Author Topic: The Defence Will State Their Case  (Read 599702 times)

jixy

Re: The Defence Will State Their Case
« Reply #4455 on: May 26, 2019, 12:49:02 PM »
I wouldn't agree that there is nothing to look into-----although I think we have probably looked into most of it by now !

Most starting points for a miscarriage of justice usually start with the person themselves claiming they are wrongly convicted

But hey some people know better than the guilty party obviously dont they?

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #4456 on: May 26, 2019, 01:44:28 PM »
Most starting points for a miscarriage of justice usually start with the person themselves claiming they are wrongly convicted

But hey some people know better than the guilty party obviously dont they?

I have never been happy about the conviction, so I have questioned it. That is all.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4457 on: May 26, 2019, 01:46:44 PM »
Such as?

It's all in the thread somewhere, although I don't blame you if you dont want to read all my old posts. There are rather a lot of them.

jixy

« Reply #4458 on: May 26, 2019, 01:48:40 PM »
another thing strange about this forum is how quick other members posts get edited but someone else can show no respect for a dead young woman and her family and they can rant on and on and on

jixy

« Reply #4459 on: May 26, 2019, 01:49:24 PM »
I have never been happy about the conviction, so I have questioned it. That is all.

Its a good job Tabak is ok with it then

Offline John

« Reply #4460 on: May 26, 2019, 02:42:12 PM »
Some posts have been unnecessarily aggressive and combative recently which is not conducive to constructive debate. By all means promote opinion and explore theories as long as such are based on facts and accepted understanding.

Finally, please keep posts amicable and informative at all times. TY.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4461 on: May 26, 2019, 03:55:37 PM »
Its a good job Tabak is ok with it then
[/quote

Just because we don't hear about him speaking out does not definitely mean that he is ok with it.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4462 on: May 26, 2019, 03:56:59 PM »
another thing strange about this forum is how quick other members posts get edited but someone else can show no respect for a dead young woman and her family and they can rant on and on and on
There are rules for this forum, Jixy. I do try to adhere to them!

Offline nina

« Reply #4463 on: May 26, 2019, 05:05:05 PM »
I sometimes think about the amount of time I have spent writing here, without the real PAPERS... without the FILES  or the 1300 PAGE DOCUMENT in front of me , being able to question every detail of those papers/files and documents...

Quite rightly in this country the files of criminal cases are not put up on the web. Just my opinion.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4464 on: May 26, 2019, 05:10:22 PM »
I sometimes think about the amount of time I have spent writing here, without the real PAPERS... without the FILES  or the 1300 PAGE DOCUMENT in front of me , being able to question every detail of those papers/files and documents...

Quite rightly in this country the files of criminal cases are not put up on the web. Just my opinion.

Yes, nina, I think you are right that files should not automatically put up on the web. Mind you, I would love to see them!!  I would love to be able to look at that 1300 page document, and be able to make my mind up, once and for all.

Offline nina

« Reply #4465 on: May 26, 2019, 06:12:27 PM »
Yes, nina, I think you are right that files should not automatically put up on the web. Mind you, I would love to see them!!  I would love to be able to look at that 1300 page document, and be able to make my mind up, once and for all.

Fair play mrswah, but the syntax on the bit of Sally what's her name 1300 pages didn't seem right to me, so I came to the conclusion that she was not English and may not have been at the trial and therefore took it with a large pinch of salt.

Why don't you try to contact her?

Offline [...]

« Reply #4466 on: May 26, 2019, 07:17:20 PM »
The mentioning of the CCTV of Greg and Joanna Yeates walking to work... Where was this CCTV from?? Canygne Road or on route to their place of work.. mrswah, have you every seen this CCTV?

The order in which actions take place is vital to be able to form a complete picture, Ann Reddrop tells us on one of the many TV documentaries that it is the phone ringing in Joanna Yeates pocket that the panic sets in for Greg, but it is when, he has searched her rucksack, that causes the panic.. The timing of each action is important....

