Author Topic: Luke Mitchell Theories  (Read 98690 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Luke Mitchell Theories
« Reply #255 on: September 19, 2019, 01:27:50 PM »
Caught in the lie

Sandra Lean states here: http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg452006.html#msg452006
Luke spoke to his mum before 16.30 and therefore before the exchange of texts between his and Judith's phones at 16.34 - 16.38 and he called the speaking clock at 16.54.
His mum came home at 17.15, according to all three of the Mitchell family, and dinner was ready (This time is also supported by CCTV of Corinne leaving her work, stopping in at a local shop and reconstruction timings of the journey between the three places.)

According to Luke Mitchell his mother helped him finish off making dinner and according to Corrine Mitchells evidence given during trial, and depending on what version you believe, Luke asked her if he should cook broccoli.

She said Luke asked her if he should cook broccoli to accompany their meal, but then heated some beans instead

Shane Mitchell said his brother was standing at the cooker “mashing tatties.”

Yet “The High Court in Edinburgh heard that his mother had given a statement the previous day also claiming that Luke was in the kitchen that evening "cooking pies and mashing potatoes (Note: no mention of the broccoli/bean story)

So dinner couldn’t have been ready as Sandra Lean claims.

She also stated here http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg451997.html#msg451997
Luke called his mum's work at either 4.15 or 4.25pm (I'll have to check the phone logs to confirm which one) to ask what to cook for tea. There's no requirement for store bought pies to be defrosted - they're usually cooked from frozen and take around 30 - 45 minutes to cook - if Luke put the pies in the oven after the phone call to his mum, they'd be ready for 5.15pm - maybe he put them on the top shelf instead of the middle, or maybe he set the temperature a bit too high.

There are several anomalies with this particular version of events, not only with timings but linked to the broccoli, tatties, bean and chicken and/or steak pie stories. Who’s version of events should be believed? Why did Luke need to ask his mother when she got home if he should cook broccoli or beans? Hadn’t he already telephoned her to ask what to cook for dinner? He was an intelligent lad remember; could hold his own when interrogated by the police

Yet Shane Mitchell said; “Luke was standing at the cooker mashing tatties. I could smell burnt steak pies. I did not mention the smell because I did not want to insult him.

According to Luke Mitchell his mother helped him finish off making dinner and according to Corrine Mitchells evidence given during trial, and depending on what version you believe, Luke asked her if he should cook broccoli.[/i]

“She said Luke asked her if he should cook broccoli to accompany their meal, but then heated some beans instead

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg455728.html#msg455728

The “brandishing broccoli” story wasn’t what Corrine Mitchell told her sons murder trial this story was told later on an internet forum

Corrine Mitchell
When I got home I went directly to the kitchen where I was confronted by Luke brandishing the broccoli! He asked if it should be that colour (it was turning yellowy) and I said no......bin the broccoli! He decided on beans instead...as it was a Monday and I do my weekly shop on a Tuesday there wasn't any other fresh vegetables left.

Both Luke and I served up. I told Luke to shout Shane down as he was upstairs. Shane came down, complained to Luke he had burnt the pie, I told him it could be scraped off, it wasn't that bad. Shane returned upstairs armed with his dinner. Luke ate his in front of the TV and I decided to have mine on the patio as I had been cooped up in my office all day and not seen any sun.

After eating dinner I was preparing to do the dishes when Luke came into the kitchen and said that that was him off. I joked with him and said.....don't tell me ...your seeing Jodi....as by this time Jodi had become more favourable than the cadets. I also suggested to him that he introduced his clothes to the washing machine as he had worn them for a couple of days. I got the usual teenage response......Och mum!.....and "this is Jodi’s favourite t-shirt" I replied it wouldn't be much longer if it didn't get washed and with that I got another "Och".....I'm off, see you later!

Shane came and went most of the evening, which I found quite irritating! I had stopped smoking, due to pressure from Shane, and had discovered that tracking and smoking don't go as it involves a lot of running, but by this time I was having the odd sneaky one due to pressure at work. This is our busiest time. Every time I went to "light up" Shane appeared and nearly caught me. Then just as I was safe in the knowledge that Shane was engrossed in his computer......Lit up fag.......Luke comes in.......I never got a sneaky cig that night. The rest is on the time~line. Hope this helps.

