Author Topic: The Defence Will State Their Case  (Read 599671 times)

Offline [...]

Re: The Defence Will State Their Case
« Reply #1845 on: October 03, 2018, 10:58:11 PM »
William Clegg: If you know in the strict sense of that word that somebody has done it then your not allowed to defend them.. So if they were to say I have done this but I want to get off you have to say i cannot defend you.

William Clegg: There's never been a case where someone has said that to me and I have defended them, No... It would be a serious act of professional misconduct... What you of course do do, is defend people who the evidence tends to suggest very strongly is guilty. But... If they tell you that they didn't do it, how ever strong the evidence is, you have to defend them, and we operate a system called the cab-rank rule by which we are required to set the next brief we are offered, even if the case is unattractive, and the reason for that is to ensure that is that nobody is left without representation. 

As I don't know the law I am enquiring.....

Dr Vincent Tabak was supposed to have admitted guilt to the Chaplain in 8th February 2011 (I believe) apparently he told Brotherton he killed Joanna Yeates, it was this confession that everyone has harped on about... ( a confession I believe never happened)

So how does that play out??

Clegg says he is not allowed to defend someone who says that that are guilty... His words not mine....

When did Clegg take on Dr Vincent Tabak??  When was he made aware that Dr Vincent Tabak had admitted his guilt to the chaplain??  I'm confused here....

So we then get Dr Vincent Tabak admitting his guilt on the 5th May 2011 , his guilt to Manslaughter and Clegg does an appalling job of Defending him at Dr Vincent Tabak's trial in October 2011..(imo)

Why the trial???? Why was Clegg Defending Dr Vincent Tabak , a man that has apparently admitted his guilt twice ....

Am I missing something here?

Yes i know that Dr Vincent Tabak didn't tell Clegg directly in Feb 2011... But surely Clegg was present at the hearing at The Old Bailey in May 2011, when Dr Vincent Tabak pled guilty to Manslaughter.....

So does that suggest that Dr Vincent Tabak wasn't on the other end of the video link from Long Lartin as leonora has suggested....

Did Clegg talk to Dr Vincent Tabak directly when he was preparing his case? I don't know how this works so, someone will need to explain...

What you of course do do, is defend people who the evidence tends to suggest very strongly is guilty. But... If they tell you that they didn't do it, how ever strong the evidence is, you have to defend them,

What evidence?? What evidence was there that suggested VERY strongly that Dr Vincent Tabak was guilty of killing Joanna Yeates?? What evidence was SO strong that bail wasn't even applied for??

There wasn't any.... We didn't hear about any of this evidence.... How could it possibly suggest strongly that Dr Vincent Tabak killed Joanna Yeates??  The only reason anyone knows about how apparently Joanna Yeates came to her demise is because , Dr Vincent Tabak told a story on the stand in October 2011 of how it apparently happened!!! So were was This evidence prior?????

The part where he says :" If they tell you they didn't do it, however strong the evidence is, you have to defend them..."...

It sounds like it's a chore...

Did Dr Vincent Tabak say to William Clegg at any point when he took this case on..... "I didn't do it"??
Did he ever utter those words to William Clegg...... I take thing literal and for me it sounds like he didn't defend him properly because those words were not uttered..... Even though he defended him when he admitted he'd killed  Joanna Yeates apparently and he said he didn't defend people who he knew were guilty.... Is this as confusing for everyone else as it is for me??....

Is it because Dr Vincent Tabak didn't say the exact words directly to William Clegg.... I have done this but I want to get off . The reason he accepted the case? Did William Clegg believe that his client was 'Guilty"?

That really needs to be the question that we ask... What did William Clegg think about Dr Vincent Tabak's guilt or Innocence??  Because his actions at trial that were reported do not sound like a man defending his client to the best of their ability...(imo)

1:  his conduct after Yeates died when he hid the body was “frankly disgusting” and had caused untold anguish and agony to her family.

2:  “I’m not going to ask you to like Vincent Tabak. There’s probably nothing to like.”

3:   And Miss Morson seems to agree, having failed to make a single  appearance at court.

4:  He had told “lie after lie to the police.

5: “did everything he could to cover his tracks”.

6: He added that he would not try to justify Tabak’s actions after her death, saying his client was “living a lie” by attending dinner parties and attempting to carry on his life as normal.

7:  “I’m not going to ask you to have any sympathy for him. He deserves none.

8: “I’m not going to ask you to excuse his conduct. There can be no excuse.

9: “If I was to set out to win a popularity contest I would lose.

10: He told the court: “Of course, afterwards his behaviour is utterly disgraceful. It’s not going to be justified by me

Edit... Or was the trial just a sham as i have suggested all along... Dr Vincent Tabak entered a plea of guilty to Manslaughter and it wasn't accepted, by the prosecution.... i would have thought that would have been the judges decision , but what do i know...

