Author Topic: The Defence Will State Their Case  (Read 599639 times)

Offline Myster

Re: The Defence Will State Their Case
« Reply #4395 on: May 16, 2019, 08:22:52 PM »
What be one of those?
"Whom" instead of "who", as used countless times by the most prolific poster here.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4396 on: May 16, 2019, 08:48:43 PM »
"Whom" instead of "who", as used countless times by the most prolific poster here.

Ah! Got ya! I rarely read the whole post but must admit to being slightly irritated by Tabak's full title being repeated over and over and over ......  %56&

Offline [...]

« Reply #4397 on: May 17, 2019, 10:17:22 AM »
Looks like it's been merged with a another page - no mystery.

Thats fine, I'm still trying to work out about the original forum, I keep saying I was a member, But I'm assuming I had to be, to be able to read it, so now i'm unsure....

mrswah maybe  able to clarify that, whether you had to be a member to read the old forum or not at the time...

Offline [...]

« Reply #4398 on: May 17, 2019, 10:29:07 AM »
Good job, unsure about everything... time to leave you all too it...

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #4399 on: May 17, 2019, 10:35:52 AM »
Thats fine, I'm still trying to work out about the original forum, I keep saying I was a member, But I'm assuming I had to be, to be able to read it, so now i'm unsure....

mrswah maybe  able to clarify that, whether you had to be a member to read the old forum or not at the time...

I cant remember, to be honest!!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4400 on: May 17, 2019, 10:55:49 AM »
Good job, unsure about everything... time to leave you all too it...

Until next time  @)(++(*

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #4401 on: May 18, 2019, 07:35:00 AM »
How far into the investigation? How many had he killed? Tabak killed one! Initially no one suspected Sutcliffe or he wouldn't have managed a list of 13. Tabak was caught before his list grew.

Caroline, will PM you about this, as it's off topic.

Offline [...]

« Reply #4402 on: May 19, 2019, 07:46:14 AM »
The Missing Express article.. The one where we get an image of Jo years parents and a Coldplay article, as it has been edited: And the talk of DNA on Lips..

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jo Yeates: Murder of Joanna being used to collect DNA..using Jo's mother in her grief , a dispicable tactic !!!!!
THE GRIEVING mother of Joanna Yeates last night called for all her daughter’s friends and colleagues to be DNA tested to eliminate them from the murder inquiry.

Teresa Yeates has urged detectives to focus DNA sampling on the small group of people her daughter knew and then to include men in the upmarket district of Clifton in Bristol where Jo lived with her boyfriend Greg Reardon.

Her call comes as a national poll conducted by the Sunday Express shows a majority of people across the UK want all 250,000 men in Bristol to be DNA tested.

Nearly 2,000 people in major towns and cities were asked by OnePoll if all men in Bristol should have DNA testing and 57 per cent said yes.

In Bristol 245 people were interviewed with 54 per cent for and 46 per cent against.

Last week Kerry McCarthy, Labour MP for Bristol East, led the calls for citywide DNA testing but so far murder squad detectives have ruled out a mass DNA trawl of the city. They may change their minds after considering the views of the Yeates family.

It is thought a tiny sample of DNA was found on Jo’s lips. It may have got there when the killer was dumping her body, which was found covered in snow on Christmas Day three miles from her home.

Speaking from her home in Ampfield, near Romsey, Hampshire, Mrs Yeates, 58, said: “To be honest, I don’t think all men in Bristol should be DNA tested. I think it would be pointless. I think there should be DNA testing for people who live in the Clifton area and DNA testing of people Jo was acquainted with.”

Asked if that should include Jo’s colleagues, she replied: “I don’t see why not. I don’t believe any of her work colleagues were involved in any of this. I haven’t met all of them but that is my gut feeling. It is better to eliminate them.”

It is understood police have been highly selective in who they ask for DNA swabs but they have tested some of her 200 Facebook friends.