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg22813.html#msg22813
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 01:36:59 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #256 on: September 19, 2019, 01:38:26 PM »
Corrine Mitchell
When I got home I went directly to the kitchen where I was confronted by Luke brandishing the broccoli! He asked if it should be that colour (it was turning yellowy) and I said no......bin the broccoli! He decided on beans instead...as it was a Monday and I do my weekly shop on a Tuesday there wasn't any other fresh vegetables left.

Both Luke and I served up. I told Luke to shout Shane down as he was upstairs. Shane came down, complained to Luke he had burnt the pie, I told him it could be scraped off, it wasn't that bad. Shane returned upstairs armed with his dinner. Luke ate his in front of the TV and I decided to have mine on the patio as I had been cooped up in my office all day and not seen any sun.

After eating dinner I was preparing to do the dishes when Luke came into the kitchen and said that that was him off. I joked with him and said.....don't tell me ...your seeing Jodi....as by this time Jodi had become more favourable than the cadets. I also suggested to him that he introduced his clothes to the washing machine as he had worn them for a couple of days. I got the usual teenage response......Och mum!.....and "this is Jodi’s favourite t-shirt" I replied it wouldn't be much longer if it didn't get washed and with that I got another "Och".....I'm off, see you later!

Shane came and went most of the evening, which I found quite irritating! I had stopped smoking, due to pressure from Shane, and had discovered that tracking and smoking don't go as it involves a lot of running, but by this time I was having the odd sneaky one due to pressure at work. This is our busiest time. Every time I went to "light up" Shane appeared and nearly caught me. Then just as I was safe in the knowledge that Shane was engrossed in his computer......Lit up fag.......Luke comes in.......I never got a sneaky cig that night. The rest is on the time~line. Hope this helps.

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg22813.html#msg22813

Sounds to me Corrine Mitchell attempted to rewrite history by claiming Luke said “this is Jodi’s favourite t-shirt” before heading off out to meet her..

Same applies to “wouldn't be much longer if it didn't get washed

She wants the reader to believe her version of events which reminds me of how Michelle Diskin Bates and Mike Bourke have written about the Barry George case:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9318.msg556245#msg556245
I did notice over time a tendency in him to be a bit of a hypochondriac. Unfortunately he had a side to him which I had not been very aware of. I always thought of him as a more or less harmless character who was a bit of a fantasist but that was not quite the case.

In early ’83 his mother told me that he was in prison on remand. At his trial in the Old Bailey he pleaded guilty to a serious offence in February 1982 and got thirty months in prison.

As Barry is once again trying to get on with his life I have decided not to go into the details which have received much press coverage but I do recall reading in a newspaper at the time that he initially denied it but that the detective tripped him up by asking him if he spoke any German. Barry replied ‘Ich Verstain’, (I understand). It appears that he used the same expression to the unfortunate victim who was a student studying German.

So it would seem that a clever detective had no trouble in tripping him up and getting to the truth. He served his time in Wormwood Scrubbs, Brixton and Grendon Underwood prisons.

I visited him a couple of times along with his mother and Eddie. He was free again by Christmas 1984 and he seemed to settle down after that.

He never spoke to me about the crime and I never asked but I read her own account in 2001 following his conviction for Jill Dando’s murder, and again in 2008 when she wrote that she doubted if Barry was a killer.

Barry had a 125cc motorbike in the summer of 1986 which I thought was surprising given his epilepsy.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 01:54:26 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Baz

« Reply #257 on: September 19, 2019, 03:18:27 PM »
I am annoyingly unable to comment on the Blue Forum as I forgot my password and the password reminder button does nothing. I have tried to make a new account but that doesn't work either.

But I just wanted to point out to anyone who reads both (and if you do maybe you can make this point for me there) that there have been numerous people saying that the moped being at the break in the wall never happened and has been disproved. However, I would like to point out that John [Name removed] himself admitted to it being at the v break in the wall where Jodi's body was found in his evidence given in court. I'm not saying he is the murderer, for the record. But that and his behaviour around the time makes him a suspect as much as Luke.

Offline Rusty

« Reply #258 on: September 20, 2019, 04:38:17 PM »
I am annoyingly unable to comment on the Blue Forum as I forgot my password and the password reminder button does nothing. I have tried to make a new account but that doesn't work either.

But I just wanted to point out to anyone who reads both (and if you do maybe you can make this point for me there) that there have been numerous people saying that the moped being at the break in the wall never happened and has been disproved. However, I would like to point out that John [Name removed] himself admitted to it being at the v break in the wall where Jodi's body was found in his evidence given in court. I'm not saying he is the murderer, for the record. But that and his behaviour around the time makes him a suspect as much as Luke.

