Author Topic: Is there a plausible, logical theory of abduction?  (Read 102718 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Is there a plausible, logical theory of abduction?
« Reply #465 on: January 26, 2017, 05:55:00 PM »
Thanks for the pics. One of them is from the balcony mentioned by Eleanor (the daytime one), but the other is taken from further north. I'm not convinced that the main door could be observed from that balcony clearly enough to be sure no-one had entered or left that way.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 06:03:55 PM by G-Unit »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #466 on: January 26, 2017, 05:59:17 PM »
To deduce that they would need to have observed both entrances to 5A from the time the McCann family returned before bed to the time the couple left for the restaurant. One person wouldn't be able to watch both doors, so there must have been two people lurking about for a couple of hours every evening in daylight. No-one noticed them, though.
I don't think the apartment would need to have been under constant surveillance night after night.  If you' seen them dining in the tapas restaurant at the same time every evening that would be enough information to let you know they weren't in the apartment.  No need to watch both entrances for hours at a time, day after day.

Offline Benice

« Reply #467 on: January 26, 2017, 06:00:05 PM »
You are saying that abduction from the room is implausible and illogical.  Therefore we need evidence which supports your argument.  A lack of evidence does not support your argument.  Why is it not plausible or logical that someone may have entered the apartment via an unlocked door and removed the child.  Why should there have to be a trail of muddy boot prints on the floor or dirty handprints on the walls?

There may have been footprints or other evidence which was destroyed by the traffic of people and dogs throughout 5a in the immediate aftermath.    IIRC  partial fingerprints and hairs are amongst the evidence that was retrieved and whose owners have never been identified.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfie

« Reply #468 on: January 26, 2017, 06:00:52 PM »
I doubt it's happened more than once that a little girl was abducted from the bath of her home while all the family was at home.

But it's certainly happened.
II posted a link to an abduction in America in which a child was abducted after a stake-out but because it was from the Sun website it was deemed hilarious.  I'll have to see if I can find another cite that doesn't provoke such mirth.

ETA: there we go, for Trump fan Alice, a report of the same abduction but this time from Fox News.  Hope it doesn't provoke quite the same outbreak of hilarity.  http://fox8.com/2016/05/24/police-fbi-to-give-update-on-abduction-case-involving-rescued-6-year-old-cleveland-girl/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 06:09:22 PM by Alfie »

Offline barrier

« Reply #469 on: January 26, 2017, 06:12:36 PM »
Luz was at the start of the season and has been described as being very quiet.  One only has to look at the bar takings from Kelly's to see how quiet.  Gerry McCann said that apart from Jeremy Wilkins he had met no-one else on the street when making checks on the children.

Did the tour operator warn about burglaries within the resort?

Did the police warn tourists that premises were being entered and children assaulted?

Unfortunately the McCanns and their party were taken in by the ambience of the resort ... which was and is promoted as family friendly ... and it would only have taken one observer with evil intent to take note of that.

Would that be the same burglaries that were going to lead to imminent arrest's back in Jan 2014.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #470 on: January 26, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »
On the very simple basis that nobody has been able to point to any evidence to support an abduction from the apartment.  The McCanns saying oh she was there when we left but is now gone carries little weight imo.

Abduction from the street is another matter. A child who has been shown to be unsettled at night when her parents are out enjoying themselves, a patio door left unlocked, an unlocked gate leading to a public road just metres away.  Then we have an established FRESH scent trail from the apartment down the street, across it to a car park where it mysteriously stops. That all adds up to me.

the McCanns statements are evidence

Offline Benice

« Reply #471 on: January 26, 2017, 06:26:38 PM »
I hadn't thought of it like that before.  But now that you mention it, none of the T9 reported any of the odd goings on subsequently added to the mix.  No men monitoring 5A.  No one checking out 5C.  Hence a feeling of security sufficient to go out at night with the patio doors unlocked.

Jayne Jensen and Annie Wiltshire saw two men on the patio of the empty apartment 2 doors down from 5A.   Mrs Fenns niece also saw a man leaving by the gate below -  from her aunts patio area.   Despite world wide publicity  none of these men have ever come forward to be eliminated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-504950/British-witnesses-We-saw-blond-men-balcony-Madeleine-apartment.html#ixzz2TkhXcjDx

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #472 on: January 26, 2017, 06:27:43 PM »
I don't think the apartment would need to have been under constant surveillance night after night.  If you' seen them dining in the tapas restaurant at the same time every evening that would be enough information to let you know they weren't in the apartment.  No need to watch both entrances for hours at a time, day after day.

It doesn't tell you if the children are there, or if they're alone there.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #473 on: January 26, 2017, 06:32:49 PM »
It doesn't tell you if the children are there, or if they're alone there.
So what?  If the kids are not there, then nothing is lost, but enter the apartment anyway on the assumption that they are.  As for someone else being there, who?  A quick glance at the dining table  to count 9 people will tell you all you need to know before entering the apartment. 

Offline barrier

« Reply #474 on: January 26, 2017, 06:35:26 PM »
So what?  If the kids are not there, then nothing is lost, but enter the apartment anyway on the assumption that they are.  As for someone else being there, who?  A quick glance at the dining table  to count 9 people will tell you all you need to know before entering the apartment.

Were the 9 actually all there at the same time?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #475 on: January 26, 2017, 06:38:00 PM »
Jayne Jensen and Annie Wiltshire saw two men on the patio of the empty apartment 2 doors down from 5A.   Mrs Fenns niece also saw a man leaving by the gate below -  from her aunts patio area.   Despite world wide publicity  none of these men have ever come forward to be eliminated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-504950/British-witnesses-We-saw-blond-men-balcony-Madeleine-apartment.html#ixzz2TkhXcjDx

Were the women paid for this 'exclusive' ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline jassi

« Reply #476 on: January 26, 2017, 06:38:11 PM »

Briefly at 9.00. After that someone was always  absent somewhere or other - if we can believe the times given.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #477 on: January 26, 2017, 06:41:31 PM »

Briefly at 9.00. After that someone was always  absent somewhere or other - if we can believe the times given.

So that theory has no legs.

Offline Benice

« Reply #478 on: January 26, 2017, 06:41:51 PM »
Were the women paid for this 'exclusive' ?

I don't know, why do you ask?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #479 on: January 26, 2017, 06:44:10 PM »
I doubt it's happened more than once that a little girl was abducted from the bath of her home while all the family was at home.

But it's certainly happened.

I am sure if you think about it you will understand how irrelevant your response is.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey