the relevant time??

* Asking why the victims family walked on Longwood Lane before it was even established as a second scene of
   crime?

I learnt to speed read, scanning a file of papers to identify those passages I needed to revisit.

I nearly spat my coffee out when you said that..... 'Speed read'.... are you serious!!  The amount of information that you would miss is beyond belief... I have read over and over again reports on this case and yes... I have scanned the reports... then when I revisited them have found valuable information there....

I cannot believe that you admit to speed reading important documents when your clients freedom is on the line.... I cannot believe that YOU even think that it is OK to do this.... how many years have you been a barrister for ??

* Did you speed read the toxicology results and decide that:

* Joanna Yeates must have not eaten the Pizza because her stomach contents were empty?? 

* Did you speed read that the blind was broken??

* Did you speed read that Joanna Yeates body had started to thaw

* Did you speed read that Avon and Somerset Fire Service were used on the scene for 4 days?

* Did you speed read that Kingdon heard someone shout "Help me" mid morning on the 18th December 2010??

* Did you speed read that Joanna Yeates arrived home between 8:30pm and 9:00pm on Friday 17th December
  2010??

* Did you speed read that Dr Vincent Tabak had in fact seen that CJ's car had moved from the road to the drive and
  he wasn't incriminating his landlord?

* Did you speed read that Greg drank from a stale bottle of Cider?? that was purchased on the same evening as the
  Pizza?

Scanning files... wow... and if something in those files obviously doesn't spark your interest you appear to ignore that....

When I reached important witness's. I read their evidence again and again, thinking about it all the time. Often thinking was as important as the reading.

How did you determine which witness's were important??

Here we go...... Important witness's....

* Sobbing girl ( did you miss her??)

* CJ... ( saw people at the gate)

* Peter Stanley ( helped start Greg's car)

* Tanja Morson ( Dr Vincent Tabak's girlfriend)

* Kingdon ( heard screams)

* Mrs Yeates ( banged on car doors, thought daughter had been abducted)

* Mr Yeates... ( who saw piles of washing in the flat)

* Greg Reardon ( who spent 4 hours, searching a tiny flat, before ringing Joanna Yeates parents)

* Rebecca Scott ( who was on the phone at the same time Joanna Yeates , should be in a shop... no CCTV of her on
   a phone in a shop)

* DS Mark Saunders and him viewing CCTV from Canygne Road on the relevant time of the weekend of 17th
   December 2010/ 19th December 2010

* DCI Phil Jones and why he took over the chain of command on the 27th December 2010?

* Dc Karen Thomas, and why she interviewed your client for 6 hours, which is the allotted time for a suspect to be
   interviewed, in Holland, before either being charged or released... ( he wasn't a suspect at that point ,
   apparently!!)

* Geoffrey Hardyman and what he witnessed... Oh yes, nothing he was in bed.... But you used him as a defence
   witness talking about Joanna Yeates cat... which was relevant to Dr Vincent Tabak how??

Lets cut to the chase and i will list witness's......

(1): * Darragh Bewell  (Friend of Joanna Yeates)

(2): * Andrew Mott      (Forensic Officer )

(3): * Lyndsey Lennen (Forensic Specialist)

(4): * DC Mark Luther  (Officer In charge of Case )

(5): * Tanja Nickson   (Wall Analyist)

(6): * Lindsey Farmery ( IT Power Point Expert)

(7): * Dr Delaney  (Pathologist)

(8): * Dr Carey (Pathologist)

(9): * Greg Reardon (Joanna Yeates boyfriend)

(10) * DC Karen Thomas ( Holland Interview)

(11) * Father Henwood (Dog walker who met Joanna Yeates )

(12) * Brotheron (Asummed role of Chaplain)

(13) * DC Geofrey Colvin (Arrested Dr Vincent Tabak)

(14) * Rebecca Scott (Joanna Yeates friend )

(15) * Harry Walker ( neighbour who heard screams )

(16) * Florian Lehman (Neighbour who heard Screams )

(17) * Zoe Lehman (neighbour who heard screams )

(18) * Dr Jennifer Miller ( Examined Joanna Yeates stomach contents )

(19) * DC Richard Barnston ( 200 page  transcript?? Interviewed Dr Vincent Tabak)

(20) * DC Paul Derrick ( asked about Dr Vincent Tabak's first lawyer ).