Colleagues who were connected to her social networking site, or who had sent her e-mails or texts outside of work, are thought to have been asked to supply swabs.

Dr Carolyn Morton, a principal lecturer in forensic science at the University of West England in Bristol, said it was possible the DNA could have come from anyone Miss Yeates was with on the evening she went missing, including colleagues she could have kissed when she left the pub. She said the police had to find where the saliva came from. So far none of her workmates who joined Jo for Christmas drinks on the day she went missing, Friday, December 17, has been named or has spoken publicly about her.

BDP, the company for which 25-year-old landscape architect Jo worked, is talking to her mother and father David, 63, about a suitable memorial.

A spokeswoman said: “Jo loved flowers, so a beautiful landscaped space would perhaps be the most fitting memorial.”

It is unclear whether Jo’s 27-year-old boyfriend Greg will return to work for BDP in the office he once shared with Jo. He has told friends that even the thought of a brief return to Bristol upsets him.

Mrs Yeates confirmed to the ­Sunday Express that she would now not be playing the part of her daughter in a BBC Crimewatch reconstruction to be broadcast on January 26.

As she is the same height as her daughter and looks similar, she had been prepared to go through the ­emotional ordeal.

Last night she said: “They will be getting somebody else for the reconstruction but it is definitely not me, I can confirm that.”

It is thought either an actress or a serving Avon and Somerset female police officer will play the role for the programme which frustrated detectives hope will produce a breakthrough lead.

Police sources say they have found no significant links between Jo’s murder and that of Glenis ­Carruthers, a young woman strangled in Clifton 37 years ago, after cold case detectives reopened their files last week.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/223433/DNA-all-Joannma-Yeates-friends-begs-her-mother/DNA-all-Joannma-Yeates-friends-begs-her-mother#ixzz1BCf45ZTp

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/223433/DNA-all-Joannma-Yeates-friends-begs-her-mother/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latestNewsViaRoyphjacobsInGoogleReader+%28%22latest+news%22+via+royphjacobs+in+Google+Reader%29&utm_content=Twitter

http://steelmagnolia-gossips.blogspot.com/2011/01/jo-yeates-murder-of-joanna-being-used.html

Offline [...]

« Reply #4403 on: May 19, 2019, 08:43:13 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2011/jan/19/dailymail-joanna-yeates

Media
Liz Jones plumbs the depths in report on Joanna Yeates murder

Mail on Sunday writer Liz Jones has attracted widespread odium with her article about the murder of Joanna Yeates.

Commenters to the Mail's website and on Twitter have registered their scorn at the content and tone of her piece, headlined Is lovely Jo becoming just another thumbnail on the police website?

One commenter considered it to be "shameful, inept, morbid, irrelevant, patronising rubbish." Another thought it "an unbelievably ill conceived piece of non-journalism." A third wrote: "This article is voyeuristic, utterly pointless, and distasteful in the extreme."
And there were almost 200 commenters to the MoS site [shared with the Daily Mail] expressing similar views. Elsewhere, a journalistic critic, Jonathan Harwood, noted sarcastically that is was likely "to become one of the most celebrated pieces of journalism for years."
Jones's fatuous article is built around a retracing of Joanna's last steps in Bristol. It is replete with meretricious pseudo psychological "insights".

Example one: she visits the supermarket where Joanna bought what she calls "an upmarket pizza" and remarks: "The choice tells me Jo wanted a lovely life, something above the ordinary."

Example two: arriving at Clifton suspension bridge and finding she doesn't have the correct change to pay the toll, she writes:

"Isn't it interesting that you can snatch a young woman's life away from her in the most violent, painful, frightening way possible, take away her future children, her future Christmases, take away everything she loves, and yet there are elaborate systems in place to ensure you do not cross a bridge for only 30 pence?"
This absurd stuff attracted mockery across the Twittersphere, with hundreds of comments lampooning her self-referential approach to the tragedy.

