Author Topic: Were the Gaspar statements nothing more than a red herring?  (Read 31952 times)

Offline misty

Re: Were the Gaspar statements nothing more than a red herring?
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2015, 08:59:12 PM »

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/Gaspar.htm

3911 to 3915 Witness statement of Katherina Zacharias Gaspar 2007.05.16

TRANSLATIONS BY INES

13 Processos Vol XIII  Pages 3911 to 3915

Final revised translation

Translation [PJ] done by C.R.F.E.

Note: Retroversion from the Portuguese translation
___________________________________________________________________________________________

What is a "final revised translation" as done by Ines?

ferryman

« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2015, 09:02:06 PM »
If you do not realise then there is no point in explaining

They are.

Sorry, quoted the wrong post.  I had intended quoting this, from Davel:

Leicestershire police didn't do the translating. I would want to see the original of such a controversial document as the accusations in it are ridiculous

Dr David Payne has been traduced, beyond question

But arising from the "Gaspar incident", I'm unsure he's the only (doctor) to be so.

Who seriously believes that anyone (and particularly a doctor) harbouring the suspicions Mrs G is purported to have harboured would allow the man who is the subject of her suspicions to bath her daughter?

Anyone?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:09:45 PM by ferryman »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2015, 09:14:17 PM »
We all think doctors are proactive, but I still puzzle over Kate McCann and Fiona Payne doing nothing about those comatose twins.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2015, 09:18:50 PM »
We all think doctors are proactive, but I still puzzle over Kate McCann and Fiona Payne doing nothing about those comatose twins.

I don't

Online Eleanor

« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2015, 09:24:19 PM »
This Thread is a spin off about The Gaspar Statements..  Have the courtesy to stick to the topic, please.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2015, 11:00:14 PM »
They are.

Sorry, quoted the wrong post.  I had intended quoting this, from Davel:

Dr David Payne has been traduced, beyond question

But arising from the "Gaspar incident", I'm unsure he's the only (doctor) to be so.

Who seriously believes that anyone (and particularly a doctor) harbouring the suspicions Mrs G is purported to have harboured would allow the man who is the subject of her suspicions to bath her daughter?

Anyone?

There is a witness who overheard Gerry blaming paedos for taking her only an hour or so after the alarm.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline John

« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2015, 05:15:52 AM »
Fourth thread down in the noname forum:

http://www.stopthemyths.info/index.php

Thank you for the link ferryman.  Part of the response from LP appears to be as shown below but I fail to see how any of this undermines the validity of the statements?

It is interesting that LP deemed certain matters to be of sufficient relevance that they were passed to the MPS.

http://www.stopthemyths.info/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=5639
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 05:27:34 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Lace

« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2015, 09:51:24 AM »

UK police chief hits back at Portuguese detective’s claims
8 November 2009 | Posted by astro
The head of Leicestershire Police has rejected claims from a former Portuguese detective that his officers withheld a witness statement from the Madeleine McCann inquiry.

Chris Eyre, the Temporary Chief Constable, said “I can assure you that at no time were statements withheld and not passed on.”

Goncalo Amaral, the Algarve detective who was removed the inquiry early on, made his claim in a book, which is now banned.

Mr Eyre responded after Freedom of Information requests were submitted by the Sunday Express.

A team of Leicestershire family officers went to Portugal on 5 May 2007 to support the McCanns.

It has also emerged that the Foreign Office has withheld details about the investigation so as not to damage relations between Britain and Portugal.

An individual submitted Freedom of Information requests to get details of negotiations by John Buck, Britain’s former ambassador to Portugal.

The then Information Commissioner Richard Thomas refused in case it caused Portugal to lose trust in Britain’s discretion.

in: Sunday Express, 08.11.2009, paper edition only

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/ ... guese.html
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:13:51 AM by Lace »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2015, 11:21:12 AM »
Thank you for the link ferryman.  Part of the response from LP appears to be as shown below but I fail to see how any of this undermines the validity of the statements?

It is interesting that LP deemed certain matters to be of sufficient relevance that they were passed to the MPS.

http://www.stopthemyths.info/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=5639

"The statements on the internet attributed to Dr Gaspar" ... interesting choice of wording.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2015, 01:03:16 PM »
Now the question is, what did SY do with the statements........................... &%+((£

Offline jassi

« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2015, 01:09:21 PM »
Now the question is, what did SY do with the statements........................... &%+((£

It is likely that we shall never know.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Online Eleanor

« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2015, 01:14:34 PM »

Copies were sent to The PJ who translated them into Portuguese.  The UK Police will still have the originals, in English.

Offline mercury

« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2015, 11:58:52 PM »
I dont believe DP and GM were holding a conversation about Madeleine in a sexual context...Madeleine was TWO at the time and even she were older it still does not gel and is qute sick

I think KG had a creepy feeling about DP for whatever reason and it went out of hand after that

ferryman

« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2015, 09:28:04 AM »
I believe the Euro Weekly News revealed the details of the Gaspar statement yet I don't remember ..... ....... or for that matter Gerry demanding a retraction. Does that mean it was true ?

[Editor comment...

Posts which breach the forum rules will be edited or removed]

The Gaspar statements were far worse than that.

They were a travesty of justice that impugned two doctors: Doctor David Payne and Dr Katrina Gaspar.

But not a third, Katrina Gaspar's husband (whose first name eludes me).

ferryman

« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2015, 09:39:59 AM »

It's not true that she did nothing.

She monitored them regularly, and (distressed and worried as she was about Madeleine) made (I'm sure) a sound clinical judgement that the twins were not in danger.

The proof of the pudding is that the twins, today, are fine.