What was THAT trial about??

Offline [...]

« Reply #1846 on: October 04, 2018, 12:04:06 AM »
William Clegg: A jury might not follow all the detail, but it's essential that you have mastered every detail of a case, in order to ascertain exactly what it is that is most important, what it is that is going to appeal to a jury and even more important than that, dangers of missing something that you night have over looked, that could ultimately lose a case.

Erm... where do I start??

* Time Stamps Missing from the CCTV footage of Asda/ Tesco/ Bargain Booze

* CCTV evidence that DS Mark Saunders spoke about showing Canygne Road on the 17th December 2010, with cars
   and people milling about, evidence that could prove or disprove whether or not Joanna Yeates actually reached
   home.

* How difficult it would be for a person to move a dead weight so many times on there own.... Why not leave it in
   situ

* Having Dr Vincent Tabak's girlfriend Tanja Morson tell us what she knew about that weekends events..

* How the exact day time of death was established??

* Who CJ saw at the gate , where he tells sky news and The Leveson

* The trainer that was found under the sink with blood spots on it

* The ikea duvet cover that Dr Kelly Sheridan tested and said it was connected to the person responsible for Joanna
   Yeates death

* How all the DNA samples and suspects clothing was turned around in 48 hours

*  How 2 of the searches at 1:46am and 1:47am on Saturday 18th December 2010 couldn't have been done on Dr
    Vincent Tabak's computer as he was apparently in Bristol picking up Tanja from her party..

* How Joanna Yeates Flat had the kitchen window tiles painted since her disappearance, when this Flat was
   supposed to be frozen in time..

* How Dr Delaney says she had a flower patterned pink top on, when she was in The Ram in a plain top

* How Greg had stated they moved into Canygne Road on the 25th October 2010, when he posts on facebook that
   anyone can collect free ski's from Canygne Road on the 16th October 2010

* How Joanna yeates was reported Missing on the 19th December 2010, yet Greg didn't ring the Police until
  12:40am on Monday the 20th December 2010.. 9 Her brother was in a state of despair on the 19th December
  2010)

* How everyone knew all the details of this case, before it went to trial...

* How he didn't question why The Yeates believed that Joanna Yeates had been abducted

* An independant expert to test the DNA

* An independant computer expert to analyse all the computers they say that Dr Vincent Tabak used..

* GPS Coordinates, putting Dr Vincent Tabak on Longwood lane at said time...

* CCTV from Asda car park showing how Dr Vincent Tabak arrived

* CCTV of any of Dr Vincent Tabaks journey that evening..

* CCTV of Dr Vincent Tabak at the station and leaving on his bike

* Any cat hair analysed or found on either Dr vincent Tabak's coat or Joanna Yeates,

* Question how nobody saw a body on Longwood Lane for over a week, when it's frequented regularly.

* Why the collection of evidence was done by builders on the 29th December 2010

* Why every Tom Dick or harry was allowed to film around a potential crime scene before Joanna yeates was found..

* Why The Yeates where allowed to walk around a secondary Crime scene on the 27th December 2010, before it
   was officially announced that Joanna yeates had been Murdered on the 28th December 2010 by DCI Phil Jones at
   a press conference.

* Why no Good Character witness's were called

* The Nero cafe CCTV shown, for us to follow Joanna Yeates journey

* Why Colin Port states at the Leveson that 'The HopHouse Pub was the last known sighting of Joanna Yeates if she
   had apparently arrived home.

* Why Dr Vincent Tabak was interviewed in Holland for 6 hours as a witness, when they obviously thought he was a
   suspect and he wasn't cautioned..

* The phone call from Holland that apparently Dr Vincent Tabak made

* Why The Police never moved their Investigation from that house, when it was a Missing person Inquiry..

* Why Ann Redropp Had decided in late December to Investigate Dr Vincent Tabak, he wasn't a suspect apparently

* Why the Head of The Complex Case Unit was involved with a simple Murder case...

* Why we didn't hear from DCI Phil Jones at trial

* Why 18 witness's just had their statements read out at court..

* Why they need 3 forensic tents on Longwood lane, yet not one covered the body of Joanna Yeates

* Why there was 7 fire Appliances in attendance for the recovery of a Missing woman, when she apparently lay on a
  grass verge..

* Why The Fire Service was needed for 4 days over this period

Again I could go on.... 

Offline justsaying

« Reply #1847 on: October 04, 2018, 05:33:04 PM »
If Tabak had admitted murder to his barrister but still wanted to plead not guilty to murder, then the barrister would not have been able to represent him, it would be a conflict of interest. He was able to defend him against the murder charge because that is what Tabak was denying. It is the same for all lawyers/barristers.

Offline [...]

« Reply #1848 on: October 05, 2018, 01:58:17 PM »
If Tabak had admitted murder to his barrister but still wanted to plead not guilty to murder, then the barrister would not have been able to represent him, it would be a conflict of interest. He was able to defend him against the murder charge because that is what Tabak was denying. It is the same for all lawyers/barristers.

Thank you....

The confusion with me still lies.... Firstly I do not know when Clegg was first given this case to be the defence for Dr Vincent Tabak, I do not know what questions Clegg posed to Dr Vincent Tabak, as far as I am aware Dr Vincent Tabak stated nothing, his Police interviews according to DCI Phil Jones were of a No Comment variety, apart from something surrounding a mobile phone...

I believe Dr Vincent Tabak said nothing else..

He has had many solicitors representing him before he got to trial, we are not aware of what if anything Dr Vincent Tabak told Paul Cook, we do not know if the supposed confession stemmed from there....

We do not know if Paul Cook transferred any information he held on Dr Vincent Tabak to Clegg and his team.. And we do not know if Clegg acted upon what was in that information...

There may be a confession in there, there maybe not, we just don't know... This is why we need to know when Clegg first acted for Dr Vincent Tabak... What was Clegg aware of if anything... Because I still cannot understand why bail was never applied for.... I cannot understand why no-one applied for bail for this man....

We have a man whom has had a duty solicitor, a man who has had Paul Cook and Micheal Fitton represent him, yet we do not know why he changed council to Clegg.... And more importantly when he changed council to Clegg...

The only concrete piece of information I have in terms of anything legal, is the court case against various media publications.. A case that was settled I believe on the 29th July 2011, A case i cannot comprehend, why Dr Vincent Tabak's name was even mentioned, and mentioned in such a way that it was to leave everyone in no doubt that Dr Vincent Tabak was indeed the man that had killed Joanna Yeates..

The statement about Dr Vincent Tabak was used to prove to everyone that CJ was wholly innocent... Now I am not arguing that fact, that this case brought forth exactly... I am trying to understand, why Dr Vincent Tabak's name was even mentioned!!!

Not only was his name mentioned but his plea was mentioned.... According to the document, Dr Vincent Tabak pleaded not guilty to Murder on the grounds of Diminished Responsibility...  But guilty to manslaughter....

Now I am a bit of a stickler... I like to understand why....

I like to understand how that may transpire within a legal setting... Did everyone at this time know the details, of how and why Dr Vincent Tabak apparently killed Joanna Yeates??

Manslaughter and Murder are two completely different charges and carry considerably different sentences...

diminished responsibility
noun: ENGLISH LAW
an unbalanced mental state which is considered to make a person less answerable for murder, being recognized as grounds to reduce the charge to that of manslaughter.
"he has admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility"

On 5th May Tabak admitted that he was responsible for killing Miss Yeates when, at the Central Criminal Court, he pleaded guilty to her manslaughter.  He denied murder on the basis of diminished responsibility.  The trial of that issue will take place in the autumn.

Mental State.....  Did Dr Vincent Tabak speak out of turn or did he speak on the advice of his council??   Was Clegg at the hearing at The Old bailey in May 2011??

The glaringly obvious part of the whole trial, was that "Diminshed Responsibilities" NEVER played a part in the trial of Dr Vincent Tabak, when clearly we see here that there was apparent grounds for him to do so.... There was NO medical expert called to the stand to tell us of Dr Vincent Tabak's state of mind... Ad what is more glaringly obvious is that the Defence, never once stated that Dr Vincent Tabak denied murder on The Grounds of Diminshed Responsibilities....

The who trial was based around intent... No mitigating factors reached the juries ears... Nothing to tell the Jury why a Placid Dutchman, had for NO apparent reason, decided to kill his next door neighbour he had never met...

So what were the Grounds for Diminished Responsibilities?? Why did Clegg NOT follow that through?? Did Clegg believe at that point that Dr Vincent Tabak was guilty of Murder?? I don't know.... But what I do know is that the Defence was lacking in Dr Vincent Tabak's trial.. I believe The Defence could have been more robust... I believe the Defence could have supported Dr Vincent Tabak better.....

I'm going to be a mind reader now and guess what people may say on this matter.... That there was no mental health issue that Dr Vincent Tabak had, therefore Clegg couldn't use tis as a Defence....

But I would come back to the fact that everyone appeared to already know that Dr Vincent Tabak was going to plead guilty... The Yeates had taken a special trip to be at The Old Bailey, when everyone else was left stumped and was still waiting to see Dr Vincent Tabak appear at Bristol Crown Court.... And found themselves waiting to see Dr Vincent Tabak and what may transpire... Yet they found out that there had been a sudden shift of venue...

So.. If everyone was aware that Dr Vincent Tabak was going to enter a plea of guilt, that in itself tells us that The Defence should know what the plea is going to be and on what grounds.... It stands to reason...(imo)

In saying that I am of the understanding whether correct or not that Dr Vincent Tabak's council was aware of Dr Vincent Tabak's plea and that Dr Vincent Tabak's plea was that he did not Murder Joanna Yeates on the grounds of diminished responsibilities..