That he did, but i don't think that is the argument that is being put across. To me it seems, they want to know, as has been claimed, that someone saw the moped at the V with the pair nowhere to be seen. A unnamed witness was the answer, from a car driving along the road. I don't know if you have been there, but it is impossible to see this V from a distance. It is simply not good enough, with no proof being provided to back this claim up.
I will also say, they seem to pick & choose what this pair has said as being true or false, whichever that suits an agenda, it is called double standards.
And i have absolutely no doubt, that this pair were suspects, but were eliminated, but again we are led to believe, there was no other suspects, or other were eliminated within days, its utter BS.

Offline Baz

« Reply #259 on: September 20, 2019, 04:48:52 PM »
That he did, but i don't think that is the argument that is being put across. To me it seems, they want to know, as has been claimed, that someone saw the moped at the V with the pair nowhere to be seen. A unnamed witness was the answer, from a car driving along the road. I don't know if you have been there, but it is impossible to see this V from a distance. It is simply not good enough, with no proof being provided to back this claim up.
I will also say, they seem to pick & choose what this pair has said as being true or false, whichever that suits an agenda, it is called double standards.
And i have absolutely no doubt, that this pair were suspects, but were eliminated, but again we are led to believe, there was no other suspects, or other were eliminated within days, its utter BS.

I honestly can not remember exactly the evidence [Name removed] gave in court. Did he claim that the moped wasn't there alone?
Also, how exactly were they eliminated? I've never seen any clear explanation as to how or when they were ruled out as suspects?

Offline Rusty

« Reply #260 on: September 20, 2019, 06:54:41 PM »
I honestly can not remember exactly the evidence [Name removed] gave in court. Did he claim that the moped wasn't there alone?
Also, how exactly were they eliminated? I've never seen any clear explanation as to how or when they were ruled out as suspects?

I can't remember exactly what he said, something along the lines, that him & his mate were on the path with his moped & he cannot remember what he was doing there. This claim has been made by SL that an witness(unnamed) who said the moped was there propped against the V alone, she has to sensationalize it by adding the words "nowhere to be seen" saying that adds some spice for the reader/viewer. Those on the blue forum, i suspect want evidence of the witness & how credible it is. Seems like she cannot provide that evidence, i don't see a problem with this, you simply cannot take one persons word for it.  I also personally suspect, SL has took [Name removed] evidence & twisted it into this unnamed witness story. Look on google maps, street view it. Start half-way on the Beeches Road, pan towards the path look over the field and the trees towards the path, which it what 300/400 yards? & tell me, without a doubt you can see any V let alone a wall, and then make out a moped propped against it alone. Then you can continue down Newbattle Road, and well not a hope in hell you can see any V from there. These are the only routes by car, that you could see the treeline that goes with this path.  It is madness. You also have to remember the cyclist never seen any moped or the duo.

I don't know exactly. But to suggest that these guys were not investigated properly & eliminated quickly, sorry, not buying that.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #261 on: September 21, 2019, 01:10:44 PM »
Sandra Lean states here:http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg455777.html#msg455777
He was 14 years old. His mother could have said, "You're not going out on your own at this time of night -

According to her interview with James English this is indeed what she said to Luke
(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ysPeri0O4not at this time you’re not laddie” something along those lines)

leave it to the adults",
We still don’t know why Corrine Mitchell allowed her 14 year old son Luke Mitchell to go out on his own searching that night and why she didn’t go with him as the question appears to have yet been answered.

But more importantly WHY, to date, does it appear Sandra Lean has not posed this question to Corrine Mitchell?

in which case, he'd have the perfect excuse (if he'd been the murderer) not to be anywhere near when Jodi was found.

Many murderers go back to or hang around the crime scene/deposition site - this is well documented.

What reason (something plausible and believable, please) would he have, in all of the circumstances that night, to "lead" the others to Jodi's body?
What reason would he have to murder [Name removed] in the first place?

People who murder in the way Luke Mitchell did aren’t wired like many of the rest of us. You’ll be hard pressed to find plausible or logically reasons to understand the workings of his mind.

