Author Topic: Is there a plausible, logical theory of abduction?  (Read 101676 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Is there a plausible, logical theory of abduction?
« Reply #735 on: January 31, 2017, 02:38:00 PM »
Relating to what quote?  Are you disputing that three of the arguidos were burglars who admitted to breaking in to the OC?  Were they just random PT Nationals that the PJ made arguidos for fun?

If they were being asked questions that would incriminate them in some way they would have to be made arguidos, even if only because they may have seen something while going about their criminal activities. This has been explained to you before.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #736 on: January 31, 2017, 02:44:03 PM »
The joys of Wiki, 3 references none relating to the quote.
To be fair, I consider the middle one does tie 3 names to alleged admissions of theft from the OC, albeit there is no indication as to the source of these alleged admissions.

And the article contains errors, which does not fill me with trust that the rest is higher quality.
What's up, old man?

Alfie

« Reply #737 on: January 31, 2017, 02:50:43 PM »
If they were being asked questions that would incriminate them in some way they would have to be made arguidos, even if only because they may have seen something while going about their criminal activities. This has been explained to you before.
Right!  Their CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES.  Slarti is trying to take this thread off topic by demanding I provide a cite for my earlier comment that they were dodgy.  Thanks for backing me up, it's much appreciated.  Also of course there was the dodgy rapist who was questioned too, am I allowed to refer to him as dodgy or must I provide a cite for his rape conviction slarti?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #738 on: January 31, 2017, 03:00:23 PM »
If they were to be asked questions that might (or might) not incriminate them, they would either have to made arguidos, or request arguido status themselves.  It does not follow that they were actually going about criminal activities.

If they were made arguidos by the Portuguese legal authorities, it means that someone thought the OG line of questioning could lead to them being incriminated.  And that could be anything, such as a prior criminal record or OG asking about criminal activity.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #739 on: January 31, 2017, 03:18:48 PM »
If they were to be asked questions that might (or might) not incriminate them, they would either have to made arguidos, or request arguido status themselves.  It does not follow that they were actually going about criminal activities.

If they were made arguidos by the Portuguese legal authorities, it means that someone thought the OG line of questioning could lead to them being incriminated.  And that could be anything, such as a prior criminal record or OG asking about criminal activity.

Arguidos status seems to be the same as being interviewed under caution
It means the evidence can be used against you

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #740 on: January 31, 2017, 03:20:07 PM »

Thank you for the clarification Shining.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #741 on: January 31, 2017, 03:27:58 PM »
Arguidos status seems to be the same as being interviewed under caution
It means the evidence can be used against you
It means an awful lot more than that.  I don't think we should derail Alfie's pursuit of logical/plausible abduction theory with a consideration of the rights and responsibilities of witnesses v arguidos.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #742 on: January 31, 2017, 03:39:53 PM »
It means an awful lot more than that.  I don't think we should derail Alfie's pursuit of logical/plausible abduction theory with a consideration of the rights and responsibilities of witnesses v arguidos.

the McCanns were asked questions that could have incriminated them before being made arguido so your explanation does not hold water

stephen25000

« Reply #743 on: January 31, 2017, 03:42:13 PM »
the McCanns were asked questions that could have incriminated them before being made arguido so your explanation does not hold water

Well, events have taken over now.

The Supreme Court has made it's decision.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #744 on: January 31, 2017, 03:47:45 PM »

not according to this

Comparison with common-law administrations[edit]
The status is very similar to that of being "questioned under caution" under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act in the United Kingdom or being questioned after being read one's "Miranda Rights" in the USA, specifically the right to legal representation, the liberty to refuse to answer questions, and the admissibility in court of statements taken whilst in those statuses.[12]

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #745 on: January 31, 2017, 04:04:12 PM »
Off-topic posts are going to get deleted.
What's up, old man?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #746 on: January 31, 2017, 04:09:53 PM »
To be fair, I consider the middle one does tie 3 names to alleged admissions of theft from the OC, albeit there is no indication as to the source of these alleged admissions.

And the article contains errors, which does not fill me with trust that the rest is higher quality.

...nothing in the files.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #747 on: January 31, 2017, 04:58:25 PM »
...nothing in the files.
This made me think as to whether there is anything in the PJ Files and there is.

A printout of staff was used to control interviews, to know whether everyone had been talked to.

This document is hand scribbled with details of criminal records.  Presumably someone in the PJ wrote these notes, but obviously I am far from certain.

One of the 3 arguidos is José da Silva, a driver at the Ocean Club.  On the staff interview control sheet, someone has written the word 'furto', which means theft.

As to whether this was enough to make him an arguido, I cannot tell.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #748 on: January 31, 2017, 05:45:51 PM »
Well, events have taken over now.

The Supreme Court has made it's decision.
The Supreme Court decision has no bearing on the actual scenario of Madeleine going missing.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #749 on: February 03, 2017, 07:41:01 PM »
This case has similarities to the McCann case.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOZEkcLoeSs
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.