Whether or not we believe that Dr Vincent Tabak had grounds for a case of diminished responsibilities, we need to know whether or not council advised their client to plead on said grounds... Was council shocked, that their client stated this... I don't know...

I have wondered what the story then would have been stated on the stand, if "Diminished Responsibilities" was entered into the argument... Would it have changed?? 

You see, this opens up  a whole can of worms,... Clegg states he will only say what happened and not defend a man who admits to Murder... He may advise his client and mitigating circumstance should come into play, I believe...

But we have a story....

A story that after passing a window on his way to Asda, he was invited in, chatted for 10 minutes, took his coat off and hung it on a stand, was offered a drink, declined said drink, chatted and he misinterpreted Joanna Yeates sunny disposition for flirting, he moved in for a kiss, she screamed, he tried to silence her, she screamed again and within 20 seconds she was dead.......

We have to believe that when Dr Vincent Tabak made his plea at the Old bailey, The Defence where fully aware of what had taken place at this point... We have to believe that The Defence knew the story that Dr Vincent Tabak was to tell us on the stand...

Did Dr Vincent Tabak just ignore his council and blurt out that he denied Murder on the grounds of diminished responsibilities and council could not control their client.. Or did council advise Dr Vincent Tabak on said plea??

Begging the question what mental health problems did Dr Vincent Tabak suffer from, to go from a Placid Computer geek, to a killer within 10 minutes... Attacking and killing his next door neighbour for NO apparent reason...

We have been made aware that Dr Vincent Tabak did not know Joanna Yeates in any shape or form.... Well .. nothing was stated at trial for us to believe any different... One question that could have been put, was did Dr Vincent Tabak ever communicate with the person we know as Joanna Yeates.. Did he ever have a time when he maybe talked via the internet to a person with a username, that may well have been Joanna Yeates??

It may seem an odd question, but I do not understand why a man would kill his next door neighbour, why his next door neighbour would welcome into her home a complete stranger, when she was alone and not very comfortable with the idea... "NO FORCED ENTRY"... that has been established long ago... It was all over the news.... So why would Joanna Yeates invite Dr Vincent Tabak into her home at night, having never meet or set eyes on him before...

A lady with street smarts I would say... A lady who cannot have been that lonely that she would invite a stranger into her home and offer them a drink.... A lady if we remember was enjoying pre christmas drinks with work colleagues, whom see could have stayed with if she was that lonely and in need of company....

But lets not detract too much...  I want to under stand , how the story that was told on the stand could come under the guise of "Diminished Responsibilities"? How anything in that story no matter how small or insignificant, would have a jury believing that Dr Vincent Tabak may have had a mental episode.... For him to plead diminished responsibilities in May 2011, either was a case of Dr Vincent Tabak having at that time a 'Mental Episode"  and unbeknown to his council decided to throw this plea out there... Or council knew why Dr Vincent Tabak plead guilty to Murder on the grounds of diminished responsibilities.....

Either way Dr Vincent Tabak should have had a psychiatric evaluation... (imo) To either establish why a man of apparent sound mind, whom apparently hadn't said anything up until this point, would suddenly exclaim he was not guilty of Murder on said grounds....

Or that council advised him to plead this way.... And if council advised him to plead this way, on what grounds of diminished responsibility were council going to introduce at trial, and why didn't council introduce grounds for diminished responsibility at trial??

Did Council have the story in May 2011 of how Joanna Yeates came to her demise?? If not why not....
Why allow there client to make such a statement at the Old bailey if that were the case....

And if council had these events in there possession and knew what Dr Vincent Tabak had done...what was so extraordinary about Dr Vincent Tabaks mental state, that he entered a plea of not  guilty to Murder on the Grounds of Diminished Responsibility.... When the story told on the stand wouldn't support that , as there were NO witness's called for Dr Vincent Tabak to state otherwise....

So maybe you can understand why I get confused, why i do not see this case as fair in any shape or form... And why I always have questions i feel need answering...

http://iclr.co.uk/document/2011201901/%5B2011%5D%20EWHC%202074%20(Admin)/html

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1849 on: October 05, 2018, 03:42:36 PM »
Thank you....

The confusion with me still lies.... Firstly I do not know when Clegg was first given this case to be the defence for Dr Vincent Tabak, I do not know what questions Clegg posed to Dr Vincent Tabak, as far as I am aware Dr Vincent Tabak stated nothing, his Police interviews according to DCI Phil Jones were of a No Comment variety, apart from something surrounding a mobile phone...

I believe Dr Vincent Tabak said nothing else..

He has had many solicitors representing him before he got to trial, we are not aware of what if anything Dr Vincent Tabak told Paul Cook, we do not know if the supposed confession stemmed from there....