Examples: "At Martin Luther King Jr's funeral: "Does anybody want to hear about my dream?"... "As the bomb went off and wrecked the bus, I wondered once again if Ken Livingstone's congestion charge was really working"... "These people in Australia losing their homes reminds me of my country mansion that I'm selling to buy a smaller mansion."

Best of all, go the the Daily Mash, Is lovely Liz becoming just another thumbnail on the Daily Mail website?

Sources: Tabloid Watch/First Post/Mail on Sunday/Daily Mash

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1347621/Joanna-Yeates-murder-Becoming-just-thumbnail-police-website.html

Is lovely Jo becoming just another thumbnail on the police website?

By LIZ JONES FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
UPDATED: 13:50, 17 January 2011

IIt's Friday night and I’m in the Ram bar on Park Street in Bristol.

This is where Joanna Yeates spent her last evening before she set off up the hill, past all the twinkly shops and bars (a Habitat, a Space NK beauty emporium; Bristol is nothing if not upwardly mobile) towards her death.

The bar is OK but ordinary. The wine list, chalked on a board, says ‘Lauren Perrier’.
I wish she had spent what were probably her last hours on earth somewhere lovelier. The food is awful (I ask for a veggie burger and it comes without the burger – and without the bun!) but the young women behind the bar are sweet with huge, wary eyes.

Alex is working her way through uni, where she is studying English. She comes from London and her parents are now terrified something is going to happen to her.

She was working in the bar on the night of December 17, when Joanna was having a drink before heading home. ‘I don’t remember her,’ she says.

‘It was so busy that night. I used to walk home but I always get a cab now.’

Lyn, with white blonde hair, who was also working here that night, says she is ‘more fearful now, I’m more nervous. It’s just so mysterious’.

I leave the bar at 8pm and retrace Joanna’s steps. Even though it’s January, the streets are packed. There are a couple of women joggers but they are with boyfriends or husbands.

I walk past the beautiful university building on my right, with Waitrose on my left. I wander the bright aisles, full of young women rushing round after work, leaving with carrier bags and expectation.

I head up the hill towards Clifton, the leafy part of the city. It’s quieter now, and darker. I find Tesco, and go in. I almost buy that upmarket pizza; the choice tells me Jo wanted a lovely life, something above the ordinary.

There is one police van on the green as I turn right into Canynge Road.

I bet Jo’s heart lifted as she reached this junction, looking forward to the feeling only a Friday night near Christmas can give you.
As I near her basement flat, at No  44, the road is quiet. Earlier in the day there had been an ITN news van here but it has gone now. I’m reassured to see two policemen standing vigil at her iron gate, either side of a small, discreet pile of flowers in varying degrees of decay.

I tell them I’m spooked, walking here. ‘Don’t be spooked,’ one says. ‘Residents are campaigning to get brighter street lights installed.’ So the antique, lovely ones are to disappear to be replaced by ugly ones because of something even uglier.

That afternoon I had gone to the lane where Jo’s body was found. It was horrible and windswept. I don’t know what I had expected but not this.

There was no ceremony here, no policeman, just that lovely face on a now dog-eared poster. I got the feeling the world is starting to forget Jo, that she’ll become just another thumbnail on the Avon and Somerset Police website, along with the faces of the other murder victims no one can recall.

I’d have expected the cars to slow down here to show respect but they sped past, carrying people on their way home from work. The lane is narrow. I can’t see how a car stopped here and a man struggled with a body without being beeped at and told to get out the way, as I was.

There were no messages with the flowers, just one card, still sealed in its Cellophane. The person who left it hadn’t bothered to scrawl a note.
Leaving Jo’s flat, I return to my car. My satnav takes me to the Clifton Suspension Bridge.

The theory is the killer took the long route from the flat to where he dumped the body to avoid the CCTV cameras. Perhaps he also wanted to avoid the 50p toll.

I don’t have 50p and try tossing 30p and a White Company button into the bucket. It doesn’t work.

