Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413734 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #1260 on: January 03, 2014, 07:23:32 PM »
amaral has had his 15 minutes of fame..hes finished imo

Offline jassi

« Reply #1261 on: January 03, 2014, 07:32:24 PM »
amaral has had his 15 minutes of fame..hes finished imo

If this is so, why do you make such a big deal of it?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1262 on: January 03, 2014, 07:53:46 PM »
If this is so, why do you make such a big deal of it?

im not..you are

Offline jassi

« Reply #1263 on: January 03, 2014, 08:00:27 PM »
im not..you are

@)(++(*  Hardly - I'm not fussed either way and I'm quite happy to await the judge's verdict.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1264 on: January 03, 2014, 08:02:25 PM »
@)(++(*  Hardly - I'm not fussed either way and I'm quite happy to await the judge's verdict.

As am i

ferryman

« Reply #1265 on: January 03, 2014, 08:08:04 PM »
A fundamental tenet of Amaral's thesis is that the McCanns drove Madeleine somewhere dead in the car.

That is disproved.

What else is there?

Redblossom

« Reply #1266 on: January 03, 2014, 08:09:15 PM »
A fundamental tenet of Amaral's thesis is that the McCanns drove Madeleine somewhere dead in the car.

That is disproved.

What else is there?

the trial is not about the polices theories, keep up.....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1267 on: January 03, 2014, 08:10:27 PM »
the trial is not about the polices theories, keep up.....

no its about if amaral told lies

Offline John

« Reply #1268 on: January 03, 2014, 08:34:52 PM »
Can you elaborate on this John?

If this is indeed a risk, it begs once more the question of why on earth they embarked on this trial.

They were foolish to persue this case against Gonçalo Amaral while Madeleine remains a 'disappeared'.  If she had been found alive they would have had a case but as it stands I don't believe they can prove a libel.  Instead, all they have managed to do is to promote Amaral plc to an even greater extent.

As far as hindering the worldwide search is concerned I believe his book improved the chances of her being found.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:39:44 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Redblossom

« Reply #1269 on: January 03, 2014, 08:46:39 PM »
They were foolish to persue this case against Gonçalo Amaral while Madeleine remains a 'disappeared'.  If she had been found alive they would have had a case but as it stands I don't believe they can prove a libel.  Instead, all they have managed to do is to promote Amaral plc to an even greater extent.

As far as hindering the worldwide search is concerned I believe his book improved the chances of her being found.

Tend to agree with that and also how can they prove he libelled them when Madeleine just remains disappeared! and the case unsolved. And not forgetting the interim police report and the final legal summary....which concluded they have no idea of what crime was committed or by who albeit the PP did say something along the lines of it being difficult to see how the mccanns were involved, but still, no clearance or resolution

Eta

I must also say that had she been found alive post the book...it wouldnt have changed anything as that is what Mr Amaral thought at the time......and also something the investigation did not refute at any time.....

people should read what the higher court said too, and reread

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2168.0
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:52:38 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1270 on: January 03, 2014, 08:52:46 PM »
Tend to agree with that and also how can they prove he libelled them when Madeleine just remains disappeared! and the case unsolved. And not forgetting the interim police report and the final legal summary....which concluded they have no idea of what crime was committed or by who albeit the PP did say something along the lines of it being difficult to see how the mccanns were involved, but still, no clearance or resolution

wishful thinking...I think it goes without saying that the book would have been deemed libellous according to uk law...thats why it was never published here... I don't know Portuguese libel law but the fact that amaral has tried to delay the case several times makes me think hes worried..looks good for the McCanns imo..but who knows

ferryman

« Reply #1271 on: January 03, 2014, 08:53:09 PM »
If it can be proved that key aspects of the investigation were incompetent (I believe it can be proved) then Amaral based his thesis on an incompetent investigation, rendering his claims untenable.

Redblossom

« Reply #1272 on: January 03, 2014, 08:55:58 PM »
If it can be proved that key aspects of the investigation were incompetent (I believe it can be proved) then Amaral based his thesis on an incompetent investigation, rendering his claims untenable.

Thats called desperation.......imo?..and too late

Offline John

« Reply #1273 on: January 03, 2014, 08:59:04 PM »

Maybe you have forgotten that the investigation was frustrated by the actions of several individuals who thought they could do a better job and only ended up scaring off witnesses.  I believe that had Gonçalo Amaral not been removed from the case he would have had certain people indicted on charges of interfering with a missing person inquiry.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:03:25 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1274 on: January 03, 2014, 09:01:16 PM »

not important ...depends solely on Portuguese law...amaral accuses the mccanns of covering up an accident and disposing of the body...he has no proof...that is libel in uk courts ..is it libel in Portugal..perhaps...as I have said amaral has been hiding so perhaps it is