We do not know if Paul Cook transferred any information he held on Dr Vincent Tabak to Clegg and his team.. And we do not know if Clegg acted upon what was in that information...

There may be a confession in there, there maybe not, we just don't know... This is why we need to know when Clegg first acted for Dr Vincent Tabak... What was Clegg aware of if anything... Because I still cannot understand why bail was never applied for.... I cannot understand why no-one applied for bail for this man....

We have a man whom has had a duty solicitor, a man who has had Paul Cook and Micheal Fitton represent him, yet we do not know why he changed council to Clegg.... And more importantly when he changed council to Clegg...

The only concrete piece of information I have in terms of anything legal, is the court case against various media publications.. A case that was settled I believe on the 29th July 2011, A case i cannot comprehend, why Dr Vincent Tabak's name was even mentioned, and mentioned in such a way that it was to leave everyone in no doubt that Dr Vincent Tabak was indeed the man that had killed Joanna Yeates..

The statement about Dr Vincent Tabak was used to prove to everyone that CJ was wholly innocent... Now I am not arguing that fact, that this case brought forth exactly... I am trying to understand, why Dr Vincent Tabak's name was even mentioned!!!

Not only was his name mentioned but his plea was mentioned.... According to the document, Dr Vincent Tabak pleaded not guilty to Murder on the grounds of Diminished Responsibility...  But guilty to manslaughter....

Now I am a bit of a stickler... I like to understand why....

I like to understand how that may transpire within a legal setting... Did everyone at this time know the details, of how and why Dr Vincent Tabak apparently killed Joanna Yeates??

Manslaughter and Murder are two completely different charges and carry considerably different sentences...

Mental State.....  Did Dr Vincent Tabak speak out of turn or did he speak on the advice of his council??   Was Clegg at the hearing at The Old bailey in May 2011??

The glaringly obvious part of the whole trial, was that "Diminshed Responsibilities" NEVER played a part in the trial of Dr Vincent Tabak, when clearly we see here that there was apparent grounds for him to do so.... There was NO medical expert called to the stand to tell us of Dr Vincent Tabak's state of mind... Ad what is more glaringly obvious is that the Defence, never once stated that Dr Vincent Tabak denied murder on The Grounds of Diminshed Responsibilities....

The who trial was based around intent... No mitigating factors reached the juries ears... Nothing to tell the Jury why a Placid Dutchman, had for NO apparent reason, decided to kill his next door neighbour he had never met...

So what were the Grounds for Diminished Responsibilities?? Why did Clegg NOT follow that through?? Did Clegg believe at that point that Dr Vincent Tabak was guilty of Murder?? I don't know.... But what I do know is that the Defence was lacking in Dr Vincent Tabak's trial.. I believe The Defence could have been more robust... I believe the Defence could have supported Dr Vincent Tabak better.....

I'm going to be a mind reader now and guess what people may say on this matter.... That there was no mental health issue that Dr Vincent Tabak had, therefore Clegg couldn't use tis as a Defence....

But I would come back to the fact that everyone appeared to already know that Dr Vincent Tabak was going to plead guilty... The Yeates had taken a special trip to be at The Old Bailey, when everyone else was left stumped and was still waiting to see Dr Vincent Tabak appear at Bristol Crown Court.... And found themselves waiting to see Dr Vincent Tabak and what may transpire... Yet they found out that there had been a sudden shift of venue...

So.. If everyone was aware that Dr Vincent Tabak was going to enter a plea of guilt, that in itself tells us that The Defence should know what the plea is going to be and on what grounds.... It stands to reason...(imo)

In saying that I am of the understanding whether correct or not that Dr Vincent Tabak's council was aware of Dr Vincent Tabak's plea and that Dr Vincent Tabak's plea was that he did not Murder Joanna Yeates on the grounds of diminished responsibilities..

Whether or not we believe that Dr Vincent Tabak had grounds for a case of diminished responsibilities, we need to know whether or not council advised their client to plead on said grounds... Was council shocked, that their client stated this... I don't know...

I have wondered what the story then would have been stated on the stand, if "Diminished Responsibilities" was entered into the argument... Would it have changed?? 

You see, this opens up  a whole can of worms,... Clegg states he will only say what happened and not defend a man who admits to Murder... He may advise his client and mitigating circumstance should come into play, I believe...

But we have a story....

A story that after passing a window on his way to Asda, he was invited in, chatted for 10 minutes, took his coat off and hung it on a stand, was offered a drink, declined said drink, chatted and he misinterpreted Joanna Yeates sunny disposition for flirting, he moved in for a kiss, she screamed, he tried to silence her, she screamed again and within 20 seconds she was dead.......

We have to believe that when Dr Vincent Tabak made his plea at the Old bailey, The Defence where fully aware of what had taken place at this point... We have to believe that The Defence knew the story that Dr Vincent Tabak was to tell us on the stand...