(21)  * Karl Harrison (Forensic Archeologist)

(22)  * Maria Brown (Held the Party on Canygne Road)

(23) * Peter Brown (Held Party on Canygne Road)

(24) * Nurse Ruth Booth Pearson (examined Dr Vincent Tabak when he was arrested )

(25) * Daniel Birch ( Dog walker who found Joanna Yeates)

(26) * Samuel Huscroft (Friend Joanna Yeates ) (text received from Joanna Yeates )

(27) * Mathew Wood (Chris Yeates Friend... Joanna Yeates (text Received from Joanna Yeates )

(28) * Sarah Maddox (At Dinner  Party Dr Vincent Tabak attended )

(29) * PC Steve Archer ( Was there when Dr Vincent Tabak was arrested )

(30: * Mathew Phillips (Heard a shreik... was at party on Canygne Road )

(31) * Louise Althrope (Attended Party with Dr Vincent Tabak)

(32) * Geofrey Hardyman (Tenant of 44 Canygne Road )

(33) * Elizabeth Chandler ( Office Manager at BDP)

(34) *  Shrikart Sharma ( Dr Vincent Tabak's Boss )

(35) * Glen O'Hare ( Hosted Part Dr Vincent Tabak attended ).

(36) * Anneleise Jackson, (PC... Greg's Phone Call statement )

(37) * Peter Lindsell  ( Friends of Joanna Yeates .. at Bristol Mead Station ( Text received from Joanna Yeates )

(38) * Andrew Lillie (Attended a Dinner Party with Dr Vincent Tabak )

(39) * Linda Marland (Attended Party Dr Vincent Tabak attended ) (party was in a bar in Bristol)

(40): Micheal Breen... Not sure where to put him

(41): PC Martin Faithful

Did you question why Civilian Andrew Mott was in charge of a Crime scene trying to stop a body from thawing?? Did you question why PC Martin faithful, also tried to stop a body from thawing??

Did you question why 3 forensic tents were used none of which covered the body of Joanna Yeates??

What did each one of these witness's tell you??  The Birches for instance? were you happy that they just said that they found Joanna Yeates.... Did you not question the exact location that they found her in ?? we know that the location changed... did you not question that, or were you just happy that some random people stated they found her??

Bill.... did you really read all of those 41 witness's statement or did you, as in your own words...
I learnt to speed read, scanning a file of papers to identify those passages I needed to revisit
... Did you decide on a quick speed read and a scan that the witness's were not relevant??  I don't know.... I am asking!!!

I read their evidence again and again, thinking about it all the time. Often thinking was as important as the reading.

Which evidence did you read again and again?? and what exactly were you thinking of at the time??
Bill... the only important witness you appear to have taken any notice of was a witness who wasn't important at all... 'Geoffrey Hardyman'... A man who saw nothing nor heard nothing, yet you used his statement for Dr Vincent Tabak's defence!

Now this next statement might just be my favourite bit....

I nearly always visited the scene of a murder, to understand the evidence and to speak more authoritatively in court. There was also the possibility that I would uncover some aspect of the evidence that could be challenged.

Did you visit Canygne Road??  Did you Bill.... Did you see the distance from Joanna Yeates door to the glass panelled door that was supposed to be Dr Vincent Tabak's door?? Did you calculated how hard it would be to carry a dead weight between the two, and not only close Joanna Yeates door behind him but open his own door and then take Joanna Yeates into his spare room??? 

Dr Vincent Tabak, is carefully carrying Joanna Yeats as to not leave any evidence behind... he must be super strong.... Did you not question if that was even possible??

Body fluids???? Did that not pop into your head?? Did you not ask where all of the body fluids disappeared to?? None in Joanna Yeates Flat and none in your clients Flat or your clients car?? Did that not strike you as odd!!

Did you walk around Flat 1 Canygne Road?? Did you walk around your clients flat??

Did you go to Longwood Lane and see how difficult it would be for a body to lay on a grass verge for over 8 days without being spotted??