We have gone from not too concerned about the whereabouts of Joanna Yeates, to the annoyance that the flat is untidy, to, not really too worried as she may turn up at work on Monday... To ringing her phone and searching her rucksack, and that was what triggered the panic....

He then calls Joanna Yeates parents at 12:36am. I believe he called the Police at 12:45am on the same Monday 20th December 2010 morning....

But according to CJ , Joanna yeates was reported missing on the 19th December 2010, it is stated in his Leveson inquiry.. So if the statement made by CJ is accurate, the only assumption I can make was that it had to be one of the friends that Greg rang before he called Joanna Yeates parents and the Police, whom informed the Police that Joanna Yeates was Missing..

#joyeates parents at 12.36am then emergency services, police arrived 2am

Emergency Services? I have to assume that was the Police... seeing as the Police turn up at 2:00am

Within an hour and 45 minutes, the Police have turned up at the flat of Joanna Yeates and Greg Reardon, based purely on a Missing person report... The flat hadn't indicated a violent struggle, or Greg would have stated so, Joanna yeates cannot have been a tidy person, if the mess hadn't alerted Greg...

He's convinced she off having fun with a friend, which friend?..... He had obviously initially thought she had gone to a friend's house:   

heard it ringing in the flat, still thought she might be at friend's house

because he 'still' thought she might be at a friends house...

He appears calm if not slightly irked that she wasn't back when he returned home... Nothing unusual in that...

We know from reports he ate, he has taken until 9:00pm on Sunday 19th December 2010 to ring her, to see if she had forgotten about the apprentice show....

Her not taking her keys... her purse being in her bag, and her glasses.... Is that enough for someone, to be seen as Missing... ?

She had been to the cash point with Darragh Bellew early on the Friday 17th December 2010 evening, she could easily have taken out plenty money... If Greg was at home, as she was expecting, he could have let her in when she arrived home... The only reason I am pointing this out is because, he thought she may still turn up for work on Monday 20th December 2010..

It is what he tells the Police... so the only thing in her Rucksack is the glasses, that may make a difference, but it is difficult to know if they were important, as no medical history of Joanna Yeates was brought forth at trial..

The friends he rang cannot include Rebecca Scott... As it was the Police whom inform Rebecca Scott about her friend Joanna Yeates, Rebecca tells us this in her videoed interview..

So the full version of events are not there for the weekend of the 17th December 2010 to the 19th December 2010...

Were these friends that Greg rang ever interviewed? I have no idea... But it is always worth raising questions that give a fuller picture of events and time lines...

I still do not believe that Greg was really that concerned, I am not trying to be disrespectful, but based on what we have been told, at no point does he tell us he went out looking for her.. We know David and Teresa Yeates do this when they arrive at Joanna Yeates flat, Teresa Yeates even telling us on video that she was banging on the boots of cars, and looking over walls etc...

If memory serves me correctly Theresa Yeates tells us in an interview that it was she whom told Greg to call the Police, he does this after he comes off the phone with The Yeates...

The panic I believe is the Yeates panic, that's the impression I get, Greg is more irritated than anything else, he rang CJ, but didn't go up to his flat to disturb him on Sunday 19th December 2010, as CJ, tells us it isn't till morning that he notices on his phone that Greg had called him...

He cannot have thought Joanna Yeates had gone to see Rebecca Scott otherwise he would have rang her, but he didn't...

If Greg is trying to ascertain the whereabouts of Joanna Yeates, he may have rung her parents, on the off chance she went there... And that is when I believe the panic set in.... The Yeates themselves prompt Greg to call the Police.. As Greg has explained he was already thinking that Joanna Yeates may turn up for work on the Monday 20th December 2010 morning... So he cannot have been that worried... (imo)

We have the parents arriving and of the strong belief that their daughter has been abducted... now I still can't get my head around that, there had to be something that they knew or believed as to why someone would wish to abduct their daughter.....

They cannot ascertain from the state of the Flat anything, as Greg lives there and has gone around tidying up... Everything must have appeared quite normal when they arrived as David Yeates had even noticed the washing pile...