Did Dr Vincent Tabak just ignore his council and blurt out that he denied Murder on the grounds of diminished responsibilities and council could not control their client.. Or did council advise Dr Vincent Tabak on said plea??

Begging the question what mental health problems did Dr Vincent Tabak suffer from, to go from a Placid Computer geek, to a killer within 10 minutes... Attacking and killing his next door neighbour for NO apparent reason...

We have been made aware that Dr Vincent Tabak did not know Joanna Yeates in any shape or form.... Well .. nothing was stated at trial for us to believe any different... One question that could have been put, was did Dr Vincent Tabak ever communicate with the person we know as Joanna Yeates.. Did he ever have a time when he maybe talked via the internet to a person with a username, that may well have been Joanna Yeates??

It may seem an odd question, but I do not understand why a man would kill his next door neighbour, why his next door neighbour would welcome into her home a complete stranger, when she was alone and not very comfortable with the idea... "NO FORCED ENTRY"... that has been established long ago... It was all over the news.... So why would Joanna Yeates invite Dr Vincent Tabak into her home at night, having never meet or set eyes on him before...

A lady with street smarts I would say... A lady who cannot have been that lonely that she would invite a stranger into her home and offer them a drink.... A lady if we remember was enjoying pre christmas drinks with work colleagues, whom see could have stayed with if she was that lonely and in need of company....

But lets not detract too much...  I want to under stand , how the story that was told on the stand could come under the guise of "Diminished Responsibilities"? How anything in that story no matter how small or insignificant, would have a jury believing that Dr Vincent Tabak may have had a mental episode.... For him to plead diminished responsibilities in May 2011, either was a case of Dr Vincent Tabak having at that time a 'Mental Episode"  and unbeknown to his council decided to throw this plea out there... Or council knew why Dr Vincent Tabak plead guilty to Murder on the grounds of diminished responsibilities.....

Either way Dr Vincent Tabak should have had a psychiatric evaluation... (imo) To either establish why a man of apparent sound mind, whom apparently hadn't said anything up until this point, would suddenly exclaim he was not guilty of Murder on said grounds....

Or that council advised him to plead this way.... And if council advised him to plead this way, on what grounds of diminished responsibility were council going to introduce at trial, and why didn't council introduce grounds for diminished responsibility at trial??

Did Council have the story in May 2011 of how Joanna Yeates came to her demise?? If not why not....
Why allow there client to make such a statement at the Old bailey if that were the case....

And if council had these events in there possession and knew what Dr Vincent Tabak had done...what was so extraordinary about Dr Vincent Tabaks mental state, that he entered a plea of not  guilty to Murder on the Grounds of Diminished Responsibility.... When the story told on the stand wouldn't support that , as there were NO witness's called for Dr Vincent Tabak to state otherwise....

So maybe you can understand why I get confused, why i do not see this case as fair in any shape or form... And why I always have questions i feel need answering...

http://iclr.co.uk/document/2011201901/%5B2011%5D%20EWHC%202074%20(Admin)/html

You continue to make valid points Nine and it seems to me from the evidence you bring here (I haven't read it all btw) that the anomalies in this case are vast.

When Simon Hall confessed to murder after having lied for around 12 years it became apparent that the original police investigation and subsequent trial were wrong with regards motive. This fact caused problems for the prison and probation service once Hall confessed but it was hushed up!? Hall died a D-cat prisoner. A sexually motivated murder, which it turned out to be, would have carried a much higher jail term for starters.

There are many who claim to be fighting for truth and justice and who say the criminal justice system is flawed etc but I've come to learn that due to the emotive nature of cases such as this, a lot of people simply aren't interested for various reasons. And Objective argument and reasoning is nigh on impossible.

It's a shame because from my view point the possibility that many of the answers they seek in attempting to highlight the flawed criminal justice system lay in cases such as this.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 04:04:34 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline [...]

« Reply #1850 on: October 05, 2018, 04:01:26 PM »
Continuing from my above post about Diminished Responsibilities.......

What evidence did council have to put forward such a plea??

What was missing from Dr Vincent Tabak's statement that was told on the stand that could possibily hint that there could be a remote possibility that Grounds of Diminished Responsibility could be used as a defence?

The truth was not stated at this trial... that is for sure....

If Dr Vincent Tabak never admitted to "MURDER" to the defence, what did he say to them, as we are aware he couldn't have represented him as Justsaying posted..

Because he cannot have said it was an accident as I was trying to stifle her screams... Diminished Responsibilities therefore would not have come into his plea at the Old Bailey....

What parts of this story are Missing?? And if they are Missing why?? Or is nothing Missing?

Thinking about this.... Say I am the defence council, my client has told me how when and where said deed was committed, and how this accident came about...  Would I then go to The Old Bailey and try to cop a plea of not guilty to Murder on The Grounds of Diminished Responsibilities??