Not only that, did you try to time, how possible everything was within the time frame Dr Vincent Tabak had?? 

Did you read all of the text messages from everyone in this case?? Did you try to see what your client did for 1 hour whilst sat in his Flat with the body of Joanna Yeates?? Did you check Dr Vincent Tabak's business phone??

Did you check whether or not the blind stayed up all the time as Greg had stated.... Or did you just take Greg's word for that??

Did you see that the Flat had all of its carpets removed... That the Flat had been staged.... that tiles had been painted.... That all of Greg's possessions had been removed....  Did you see how tiny that flat was?? Did you see the surfboard in the hallway??  Did you see how small that kitchen was, where no signs of a struggle were seen,?? You couldn't swing a cat in that kitchen!!

Did you not question why your client would move Joanna Yeates to her bedroom and put her on a bed?? The difficulty in that manouver, and for what purpose??  Only to move her again from there down the hall out of the door turn left, turn left again... carry her along the back and into his Flat and put her in his spare room!!

Why would he?? Why would he want to have evidence in his own home??

Did you not think it prudent to speak to CJ??? The Landlord whom had seen/heard people at the gate on the evening of the 17th December 2010? Did you not ask what he had witnessed?? Did you not ask him if he had seen your client that evening..... I know that he did.... why don't you??

You see Bill... I could go on..... Did you check all the CCTV.... or did you just take the prosecutions word that the CCTV was what it was??

Did you not look at Dr Delaney's report and question why Joanna Yeates  was found in a flower patterned pink top, when in The Ram her top is clearly plain??  Did that not peek your interest??

My approach was to forget about that and first to see what the other side was saying. And whether they could actually establish what they were alleging. I would pretend for a moment that I was the prosecutor, and work out what they would be doing to try to prove the case and how? Then look at it the other way round, and try and spot the pitfalls in their approach.

Did you really check what the prosecution were alleging?? Because I cannot see that myself....  As my 2 years posting on here will prove.... My cross referencing of everything I can find and questioning why I believe you failed your client.....

So Bill..... Would you now like to tell us in detail... How you investigated, the evidence for your client Dr Vincent Tabak? And why you didn't apply for bail??

One last thing Bill..... Was it the statement from the chaplain that made it a slam dunk??

Did you see what Brotherton said as an apparent man of the cloth and you believe that??

Did the fact that Brotherton was implying that your client had confessed to killing Joanna Yeates, make you believe that was true??  Was it this scanned witness statement that clinched the deal for your client??  This man whom had assumed the role of Chaplain, you appear to have believed his statement true and correct??

Because with what you have divulged as your approach.... that is the only conclusion I can come too.... And you obviously believe a man of the cloth would not lie.... (imo)

I often wondered whether you read this.... But i don't think you have.... You might have scanned through it and believed that no-one gives a damn....

But Bill.... I give a damn.... and I am sure the public give a damn, when they realise, your scanning of files is not good enough... when you cherry pick what you think is relevant.....

Now I understand why you stated those things about your client in court.....

1:  his conduct after Yeates died when he hid the body was “frankly disgusting” and had caused untold anguish and agony to her family.

2:  “I’m not going to ask you to like Vincent Tabak. There’s probably nothing to like.”

3:   And Miss Morson seems to agree, having failed to make a single  appearance at court.

4:  He had told “lie after lie to the police.

5: “did everything he could to cover his tracks”.

6: He added that he would not try to justify Tabak’s actions after her death, saying his client was “living a lie” by attending dinner parties and attempting to carry on his life as normal.

7:  “I’m not going to ask you to have any sympathy for him. He deserves none.

8: “I’m not going to ask you to excuse his conduct. There can be no excuse.

9: “If I was to set out to win a popularity contest I would lose.

10: He told the court: “Of course, afterwards his behaviour is utterly disgraceful. It’s not going to be justified by me

Those ten statements that had me concerned.... concerned whether or not you had your clients best interest at heart....

Obviously you didn't... I think you forgot something Bill....

I would pretend for a moment that I was the prosecutor,

When it came to trial you weren't the prosecutor, even though your behaviour suggests that you were!! (imo)

You obviously forgot..............!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW6MM7dLhuY