Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509867 times)

Offline barrier

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #1575 on: May 03, 2019, 08:37:25 AM »
Yes. I'm a crap judge. I'm not precious. I won't sit here and start spewing about how right I am. I've learnt humility.
Doesn't disallow me from having an opinion or taking a stance. Like the old adage, opinions are like.......
I try to be rational, but it's not easy with this lifetime of baggage I'm carrying around.
I don't need unpicking, comment by comment, compromising answer by compromising answer. If you feel my opinions are invalid, so be it.

Got to be like Cliff, man

"Got no bags and baggage to slow me down,
I'm travellin' so fast my feet ain't touchin' the ground,
Travellin' light, travellin' light",
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline The General

« Reply #1576 on: May 03, 2019, 08:39:03 AM »
Got to be like Cliff, man

"Got no bags and baggage to slow me down,
I'm travellin' so fast my feet ain't touchin' the ground,
Travellin' light, travellin' light",
Bless him. Good old Cliff.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1577 on: May 03, 2019, 09:39:28 AM »

How do you decide when to believe  parents

In a criminal investigation you are searching for facts. Unless something a witness says is independently confirmed it isn't a fact. Therefore it can't be believed. That doesn't mean it should be disbelieved either. It means both possibilities remain on the table.

The receotionist Helder Luis, for exanple, said he telephoned the GNR  between 21:30 and 22:00. Should we believe him?

The Millenium barman Nelson Rodriguez said he telephoned Luis de Barros and that phone call is recorded, therefore I believe him.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1578 on: May 03, 2019, 09:45:11 AM »
In a criminal investigation you are searching for facts. Unless something a witness says is independently confirmed it isn't a fact. Therefore it can't be believed. That doesn't mean it should be disbelieved either. It means both possibilities remain on the table.

The receotionist Helder Luis, for exanple, said he telephoned the GNR  between 21:30 and 22:00. Should we believe him?

The Millenium barman Nelson Rodriguez said he telephoned Luis de Barros and that phone call is recorded, therefore I believe him.

No.. You sort the wheat from the chaff... And I think you are quite wrong... The police have to decide who they think is telling the truth based on the evidence.. Based on your thinking no case, would ever progress... Do we know Ben Needhams grandmother is telling the truth.. No independent verification

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1579 on: May 03, 2019, 10:14:03 AM »
No.. You sort the wheat from the chaff... And I think you are quite wrong... The police have to decide who they think is telling the truth based on the evidence.. Based on your thinking no case, would ever progress... Do we know Ben Needhams grandmother is telling the truth.. No independent verification

how ridiculous is that really to sort the wheat from the chaff

So let us say they are looking at woke and wandered - is that the wheat

If so that means the blowing curtains open window is the chaff

The very thing that told kmc  Maddie had been abducted is chaff then. so not true it seems as to your calculation

Only one of them would be right - not both scenarios

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1580 on: May 03, 2019, 10:16:27 AM »

how ridiculous is that really to sort the wheat from the chaff

So let us say they are looking at woke and wandered - is that the wheat

If so that means the blowing curtains open window is the chaff

The very thing that told kmc  Maddie had been abducted is chaff then. so not true it seems as to your calculation

Only one of them would be right - not both scenarios

It's quite a simple procedure... I'm sure the police understand if you dont

Offline barrier

« Reply #1581 on: May 03, 2019, 10:33:34 AM »

I'm sure theres a Ben Needham section on the JF board,but what is it the Grandmother said that you wish to drag into the McCann case that might have a bearing.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1582 on: May 03, 2019, 10:35:42 AM »

I'm sure the police form opinions just like everyone else. What they should avoid is allowing their opinions to become firm beliefs. The first investigators didn't believe what they were told about when MBM was last seen, for example. They thought 17:30 was independently verified by Cat Baker. The evidence given by DP and GMc relating to 18:40 and 21:05 was qualified by 'if'.