You see I don't know how the law works, so I am stumped.... 

(A): Diminished Responsibilities = Mental Health Grounds

(B): Manslaughter = Accident no intent

(C): The charge should have been changed to manslaughter??

(D): The intent was not to kill and I therefore do not need to enter a plea at this time, being the 5th May 2011, as
       the charge still stands at MURDER

* Again if we go with (A), then on what mental health grounds did Dr Vincent Tabak believe would support his story
   on the stand?

* If I go with (B), then Manslaughter should have been the charge

* If I go with (C), why wasn't the charge changed??

* And if I settled on (D) why would Dr Vincent Tabak enter a plea of not guilty to Murder on the Grounds of
   Diminished Responsibilities on the 5th May 2011? Why would he simply not say NOT GUILTY!  And leave it until
   trial for the jury to decide whether or not this was an accident or whether or not Dr Vincent Tabak intended to kill
   Joanna Yeates as the charge was not changing anytime soon.

This is where my lack of knowledge fails me.... This is why I cannot understand why a plea of Not Guilty to Murder on the grounds of Diminished Responsibilities was entered into at all and why we know this fact as the document tells us so....

The Defence Council could do with making their position clear for this time, because even if i do not know the law, the fact that "Diminished Responsibilities" was put forward as part of Dr Vincent Tabak's plea... We need to understand why this fact appears to have been ignored..... And why Dr Vincent Tabak, himself or his council would enter such a plea in May 2011, when at trial in October 2011 the case for the Defence was about intent...

Therefore making me question why in the first place "A" plea to Not Guilty To Murder on The Grounds of Diminished Responsibility was ever entered into!!

Confused.. Yes....

Offline [...]

« Reply #1851 on: October 05, 2018, 04:08:43 PM »
You continue to make valid points Nine and it seems to me from the evidence you bring here (I haven't read it all btw) that the anomalies in this case are vast.

When Simon Hall confessed to murder after having lied for around 12 years it became apparent that the original police investigation and subsequent trial were wrong with regards motive. This fact caused problems for the prison and probation service once Hall confessed but it was hushed up!? Hall died a D-cat prisoner. A sexually motivated murder, which it turned out to be, would have carried a much higher jail term for starters.

There are many who claim to be fighting for truth and justice and who say the criminal justice system is flawed etc but I've come to learn that due to the emotive nature of cases such as this, a lot of people simply aren't interested for various reasons. And Objective argument and reasoning is nigh on impossible.

It's a shame because from my view point the possibility that many of the answers they seek in attempting to highlight the flawed criminal justice system lay in cases such as this.

I do not understand why no-one questions this case....  Maybe it is time this case was used to highlight the flawed Justice System.... Because if i as a person with no real knowledge of the law can highlight many problems I see with this case... Just think what an educated person with such knowledge could do.....

Or is there a reason they won't??  I don't know....

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1852 on: October 05, 2018, 04:26:11 PM »
I do not understand why no-one questions this case....  Maybe it is time this case was used to highlight the flawed Justice System.... Because if i as a person with no real knowledge of the law can highlight many problems I see with this case... Just think what an educated person with such knowledge could do.....

I recommend the documentary I am fish-head
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1853 on: October 05, 2018, 05:11:30 PM »

Define "educated?"

Fear?

You'll be hard pressed to find a public law solicitor willing to take on a case like this for judicial review, say for example for an "abuse of power" and you'll find it even more difficult to push for a public inquiry because of the nature of the case and all that a public enquire would entail

Judicial review https://www.judiciary.uk/you-and-the-judiciary/judicial-review/

What do you think is more appealing:

A man convicted of murder who claims to be innocent

or

A man convicted of murder who has confessed to manslaughter and subsequently convicted of possessing indecent images of children?

The other point of course if you look into others cases of convicted murderers (those not claiming innocence) as in depth as you have this one - you'll most probably find numerous anomalies in their cases also.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 06:32:24 PM by Stephanie »

Offline justsaying

« Reply #1854 on: October 05, 2018, 05:48:30 PM »
Here is a link which contains the questions Tabak was asked in court and his answers to them. Just keep in mind that the author is unknown, everything else which is said is the authors opinion - it is not very well written and seems quite amateurish, there is also a lot of unwarranted speculation. However - it will give you an insight to the questions and answers in Court.

Based on his answers to the questions he was asked - I still think he is guilty as charged.

https://philarchive.org/archive/RAMTMT-4

Offline [...]

« Reply #1855 on: October 05, 2018, 06:36:20 PM »
Here is a link which contains the questions Tabak was asked in court and his answers to them. Just keep in mind that the author is unknown, everything else which is said is the authors opinion - it is not very well written and seems quite amateurish, there is also a lot of unwarranted speculation. However - it will give you an insight to the questions and answers in Court.

