Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509864 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #4035 on: June 09, 2019, 07:00:53 PM »
So what we're landing on here is because they didn't get one, they're rubbish anyway.
Maybe they didn't get one because they didn't want to hear the kids whinging all night?
Maybe, or maybe they knew that they simply don’t work very well outdoors, and that regular checks though more effort are usually more reliable. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4036 on: June 09, 2019, 07:01:43 PM »
That is a definition of struggling.

Care to have another go?
No,  I am not struggling, and you are attacking me for no reason.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 07:42:39 PM by slartibartfast »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4037 on: June 09, 2019, 07:06:22 PM »
No,  I am not struggling, and you are attacking me for no reason.

Eeek.  Wheels came off the bus.

Report me.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 07:42:52 PM by slartibartfast »
What's up, old man?

Offline The General

« Reply #4038 on: June 09, 2019, 07:19:18 PM »
Maybe, or maybe they knew that they simply don’t work very well outdoors, and that regular checks though more effort are usually more reliable.
Equally, locking the back door would ensure reliability.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4039 on: June 09, 2019, 07:26:07 PM »
Equally, locking the back door would ensure reliability.
Not really.  Locking thr back door may reduce risk but not provide surety about anything.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4040 on: June 09, 2019, 07:26:40 PM »
Eeek.  Wheels came off the bus.

Report me.
It’s really not worth the effort. 

Offline The General

« Reply #4041 on: June 09, 2019, 07:29:55 PM »
Not really.  Locking thr back door may reduce risk but not provide surety about anything.
Of course it would. It would make it much harder for Jimmy to get in. It might even deter Jimmy altogether.
An open door, however, is Merry Christmas, Jimbo*

*if Jimmy exists

Offline The General

« Reply #4042 on: June 09, 2019, 07:37:23 PM »
It would provide surety that it reduced the risk, wouldn’t it?
Of course it would. The extent some supporters will compromise themselves to defend or excuse this litany of deplorable decisions amuses me.
Simple risk assessment. You're not eliminating the risk, you're mitigating it - lock the door, ffs. If you don't, then you don't mitigate risk at all - and we're back to acts or omissions of a reasonable person.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4043 on: June 09, 2019, 07:42:22 PM »
It was abject stupidity. Any one of the children could have been sick and choked or succumbed to smoke inhalation following a house fire.  You never ever leave young children alone for any more than a few minutes. At least David Payne had the forethought to bring a child monitor with him.
Can you hear a child choking over a baby monitor?   You'd need one monitor per child to be really safe IMO.  And then your ear would have to be glued to it all the time.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4044 on: June 09, 2019, 07:44:55 PM »
Of course it would. The extent some supporters will compromise themselves to defend or excuse this litany of deplorable decisions amuses me.
Simple risk assessment. You're not eliminating the risk, you're mitigating it - lock the door, ffs. If you don't, then you don't mitigate risk at all - and we're back to acts or omissions of a reasonable person.

they were wrong to do what they did....I wouldnt do it...but i understand why they did it

Offline The General

« Reply #4045 on: June 09, 2019, 07:45:29 PM »
Can you hear a child choking over a baby monitor?   You'd need one monitor per child to be really safe IMO.  And then your ear would have to be glued to it all the time.
Are we saying that a baby monitor is useless? What was Payne thinking? Idiot.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4046 on: June 09, 2019, 07:45:45 PM »
It was abject stupidity. Any one of the children could have been sick and choked or succumbed to smoke inhalation following a house fire.  You never ever leave young children alone for any more than a few minutes. At least David Payne had the forethought to bring a child monitor with him.

It seems plenty of people do it; goodness knows what else goes on. It was DP's fault they were all running up and down, but he didn't have to do it. Although Gerry thought he did on Wednesday for some reason.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline The General

« Reply #4047 on: June 09, 2019, 07:46:41 PM »
they were wrong to do what they did....I wouldnt do it...but i understand why they did it
I do mate, so they didn't have to walk all the way round to the front.
They must have been gutted when they found the patio door only locked from the inside.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4048 on: June 09, 2019, 07:50:26 PM »
I do mate, so they didn't have to walk all the way round to the front.
They must have been gutted when they found the patio door only locked from the inside.

I dont want to get into pointless discussions so just take thsi as my opinion....they said early on that he raeson they didnt use the front door was because it was noisy and could have woken the children

Offline The General

« Reply #4049 on: June 09, 2019, 07:52:42 PM »
I dont want to get into pointless discussions so just take thsi as my opinion....they said early on that he raeson they didnt use the front door was because it was noisy and could have woken the children
I reckon my reason is the reason.