By contrast we have OG making assumptions. Simon Foy said:

"It was perfectly clear to us that the McCanns themselves had nothing at all  to do with the actual disappearance....It was just obvious..from..you know..that everything stacked up that they were, you know, they were where they were when the child went missing"
Podcast; Gomcalo Amaral 23:30

In my opinion that is a nonsensiclal statement. Foy is assuming that he knew the time at which MBM went missing. He didn't.

FYI; I have no intention of commenting on the Needhan case.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1583 on: May 03, 2019, 10:50:59 AM »
I'm sure theres a Ben Needham section on the JF board,but what is it the Grandmother said that you wish to drag into the McCann case that might have a bearing.

I'm not dragging anyone in... If we are going to discuss police procedure then we have to see the McCann case in context

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1584 on: May 03, 2019, 10:53:55 AM »
I'm sure the police form opinions just like everyone else. What they should avoid is allowing their opinions to become firm beliefs. The first investigators didn't believe what they were told about when MBM was last seen, for example. They thought 17:30 was independently verified by Cat Baker. The evidence given by DP and GMc relating to 18:40 and 21:05 was qualified by 'if'.

By contrast we have OG making assumptions. Simon Foy said:

"It was perfectly clear to us that the McCanns themselves had nothing at all  to do with the actual disappearance....It was just obvious..from..you know..that everything stacked up that they were, you know, they were where they were when the child went missing"
Podcast; Gomcalo Amaral 23:30

In my opinion that is a nonsensiclal statement. Foy is assuming that he knew the time at which MBM went missing. He didn't.

FYI; I have no intention of commenting on the Needhan case.

If you don't wish to discuss other cases then fine.... But then dint say in other cases it's usually the parents who are responsible... Let's keep all other cases out  ...then you have no understanding of usual police practice.. Which I don't believe you do

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1585 on: May 03, 2019, 11:14:42 AM »
I'm not dragging anyone in... If we are going to discuss police procedure then we have to see the McCann case in context

Police procedure? Is that what you think you're discussing?  What I see is an assertion that the police decide who they believe. To support your assertion you are trying to say that SYP decided to believe someone in another case. You offer no evidence to support this, so I see it as an inverified guess.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1586 on: May 03, 2019, 11:17:06 AM »
Police procedure? Is that what you think you're discussing?  What I see is an assertion that the police decide who they believe. To support your assertion you are trying to say that SYP decided to believe someone in another case. You offer no evidence to support this, so I see it as an inverified guess.

I'm saying the police have to decide who they believe based in the evidence... It's, what they do in general as I could show citing other cases... But you don't want to consider other cases

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1587 on: May 03, 2019, 11:52:46 AM »
I'm saying the police have to decide who they believe based in the evidence... It's, what they do in general as I could show citing other cases... But you don't want to consider other cases

I don't think forming beliefs plays any part in recommended police procedures, whatever you choose to believe. I notice you don't comment on Foy's account of how OG ruled out parental involvement. I'm not surprised being as it began with a false premise which OG itself later destrpyed; that they knew what time Madeleine disappeared,
Result = happy posting.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1588 on: May 03, 2019, 11:54:14 AM »
I’m excercising my freedom of speech, something that is held in such high esteem in your adopted country that it trumps the right to a good name and reputation.  Deal with it.

There you go again.  Another dollop of rudeness.

Here it is called maleducado, meaning bad mannered, literally badly educated.

What's the word for it in your country?  I'd guess it's something significantly stronger than rude or impolite.

However, if that is how you wish to portray yourself, that is your choice.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1589 on: May 03, 2019, 12:25:20 PM »
I don't think forming beliefs plays any part in recommended police procedures, whatever you choose to believe. I notice you don't comment on Foy's account of how OG ruled out parental involvement. I'm not surprised being as it began with a false premise which OG itself later destrpyed; that they knew what time Madeleine disappeared,

Of course they do... The police have to decide... Based on the evidence who is telling the truth... I've commented on foys before and will do so again from my PC... I think sceptics just twist foys words to suit there aganda