Based on his answers to the questions he was asked - I still think he is guilty as charged.

https://philarchive.org/archive/RAMTMT-4

To respond both to you and Stephanie in one post, amateurish , should really be levelled at me....

Define "educated?"

Fear?

Educated in an academic sense of the word.... Have completed various exams from an early age and then taking said qualifications and expanding said qualification to have a career that you have studied for, for many years....

Unlike me, whom went to a Secondary Modern School and did not take an exam, and have not taken any further education in any sense of the word, to better my chances of a career...

As for fear... I don't know... Why would anyone be afraid?  It's a simple Murder Case ...

So as far as the unknown person you refer to, this unknown person appears to have a far greater education than me... Someone who uses and quotes cases and therefore I believe must have a knowledge of said cases....

But I am an amateur, I am just a citizen who never really understood why a case didn't make sense to me in part because I was a member of the original Facebook Forum and had followed peoples opinions and any news on this case at the time... My questions stem from the fact I do not understand why (A) A guilty Plea was entered into, and (B)Why the story is full of holes, the lack of Forensics and witness's has always perplexed me....  And (C) why a defence council would make such comments that them in themselves (imo) would sway a jury....

Therefore yes I am an amateur in more sense of the word than anyone could care to describe me as.... And my amateur status will therefore show holes in my arguments...

So I apologise now if I have failed, and will go away quietly leaving others with the correct credentials to either look at this case or leave it..

Regards Nine  ?{)(**

jixy

« Reply #1856 on: October 05, 2018, 06:56:02 PM »

or

A man convicted of murder who has confessed to manslaughter and subsequently convicted of possessing indecent images of children?

The other point of course if you look into others cases of convicted murderers (those not claiming innocence) as in depth as you have this one - you'll most probably find numerous anomalies in their cases also.
[/quote]

that is a good idea. one a few people have suggested to Nine.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1857 on: October 05, 2018, 07:05:29 PM »

or

that is a good idea. one a few people have suggested to Nine.

That wasn't my point and I apologise if it's been taken out of context.

Not every one who looks at cases like this can remain objective because of the emotion it stirs up in them.

Why should Nine look at other cases? Numerous anomalies have been pointed out in this one!?

Offline justsaying

« Reply #1858 on: October 05, 2018, 07:06:39 PM »
I was not referring to you Nine, as you can quite clearly see I was referring to the link I posted. Yes, it is very amateurish, it is full of mistakes, is very repetitive and speaks of things not relevant to the case. I could cite a lot of caselaw, that does not mean I am an expert... The author of that link suggests the evidence against Tabak is purely circumstantial when that is evidently not the case. There was a direct evidence against him. But if you look at the answers he gave in court, it tells you a lot. He even mentions knocking over the victims coat stand - how would he know she had a coat stand if he had never been in her home? It mentions that a priest saw her at or near her home which suggests she did indeed make it home. It answers a lot of your questions - however the authors theories - i.e. Tabak was drugged and the internet search evidence was forged - is unwarranted speculation. Provocation is also unwarranted - he could have just walked away after she screamed, he did not have to kill her. He clearly explains the reason why he admitted killing her, he knew the DNA was going to link him to the crime.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1859 on: October 05, 2018, 07:08:28 PM »
To respond both to you and Stephanie in one post, amateurish , should really be levelled at me....

Educated in an academic sense of the word.... Have completed various exams from an early age and then taking said qualifications and expanding said qualification to have a career that you have studied for, for many years....

Unlike me, whom went to a Secondary Modern School and did not take an exam, and have not taken any further education in any sense of the word, to better my chances of a career...

As for fear... I don't know... Why would anyone be afraid?  It's a simple Murder Case ...

So as far as the unknown person you refer to, this unknown person appears to have a far greater education than me... Someone who uses and quotes cases and therefore I believe must have a knowledge of said cases....

But I am an amateur, I am just a citizen who never really understood why a case didn't make sense to me in part because I was a member of the original Facebook Forum and had followed peoples opinions and any news on this case at the time... My questions stem from the fact I do not understand why (A) A guilty Plea was entered into, and (B)Why the story is full of holes, the lack of Forensics and witness's has always perplexed me....  And (C) why a defence council would make such comments that them in themselves (imo) would sway a jury....

Therefore yes I am an amateur in more sense of the word than anyone could care to describe me as.... And my amateur status will therefore show holes in my arguments...

So I apologise now if I have failed, and will go away quietly leaving others with the correct credentials to either look at this case or leave it..

Regards Nine  ?{)(**

There are many academics who are both manipulative and deceptive and you appear to be neither!

Your knowledge of this case and the workings of the criminal justice system seem vast.

If you were to look at the work of some academics in depth you'll find their qualifications are built on sand

Don't be fooled by a wordsmith - though you clearly don't  8((()*/

And qualifications don't mean a whole lot when your credibility is shot to shit like Vincent Tabaks
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 07:25:52 PM by Stephanie »