Without a confession and full disclosure regarding how and why he chose to do what he did,  it’s unlikely we’ll ever know all the answers.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 01:14:46 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #262 on: September 21, 2019, 01:25:58 PM »
Sandra Lean states here:http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg455777.html#msg455777

LM: I told her mum I'd walk up the path. If I didn't find her there, I'd go to the house.
LM = Luke Mitchell

Sandra Lean might want to speak with Corrine and Luke Mitchell about the above as she (Corrine) stated during the James English interview Luke had arranged to go straight to Judith’s house to go through Jodi’s friends phone numbers.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ysPeri0O4

Sandra Lean states:
The relevant points: Jodi was believed to be planning to hang out in Easthouses/Mayfield.

Jodi was planning to meet Luke Mitchell. Again refer to Corrine Mitchell’s interview with James English. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ysPeri0O4

According to Corrine Mitchell Luke left their house to sit and wait for Jodi at the end of their street. Then according to Corrine Luke phoned his Mum to see if Jodi had turned up. According to Corrine Luke even asked his Mum if she was in the garden would she hear Jodi at the door. Corrine goes on to explain Mia would bark if someone came to the door..

Corrine claims Luke and Jodi didn’t have “exact arrangements but he took it she was coming down to our place.”
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 01:45:11 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #263 on: September 21, 2019, 02:45:24 PM »
Sandra Lean states here: http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg455777.html#msg455777

Janine Jones; "I knew it was something bad from the tone of his voice"
Janine Jones; "He [Luke] looked as if he was in shock. His eyes were wider than normal
Janine Jones; "Everyone was in hysterics"
Operator: "The laddie's in a bit of a panic ... "

Why did they claim at trial that there was no reaction from Luke - that he was completely emotionless?
Why did Janine Jones ask Kelly, on the way to the school car park, after the finding of Jodi's body, "Was she naked?"

Everyone was in hysterics” could well be a generalisation given the then circumstances at the time.

On reflection Janine Jones appears to have realised Luke Mitchell actually wasn’t in hysterics like the rest of them at the time.

The fact she didn’t amend her first statement for a month doesn’t mean she didn’t recognise “there was no reaction from Luke” say for example the day after she’d made her first statement.

There could be several reasons why there was a delay of a month before making the next witness statement, not least of all the fact her sister had been murdered.

Operator: "The laddie's in a bit of a panic ... " Luke Mitchell could have quite easily feigned “panic” After all he claimed to have urinated in bottles because he slept on the top bunk and it was more convenient than getting up to use the bathroom.

“John Beckett QC, representing the Crown, told Lords Hamilton, Osborne and Kingarth: "His explanation was that because he slept on top of a bunk bed it was more convenient to do that than to do anything else.
"It was to show that explanation was untrue. The new ones (bottles) came at a time when his position was that he was sleeping in the living room next to his mother, or something like that.
"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7247137.stm
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 02:55:08 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #264 on: September 22, 2019, 06:03:01 PM »
A break in the wall or THE break in the wall?

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg455808.html#msg455808

Reminds me of Jeremy Bamber referring to the gun

Sandra Lean states:
“So not just anywhere - at the break behind which Jodi's body was found. This isn't difficult.

Jodi’s body was not found immediately behind the V break in the wall

Did [Name removed] lie to the police or were his timings guesstimated?

Interesting to note Sandra Lean quoted from the following article https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/ex-drug-dealer-denies-he-was-behind-murder-of-cousin-jodi-1-563199
but what she quoted wasn’t quoted by the journalist who wrote the article. So was that their interpretation/summary of what was said in court?

Here is the full article with all quotes made bold

“A FORMER drug dealer denied repeatedly yesterday that he was the murderer of the Midlothian schoolgirl Jodi Jones.
John [Name removed], 18, told a jury that he regularly sold cannabis to Jodi’s boyfriend, Luke Mitchell, who is on trial accused of killing her.

The teenager, who said he was Jodi’s second cousin, said he had been on a path, near to where the girl’s body was found, on the evening of her death.

Under lengthy cross-examination by the defence QC, Donald Findlay, he agreed that after the death he changed his appearance by hacking off his hair, delayed in going to the police, mis-stated the time he had been at the path, and had been ostracised by some of Jodi’s family. Each time Mr Findlay asked if he had murdered Jodi, he replied: "No."

Mitchell, 16, denies repeatedly striking Jodi, 14, with a knife and murdering her on 30 June last year in a wooded area near Roan’s Dyke path, a short-cut between the Easthouses and Newbattle areas of Dalkeith. He says in special defences that it is believed the Crown will contend that Jodi was murdered between 5pm and 5:45pm and that he was elsewhere, and that she was killed by a person or persons unknown. Mitchell also denies unlawfully possessing a knife or knives, and supplying cannabis to Jodi and others.