There is now an angry queue behind me. Isn’t it interesting that you can snatch a young woman’s life away from her in the most violent, painful, frightening way possible, take away her future children, her future Christmases, take away everything she loves, and yet there are elaborate systems in place to ensure you do not cross a bridge for only 30 pence?

Finally, a man in a taxi jumps out, and runs to me brandishing a 50p piece.

‘Not all men are monsters,’ he says, grinning. Maybe not. But one monster is all it takes.

http://steelmagnolia-gossips.blogspot.com/2011/01/httpwww_17.html

Monday, January 17, 2011
Is lovely Liz becoming just another thumbnail on the Daily Mail website?

17-01-11
Karen Fenessey retraces the steps of Liz Jones, the night she wrote her article for the Mail on Sunday

It's Friday night and I am in a bar not far from Liz Jones's house near Taunton. This is where Liz stopped off for a drink before she set off home past all the twinkly shops (a  Boots, a [Name removed]B Sports, a 'Marks and Sparks'; Taunton is nothing if not a place that has some shops) towards her laptop computer.

I wish she had spent what were probably her last hours before writing her article somewhere lovelier. The food is awful (I ask for sausage and chips and it comes without the sausage - and without the chips!) but the young women behind the bar are sweet with huge, wobbly eyes.

Alex is working her way through uni, where she is studying something called 'English'. She comes from London and her parents are now terrified she might become a journalist for the Daily Mail. She was working here that night. She says she saw things. With her eyes.

Lyn, with very very very very blonde hair, who was also working here that night, says she is 'more fearful of newspapers now, I'm more nervous. It's just so mysterious how someone could have written an article like that'.

I leave the bar at 8pm and retrace Liz's steps. Even though it's January, the streets have people on them all walking somewhere or other. There are a couple of women joggers but they are with boyfriends or husbands who are reading the Independent.
I walk past a university building on my right (no doubt full of people with pens) with Waitrose on my left. I wander the bright aisles, full of young women rushing round after work - it's almost as if they are shopping. They leave with carrier bags full of expectation and yoghurt.

I head up the hill towards the leafy part of Taunton. It's quieter now, and darker. I find Tesco, and go in. This also turns out to be a shop. I almost buy the same upmarket pizza that Liz bought; the choice tells me she liked ham, but really good ham. Not ham that was full of water and hormones. Ham that you can get from a nice village butcher full of young women rushing around.

When I reach Liz's sleepy village, there is one police van on the green as I turn right into her street.

I bet her heart lifted as she reached this spot, looking forward to the feeling only a Friday night spent composing something utterly unspeakable for the Mail on Sunday can give you.
As I near her house, the road is quiet. It's almost as if there are no other people in the immediate vicinity.  Earlier in the day there had been an ITN news van but I notice from the absence of big vans with 'ITN' written on the side that it has gone now.  I'm reassured to see two policemen standing vigil at her iron gate, either side of a small, discreet pile of dog turds in varying degrees of decay.
I tell them I'm spooked, walking here. 'Don't be spooked,' one says. 'Residents are campaigning to get brighter street lights installed so they can see Liz Jones coming and pretend to be statues.' So the old antique, lovely nice ones are to disappear to be replaced by not nice ones that are all new because of something even not nicer.

That afternoon I had gone to the newsagent where Liz's article was discovered. It was horrible and windswept. I don't know what I had expected. A newsagent possibly. I'm not really sure.
There was no ceremony here, no policeman, just the article on a now dog-eared poster. I got the feeling the world is starting to forget Liz, that she'll become just another thumbnail on the Daily Mail website, along with Peter Hitchens, Jan Moir and that f....ing lunatic Melanie Phillips.
I'd have expected the cars to slow down here to show respect but they sped past, as if people were driving them. Were they driving home from work? Did the police even care? The lane is narrow. I can't see how someone could have come out of the newsagent with a copy of the Daily Mail without being beeped at and told to get out the way, as I was just because I was standing in the middle of the road.

