Author Topic: The Defence Will State Their Case  (Read 599746 times)

Offline [...]

Re: The Defence Will State Their Case
« Reply #4965 on: June 07, 2019, 06:52:35 PM »
If he had changed his mind it would have been reported.

Reported yes.... But not in the media...
So was it reported and registered in Dr Vincent Tabak's papers?

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4966 on: June 07, 2019, 06:57:20 PM »
I am not swearing at YOU.... I am swearing full stop.... I appreciate you taking the time to explain...

Lets put Dr Vincent Tabak to one side for a moment.... It was how the whole episode was conducted that is the problem... But no one give a ship...

Anyway I remember the country doesn't allow for disorder or opinion holy ship... Time to be a non person...

Or would they prefer everyone to throw in the towel like Sol..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOV8mBjHHYg

That was his way out when reality dawned....!!
You say Clegg didn’t do a good job, he was defending someone who pleaded guilty to the Killing, the Jury took three days to decide and just by a whisper 10/2 majority, a verdict against a man admitting he had killed, he nearly got Tabak the lesser charge.  Three days of deliberation, Clegg did a good job I thought.

Offline [...]

« Reply #4967 on: June 07, 2019, 07:06:04 PM »
You say Clegg didn’t do a good job, he was defending someone who pleaded guilty to the Killing, the Jury took three days to decide and just by a whisper 10/2 majority, a verdict against a man admitting he had killed, he nearly got Tabak the lesser charge.  Three days of deliberation, Clegg did a good job I thought.

Well if you have any connection to the judiciary you are hardly going to say he was appalling at his job are you... One cannot be seen bringing the Judiciary into disrepute now can one... !

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4968 on: June 07, 2019, 07:14:29 PM »
Well if you have any connection to the judiciary you are hardly going to say he was appalling at his job are you... One cannot be seen bringing the Judiciary into disrepute now can one... !
Prosecution call defence and defence call the prosecution all the time..  A defendant can make an appeal if he thinks he wasn’t represented correctly, he has 21 days to lodge an appeal.  Tabak would have been told this and advised, because Tabak pleaded guilty, he could only appeal the murder charge or the length of sentence I’m afraid, would have been extremely hard to appeal a  guilty plea.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 07:17:23 PM by Real justice »

Offline [...]

« Reply #4969 on: June 07, 2019, 07:25:29 PM »
Prosecution call defence and defence call the prosecution all the time..  A defendant can make an appeal if he thinks he wasn’t represented correctly, he has 21 days to lodge an appeal.  Tabak would have been told this and advised, because Tabak pleaded guilty, he could only appeal the murder charge or the length of sentence I’m afraid, would have been extremely hard to appeal a  guilty plea.

Yes... so that being the point of pleading guilty.... ?? (No appeal)??

It is what it is Real.... People have no power at all, no-one has the ability to change anything, the job is royally screwed...

And soon the media will have their ability to report restricted the way things are going... So what is the point....

The few have got their day.... Forever it seems, shame the dog never got his!

Never mind eh...   8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(

jixy

« Reply #4970 on: June 07, 2019, 07:27:48 PM »
Jo will never  have her day again will she?

Offline [...]

« Reply #4971 on: June 07, 2019, 07:29:09 PM »
Jo will never  have her day again will she?

Shame CJ never thought about that whilst having a netflix production made... 

Offline APRIL

« Reply #4972 on: June 07, 2019, 07:32:09 PM »

All this cant you've subjected us to is for one reason and one reason only. You  -who seemingly knows nothing of the rules which have to be followed before someone is taken to court- refuse to allow that a man who's confessed his guilt is telling the truth. Indeed, SO uncertain do you appear to be about numerous points that you'd probably be prepared to believed that the ducking stool had been bought out of retirement for the sole use of Tabak. That being so, it WILL be as you posited, Tabak -if he'd ever been real- won't exist because he'll be dead and you'll have been right all along. Only the guilty floated.

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4973 on: June 07, 2019, 07:34:04 PM »

It is what it is Real.... People have no power at all, no-one has the ability to change anything, the job is royally screwed...

And soon the media will have their ability to report restricted the way things are going... So what is the point....

Tabak was tried with our Law that has been present long before you and I, the world was once the envy of our judicial system Nine.  Me and you will not change a thing, all we can debate is the Law as it stands, debating what is right and wrong within our judicial system is another topic.

There are several areas I don’t like about our judicial system, I would personally like the Jury to be made aware of past sexual offences if the defendant is on charge again for a similar offence.

jixy

« Reply #4974 on: June 07, 2019, 07:35:31 PM »

you actually make me sick! pity Tabak didnt think before he took her life!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4975 on: June 07, 2019, 07:44:11 PM »

That’s what the leveson Inquiry was all about Nine, press intrusion, I don’t think it has done much though, look what happened to Cliff Richard.  One good thing came out of it though, they don’t use bail as much now, they tend to release suspects Under Investigation, this is what they now they call it.  Similar to bail, all it means is the investigation is ongoing.  Can still have restrictions though.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #4976 on: June 07, 2019, 07:48:46 PM »

What does CJ have to hide himself away for? HE didn't take anyone's life.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4977 on: June 07, 2019, 08:02:14 PM »
Two Different Categories... So how are you guilty of one and on trial for the other, and everyone knows you apparently pled guilty to manslaughter....

The Justice system is Real's bucket of holes!

He has never bee found guilty of manslaughter!! That's what he ADMITTED to (FFS!!  @)(++(* @)(++(*)

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4978 on: June 07, 2019, 08:04:47 PM »
I understand the difference between Manslaughter and Murder, that was never my issue...

My issue, was that.... We the public knew that Dr Vincent Tabak had apparently pled guilty to manslaughter in May 2011..  If a plea was accepted that should be the end of the matter..

The prosecution didn't want to accept it, but to be honest i thought that was the judges decision... Anyway...

Knowing that Dr Vincent Tabak was facing trial in October 2011, NO_ONE should have been aware of the plea until after the trial was over.... not before or during, no reminders day in and day out...

Therefore a man of presumed Innocence is facing trial... what he decides to say is another matter....

So the bit my tiny little mind doesn't compute, is how are we allowed to know that someone has pled guilty to a lesser charge when facing a more serious charge at trial, when the word "MANSLAUGHTER" is no different in some respects than Murder, circumstance etc, not a deliberate act.... Resulting in death all the same....

That is what I do not comprehend.... That is what I believe is unfair as a way to conduct a trial, that I believe is prejudicial to any trial...

WE SHOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN!!!

It's like a dessert, you make the cake and then add the topping.....   The topping hasn't hid the cake, it just enhanced it... A bit like the story on the stand!... That anyone could have told....

NO IT SHOULDN'T BE CAUSE THE STATE DIDN'T BELIEVE HIM AND TRIED HIM FOR MURDER!  Don't you think every murderer would try and get off with manslaughter it it were that easy! Seriously Nine, this is about as basic as it gets and if you can't grasp this, no wonder you're just chasing your tail!

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4979 on: June 07, 2019, 08:07:31 PM »
Very uncalled for Nine, you talk about press intrusion, yet you deny this man a chance to show something of the reality behind the grotesquely distorting mirror of the press.  His life wasn’t all about Tabak Nine, it was called the last honour of Christopher Jefferies, you don’t get this honourable man saying he’s very bitter about Tabak, the press intrusion happened to him because of what Tabak did.