Mr [Name removed] told the High Court in Edinburgh that he now lived in Ayrshire, but used to live in the Dalkeith area.

He admitted having supplied cannabis to friends and relatives, and said that Mitchell regularly bought the drug from him, and still owed him for his last purchase, on the day before Jodi’s death. He insisted that he had stopped dealing around Christmas last year.

Mr [Name removed] said he often saw Mitchell with knives. Once, Mitchell left a knife at a house and Mr [Name removed] took it home. He had handed it into the police after Jodi’s murder.

On the day of the killing he had ridden an old moped down Roan’s Dyke path to meet his cousin and close friend, Gordon [Name removed], at Newbattle. The court was told that witnesses in the area put the time of hearing a noisy moped and seeing two youths at or shortly after 5pm. Mr [Name removed] said the pair used the path on the return journey.

Mr Findlay asked what time Mr [Name removed] had told the police he and his cousin were heading up the path. The witness said: "Around five o’clock." Mr Findlay told him to be careful and asked again. He said: "Before five o’clock... I cannot exactly remember."

The QC read from a statement which said "about half-past four". He suggested that that time was about 45 minutes out, and asked for an explanation.

Mr [Name removed] said he had looked at a clock when he got into Mr [Name removed]’s house, and it said a quarter to five. It had been wrong. Mr Findlay continued: "You and [Name removed] may have been in the area at or about the time that Jodi may have been attacked, yet you saw nothing and heard nothing?" Mr [Name removed] answered: "No."

Mr Findlay: "You would have the jury believe you know nothing?"

Mr [Name removed]: "Yes."

The witness agreed that the moped had been stopped at a break in a wall, behind which Jodi’s body was discovered, and that he seemed to be "piling up a rather substantial list of coincidences". He said he did not know why he had not gone to the police for several days, nor told any of Jodi’s family he had been on the path that evening.

He added that he was supposed to go to Jodi’s home that night to see her brother, Joseph, but decided against it. Mr Findlay described that as "another remarkable coincidence".

Mr [Name removed] accepted that he had changed his appearance, by hacking at his curly hair. Asked why he had been so desperate to get rid of if, he replied: "I do not like curly hair."

He said he was no longer welcome at his grandmother’s house. He had been told by Jodi’s mother that "Joseph was going to batter me."

Mr Findlay, who suggested Mr [Name removed] would lie when it suited him, asked: "Did you murder Jodi? Did Gordon [Name removed] murder Jodi? Did the two of you together murder Jodi?"

To each question, Mr [Name removed] replied: "No."

The trial continues.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 07:18:47 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #265 on: September 22, 2019, 07:26:03 PM »
Sandra Lean states:
Now, for the record, one last time, none of this means [Name removed] or [Name removed] lied about knowing anything about Jodi's death. It means, plain and simple, they lied about the time they were on the path, well before the suggested time of death was fixed, well before a final leaving time for Jodi was set and somehow, their lie removed them from the path at precisely the time that would later be the exact claimed time of death.

That's important for a number of reasons. If they were there at 5.15pm (and they, themselves concede that they were) and they heard nothing, that would suggest Jodi was not being violently murdered just metres away. But it raises questions about why they lied to remove themselves at that particular time. Coincidence? Nobody's saying they killed Jodi (well, except Donald Findlay, maybe) but there are questions that need answering - a blind man in a hurry can see that.

When and where did “they, themselves concede that they were at the exact point of the wall behind which Jodi’s body lay?

The court was told that witnesses in the area put the time of hearing a noisy moped and seeing two youths at or shortly after 5pm. Mr [Name removed] said the pair used the path on the return journey.”

Shortly after 5.00pm could mean 5.01pm 5.02pm and it would have only taken seconds to get down the path on the moped.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 07:31:12 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2019, 07:20:40 AM »
Sandra Lean states:
Now, for the record, one last time, none of this means [Name removed] or [Name removed] lied about knowing anything about Jodi's death. It means, plain and simple, they lied about the time they were on the path, well before the suggested time of death was fixed, well before a final leaving time for Jodi was set and somehow, their lie removed them from the path at precisely the time that would later be the exact claimed time of death.