There were no messages with the turds, just one card, still sealed in its Cellophane. The person who left it hadn't bothered to remove the Cellophane or write on the Cellophane. I thought about Cellophane. Did the police even care?

Leaving the newsagent, I return to my car. My satnav takes me to the M6.

The theory is Liz's article took the long route from her house to the newsagent to avoid the CCTV cameras. Perhaps it also wanted to avoid paying the £5 toll.
I don't have £5 and try tossing a Kraft cheese single and a Michael Bublé CD into the toll booth. It doesn't work.
There is now an angry queue behind me. Isn't it interesting that you can write an article for the Mail on Sunday in the most violent, painful, frightening way possible and yet there are elaborate systems in place to ensure you do not get to break the law?

Finally, a man in a taxi jumps out, and runs to me brandishing a £5 note.

'Not all men are Liz Jones,' he says, grinning. Maybe not. But one Liz Jones is all it takes.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/opinion/columnists/is-lovely-liz-becoming-just-another-thumbnail-on-the-daily-mail-website?-201101173437/
Posted by SteelMagnolia at 11:15 AM

So this whole things is about journalism.... And I've wasted all of this time on what appears to be someones idea of a joke..  8@??)( 8@??)(

Edit.. Bad Journalism, sensationalising tragedy, illiterate reporting, bad grammar, and everything else you can think of...  That is what this is all about... Cheers!

Double Edit.. So I take it the Sobbing Girl is....Liz Jones!!

Offline APRIL

« Reply #4404 on: May 19, 2019, 09:33:53 AM »
Give me strength! Just HOW long has it taken you to get a grip on what most of us know innately? At it's best, journalism is a wonderful, informative, and useful means of giving us truthful information. At it's worst, now they can no longer be compared with "Page 3" journalism -and I'll add, here, that even the best journalists/authors have 'dry' periods during which they may lower their standards and feed off whatever happens to be the current titillation- like all publications, which are now no longer used to wrap fish and chips or wipe bottoms, they become part of the recycling effort.

I am amazed to see that you're still posting! You were wittering on about your stupidity and ineptness before I went away, nearly a fortnight ago, yet here you STILL are, despite assuring us, on numerous occasions, that you'd no longer be posting on this dead and buried subject, repeating exactly what you were saying then!!! You appear to have stubbornness and tenacity similar to that of Teresa May who has never learned that the best performers leave the stage whilst they're still on top and their audience is crying out for more.

Offline [...]

« Reply #4405 on: May 19, 2019, 09:43:03 AM »
Jo Y eates...

Noticed in the church the sign that said: Jo Yeates.. kept trying to think what it meant.. All I could see was JO Yeates

Jo Yeates...

Meaning: Journalist Of the Year Eates...Should have said ate, that is why we have the Different spelling of Yeates (Yates)

See all about inept Journalists, just as well i'm not one... &^^&* Nice way to waste my life..  8((()*/

https://www.gettyimages.no/detail/video/police-officers-searching-through-rubbish-in-bins-int-news-footage/659221024?adppopup=true

Did it say:..

* Journalist of the Year eates (JOY Eates)

*Journalists of the Year ate ( JOY ate)

* Journalist of the Year eat ( JOY eat)

Leaving us with JoY eat is Missing an "S"!!!

Offline [...]

« Reply #4406 on: May 19, 2019, 09:58:17 AM »
Give me strength! Just HOW long has it taken you to get a grip on what most of us know innately? At it's best, journalism is a wonderful, informative, and useful means of giving us truthful information. At it's worst, now they can no longer be compared with "Page 3" journalism -and I'll add, here, that even the best journalists/authors have 'dry' periods during which they may lower their standards and feed off whatever happens to be the current titillation- like all publications, which are now no longer used to wrap fish and chips or wipe bottoms, they become part of the recycling effort.

I am amazed to see that you're still posting! You were wittering on about your stupidity and ineptness before I went away, nearly a fortnight ago, yet here you STILL are, despite assuring us, on numerous occasions, that you'd no longer be posting on this dead and buried subject, repeating exactly what you were saying then!!! You appear to have stubbornness and tenacity similar to that of Teresa May who has never learned that the best performers leave the stage whilst they're still on top and their audience is crying out for more.

Yes I  am stupid and probably inept, but I'm not trying to pretend I can write....

And what's the point of wasting time on a joke by journalists...

Or was it them making a stand, as to the fact most of those whom write articles, should know how to spell, and use the correct GRAMMAR!

Think they need to spend some more time on Maths too, as I stated... It doesn't add up!

Offline [...]

« Reply #4407 on: May 19, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »
I suppose it just goes to show, I was as gullible as the next person... Just took me longer to work it out..!

Just as well I don't buy Newspapers anymore, waste of good money..(imo)

Offline [...]

« Reply #4408 on: May 19, 2019, 10:18:20 AM »
It was the Facebook Friends of Alla Yeates... Chris Yeates was there, but was removed from Facebook, he was known as Chris Eates,... At first I thought it was so he couldn't be identified, but I do not believe that to be true now...

So here's to eating your words...

Offline [...]

« Reply #4409 on: May 19, 2019, 10:45:32 AM »
And I'll go a little further..

By PAUL REVOIR FOR MAILONLINE
UPDATED: 10:43, 6 November 2010

Ex-GMTV presenter given the boot when Christine Bleakley moved to ITV finds new role... replacing BBC strikers

Corporation stars Kearney, Edwards and Bruce refuse to cross picket lines in row over pension plans
Managers drafted in to present items on BBC News 24 TV channel
Flagship radio shows replaced with pre-recorded content

The BBC strike was good news for former GMTV presenter Emma Crosby, who was brought back into the limelight yesterday to read the One O’Clock News on BBC1.

She then carried on through the afternoon on the BBC News Channel. The 33-year-old was poached from Sky to co-host GMTV in 2009 in a reported £120,000-a-year deal, replacing long-serving presenter Fiona Phillips, who quit after 16 years.

But she was axed from the ITV show in August when ITV opted to revamp its breakfast schedule and launch the new morning show Daybreak, which has proved a ratings disaster.

Despite dire warnings from the National Union of Journalists about the amount of disruption, the BBC actually managed to provide a much fuller TV news service than was expected.

Presenters including Radio Five Live's Nicky Campbell took part in the action and TV newsreaders Fiona Bruce and Huw Edwards were expected to join in later today.

Radio 4's flagship Today programme was forced off the air, while World At One and PM programmes were also be scrapped.

Members of the National Union of Journalists began their 48-hour stoppage at midnight, immediately mounting picket lines across the country, including Bush House, Broadcasting House and TV Centre in London.

The union is planning another 48-hour strike on November 15 and 16, with threats of further disruption over Christmas.

Pre-recorded programmes filled Today's three-hour slot, while Radio Five was also forced to cancel a number of live programmes and replace them with pre-recorded shows.

After the 6am news bulletin on Radio Four, in which the strike was the fourth item, a BBC announcer told listeners there would be a programme on Lord Kitchener, broadcast in place of Today.

Listeners were told: 'We are sorry but as you heard in the news, because of industrial action called by the National Union of Journalists, we are unable to bring you our scheduled programme.'

Martha Kearney

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1327003/BBC-STRIKE-Ex-GMTV-presenter-Emma-Crosby-breaks-strike-1-OClock-News.html

Maybe it was to do with strike action, and leaving amateur journalists loose with a story.. Not confirming sources etc etc etc... And no command of the English written language...

Or maybe this was their protest!!!

Edit.. Or just plain and simple bad journalisms and not understanding Abbreviations/Acronyms...

Alternatively, someone nicked someone else story, before they were ready to go to print, and misunderstood the message?