We know from Theresa, that she found a receipt, which indicated that Joanna Yeates had returned home...

Joanna Yeates is an adult woman, who's boyfriend of 2 years appears to be taking things in his stride, it is the impression he gives me... He appears annoyed and is only really trying to locate Joanna Yeates whereabouts... Nobody mentions Rebecca and the possibility of Joanna Yeates seeing her best friend that weekend, we have come to the end of term and everyone is going home for the Christmas holiday.. It was possible Joanna yeates went to see her best friend...

But I do not understand why no-one rang Rebecca Scott to see if she had seen or heard anything from `Joanna Yeates..

Which friends had Greg expected Joanna Yeates to see, who's house had he believed she may have gone too? It cannot have been Rebecca Scott, otherwise he would have contacted her, but that doesn't happen..

The Police arrive at 2:00am on Monday 20th December 2010, they arrive before Dr Vincent Tabak and Tanja morsonarrive home, so I am trying to understand why not only did the David Yeates talk to Tanja on the lawn in the front, but they then went around to Tanja and Dr Vincent Tabak's flat to talk to them.. So too did the Police...

A couple whom did not know their neighbour apparently, being a couple of interest, as to be knocked up by the Police, to ask if they had seen Joanna Yeates... Dr Vincent Tabak whom had not long arrived back from the USA on a business trip and having no contact with the new couple next door...

CJ, on the other hand as a landlord, may or may not have seen if Joanna Yeates had ventured out that weekend, or if Joanna Yeates needed his assistance with anything that weekend, he being the most likely person to assist....

But they do not bang on his door, they for what ever reason bang on the door of the couple at number 2 flat of the same building, a couple as I have explained had no real reason to know anything about the comings and going of their new neighbours, whom they could not have noticed in such a short space of time any routines they may or may not have had... Seeing as Dr Vincent Tabak had spent weeks away in the USA, giving him little to no time at all to maybe have even seen the new couple..

I'm still confused as to why Joanna Yeates parents believed that Joanna Yeates had been abducted... I am still confused as to why they would believe she may be in the boot of any car.... I am confused as to why Greg doesn't react in the same way... so much so, he hasn't taken the time to call Joanna Yeates best friend Rebecca Scott... Or physically leave the flat to go out looking for her....

I am not trying to be disrespectful, I am trying to understand the turn of events that took place that weekend, turn of events that really should have indicated as to why Dr Vincent Tabak would be a suspect in the first place...

And why the idea that someone may have abducted Joanna Yeates was even a possibility, seeing as no indication in the flat had prompted her boyfriend to come to that conclusion...

I question the possibilities of what I see.. and I am still not clear as to how the Police turned up so quickly to the Flat of Joanna Yeates when she had been reported as a Missing person.... I believe ordinarily the Police wait 48 hours, unless someone is a vulnerable adult, or if abducted/kidnapped you would have expected something to indicate this.... (imo)

If Joanna Yeates was such a vulnerable adult, then why hadn't Greg responded in the same way? What was it that had the Yeates convinced their adult daughter had been abducted?

I have always been confused with that statement, but that is me.... And if that is what truly was believed for whatever reason, why on earth would a Dutch National, whom didn't know his next door neighbour abduct her?

There has to be something that the Yeates had either been made aware of or told, to believe that their adult daughter had been abducted...(imo) and I am not trying to be disrespectful, rather trying to understand the turn of events for that weekend come Monday Morning the time span of Friday 17th December 2010 to Monday 20th December 2010..

Offline [...]

« Reply #4467 on: May 26, 2019, 07:19:53 PM »

I agree with you on that one mrswah.

Offline [...]

« Reply #4468 on: May 26, 2019, 07:50:58 PM »

Offline nina

« Reply #4469 on: May 26, 2019, 07:56:53 PM »
You've forgotten all about the weather and the state of the pavements and roads.

They needn't have necessarily walked all the way to work, think about it they could have taken the 8 or 9 bus which is just round the corner at Christchurch and has CCTV on them.