That's important for a number of reasons. If they were there at 5.15pm (and they, themselves concede that they were) and they heard nothing, that would suggest Jodi was not being violently murdered just metres away. But it raises questions about why they lied to remove themselves at that particular time. Coincidence? Nobody's saying they killed Jodi (well, except Donald Findlay, maybe) but there are questions that need answering - a blind man in a hurry can see that.

When and where did “they, themselves concede that they were at the exact point of the wall behind which Jodi’s body lay?

The court was told that witnesses in the area put the time of hearing a noisy moped and seeing two youths at or shortly after 5pm. Mr [Name removed] said the pair used the path on the return journey.”

Shortly after 5.00pm could mean 5.01pm 5.02pm and it would have only taken seconds to get down the path on the moped.

Sandra Lean states:
“Before we get any of the "it was a long time, how was he supposed to remember?" nonsense, they were pulled back in for questioning weeks later when it was discovered they lied about the time. The statement about Alice telling them not to go to the police was on the basis that they were "on the path too early" - so presumably, he lied to her about the time as well. He was able to tell the police approximately what time he arrived at [Name removed]'s, what time [Name removed]'s Jobcentre appointment was, but somehow, was reliant on a clock telling the wrong time to ascertain what time they got back to [Name removed]'s house? [Name removed] knew what time his Jobcentre appointment was. He knew what time he called [Name removed] to come and meet him. Should I continue?

they were pulled back in for questioning weeks later when it was discovered they lied about the time.” but aren’t the public being led to believe Luke Mitchell was the only suspect and no others were fully investigated?

Interesting use of the words “pulled back in for questioning” What does Sandra Lean mean here? Were they arrested or picked up by the police? Or were they contacted by telephone re their original statements and asked to go over their statements?

”At least five other witnesses to the time the two of them came through the Tool hire place and turned onto the path.

What about the witnesses who allegedly saw the moped parked at the V break in the wall?

Again it would have taken them seconds to get down the path on their bike. Seems as though the moped was never parked at the V after all?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 07:52:55 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Baz

« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2019, 11:37:01 AM »
The witness agreed that the moped had been stopped at a break in a wall, behind which Jodi’s body was discovered,

Again it would have taken them seconds to get down the path on their bike. Seems as though the moped was never parked at the V after all?

So you're arguing that [Name removed] was lying on the stand and that the moped wasn't stopped at the break in the wall?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2019, 02:14:44 PM »
So you're arguing that [Name removed] was lying on the stand and that the moped wasn't stopped at the break in the wall?

The problem with “the witness agreed that the moped had been stopped at a break in the wall, behind which Jodi’s body was discovered” is a quote taken from a newspaper - and appears to be the interpretation of the journalist who wrote the article?

Without having sight of trial transcripts in order to see exactly what was said it’s difficult to give a definitive conclusion.

The moped could have been stopped at the beginning of the path and wall as opposed to further down. As has already been established it’s not possible to see down the path as has been promoted in the past

There are several videos online that give an idea of the area

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/investigation-continuies-itn-scotland-dalkeith-ext-i-c-newsfootage/682861932?adppopup=true

but it should be remembered the jury were taken to the SOC for a walkabout plus a replica wall was built in order to give the court some idea as to the scale of said wall. (There are photos online but am unable to upload them)

Was Jodi’s body found behind this wall? https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/family-video-released-itn-ext-i-c-detective-inspector-tom-news-footage/682862314?adppopup=true&uiloc=thumbnail_more_search_results_adp

the witness agreed that the moped had been stopped at a break in the wall, behind which Jodi’s body was discovered”

No mention of the V break which Luke Mitchell initially climbed over. A break in the wall is not the same a the break in the wall imo

Plus an as the crow flies view from tool hire place to the V break in the wall will show it wasn’t possible to see the V break.

And Sandra Lean herself has already explained the V break wasn’t noticeable unless one knew where it was.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 02:25:38 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Baz

« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2019, 05:09:35 PM »
No mention of the V break which Luke Mitchell initially climbed over. A break in the wall is not the same a the break in the wall imo

Yes this is taken from a news report not a transcript but they are representing the actual words used in court and the question put to [Name removed] wasn't just "a break in the wall" but specifically mentions "behind which Jodi's body was discovered".

It seems like clutching at straws to say that he just meant the same wall but not the same break in the wall where Jodi was found. I am yet to see him be able to give any explanation as to why the bike was stopped there (or any other break in the wall!)