Author Topic: 2019.  (Read 14117 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: 2019.
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2019, 11:04:20 PM »
Fair enough, you come up with some ideas that you think might work.
Cast iron evidence would be DNA evidence for example.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2019, 11:08:32 PM »
Cast iron evidence would be DNA evidence for example.

That can be difficult as has been mentioned before on another thread. How is this going to happen exactly? will MBM suddenly appear demanding a DNA test? the story is a non story IMO.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2019, 11:11:03 PM »
Does anyone think that there might be a Resolution this year?

Madeleine will be 16 years old, if she is still alive.  Could this change things?

An older child has more chance of escaping if still alive but then she has to want to escape.  Any child abducted as young as three will have little memory of her distant past.  In any event I believe she died the night she disappeared so for me, the passage of time changes very little.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 11:14:29 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2019, 11:13:39 PM »
An older child has more chance of escaping but then she has to want to escape.

That is very true Angelo.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2019, 11:27:50 PM »
Belated seasons greetings to all members and non members ... 8)--))

Thank you.  And to you.

Offline Lace

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2019, 11:52:58 AM »
Or talk about the investigation.

No I disagree,  there is a difference to stating something to someone else to going on television or having an interview which would be broadcast worldwide. IMO

Offline Lace

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2019, 11:59:20 AM »
I am just hoping that she has some memory of who she was before being "adopted".  There might be enough of a curiosity for her to joins a discussion group and finally recognise herself or for someone to recognise her.

They say it is unlikely a child would remember their life before the age of four.   Though I have read if there is a trauma and being taken as a child is definitely a trauma,  then memories could be triggered through something, such as smell or maybe seeing pictures of her parents or hearing a song they sang or something similar.   If Madeleine as you say joins a discussion group and the McCann case is brought up this could trigger a memory, it is whether Madeleine would act on this memory.   IMO

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2019, 12:00:14 PM »
An older child has more chance of escaping if still alive but then she has to want to escape.  Any child abducted as young as three will have little memory of her distant past.  In any event I believe she died the night she disappeared so for me, the passage of time changes very little.

Some of us have hope, Angelo.  What would be the point in being here without it?  If not just to create suspicion against The McCanns.  And why would anyone want to do that after nearly twelve years of absolutely nothing against The McCanns?
I just don't understand.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2019, 12:06:29 PM »
They say it is unlikely a child would remember their life before the age of four.   Though I have read if there is a trauma and being taken as a child is definitely a trauma,  then memories could be triggered through something, such as smell or maybe seeing pictures of her parents or hearing a song they sang or something similar.   If Madeleine as you say joins a discussion group and the McCann case is brought up this could trigger a memory, it is whether Madeleine would act on this memory.   IMO

I can remember some isolated things which weren't related to trauma.  My mother was still not in a sanatorium at that stage, so I was certainly no older than four.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2019, 12:32:57 PM »
No I disagree,  there is a difference to stating something to someone else to going on television or having an interview which would be broadcast worldwide. IMO

They were asked not to discuss the investigation, or so we are told. The medium through which they discussed it is immaterial.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2019, 12:38:45 PM »
I can remember some isolated things which weren't related to trauma.  My mother was still not in a sanatorium at that stage, so I was certainly no older than four.

I have very early memories ... the thing is trying to make sense of them.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2019, 12:51:24 PM »
I have very early memories ... the thing is trying to make sense of them.

Madeleine won't have completely forgotten.  Especially waking up one day in a difference place without the people who were familiar to her.  That is Trauma.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2019, 04:54:34 PM »

Madeleine won't have completely forgotten.  Especially waking up one day in a difference place without the people who were familiar to her.  That is Trauma.

I would have remembered a traumatic event such as that.  As it is I remember people and places from the cul-de-sac where I lived ... mainly sitting with older women along with every other child from the houses around.
I remember those occasions very clearly because it was different from the norm.

When aged three ... I vividly remember the receipt of a telegram from the war office informing the family of the death of my uncle while doing his National Service although I had no idea what was going on at the time, I only worked it out in retrospect.

I think Madeleine will remember a shock which involved her so personally as finding her parents and all she knew and loved vanished from her ken.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2019, 05:08:37 PM »
I would have remembered a traumatic event such as that.  As it is I remember people and places from the cul-de-sac where I lived ... mainly sitting with older women along with every other child from the houses around.
I remember those occasions very clearly because it was different from the norm.

When aged three ... I vividly remember the receipt of a telegram from the war office informing the family of the death of my uncle while doing his National Service although I had no idea what was going on at the time, I only worked it out in retrospect.

I think Madeleine will remember a shock which involved her so personally as finding her parents and all she knew and loved vanished from her ken.

I think poeple underestimate memory....i have a photograph taken as a two year old and still remember vividly havig the photo take and...the layout of the house...and things said to me as I had the photo taken

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2019, 05:53:36 PM »
They were asked not to discuss the investigation, or so we are told. The medium through which they discussed it is immaterial.
Can we have a cite for this please.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly