Author Topic: What did Kate McCann really see in the Children's Bedroom  (Read 57161 times)

Offline Robin Banks

Re: What did Kate McCann really see in the Children's Bedroom
« Reply #300 on: May 16, 2018, 08:04:21 PM »
Wrong again for that is exactly where it came from.  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm  "WEDNESDAY 09 APRIL 2008"

What Matt said here was nearly a year later, I would of imagined that in that time he went over the events of May the 3rd 2007 a thousand times over.  He has never mentioned the standing light.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #301 on: May 16, 2018, 08:06:19 PM »
Is there a cite for that?

Looking at it logically I would assume the standing  lamp is the obvious candidate for anyone using the patio door ~ it would illuminate the whole room.  I think somewhere it was said the bedroom door had been pulled over to cut the light from the lamp? if so the standing lamp is my candidate ... also did Matthew not browse some books?  Couldn't have done that in the dark.

Books that Matt looked at were next to the standing lamp.

Everything else was normal, the blinds, curtains and windows closed, very dark, there only being the light that came from the lounge.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm

there was a light behind us in the room and for some reason I thought, I got the impression of light coming through the doorway from behind me http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm

The standing lamp was behind him when he looked into the children's bedroom.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 08:13:11 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robin Banks

« Reply #302 on: May 16, 2018, 08:07:00 PM »
OK it could have been that reading lamp or the standing one but both appear to be inline with each other and capable to lighting up the kids bedroom.  In the photos that light appear switched off.  I find that strange that someone would switch the reading lamp off.

The photographers would put lights on and turn lights off to get the best perspective of the room.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #303 on: May 16, 2018, 08:17:43 PM »
The photographers would put lights on and turn lights off to get the best perspective of the room.

Remember to put "in your opinion" when it is opinion.  Without IMO you could be asked to provide cites.  I don't think you will be able to provide a cite for "the photographers would put lights on and turn lights off to get the best perspective of the room", so it seems to me to be your opinion. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robin Banks

« Reply #304 on: May 16, 2018, 08:26:36 PM »
Remember to put "in your opinion" when it is opinion.  Without IMO you could be asked to provide cites.  I don't think you will be able to provide a cite for "the photographers would put lights on and turn lights off to get the best perspective of the room", so it seems to me to be your opinion.

It was dark outside, without enough light in the room the photo would be unrecognizable, so yes in my opinion the person who took this photo put light on to get the best perspective of the room. 

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #305 on: May 17, 2018, 12:29:10 AM »
It was dark outside, without enough light in the room the photo would be unrecognizable, so yes in my opinion the person who took this photo put light on to get the best perspective of the room.
OK Lights were turned on but we don't know who did that surely?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #306 on: May 17, 2018, 06:50:25 AM »
OK Lights were turned on but we don't know who did that surely?

It is unknowable...IMO
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #307 on: May 18, 2018, 11:16:04 PM »
It is unknowable...IMO

But what we do know is:
Gerry looked in  the slightly open door and saw MBM on her bed- he never mentioned seeing the twins or mentioned their sleeping position?

Kate looked in  the slightly open door  NEVER and saw MBM on her bed- she  mentioned seeing the twins sleeping in their cots.

This added to Kate said she left MBM tucked up in bed it was a cold night
Gerry said he left MBM on top of the bed as it was warm...

Yeah I know.. They both forgot due to stress and stuff.. and like yeah OK already...

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Robin Banks

« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2018, 02:18:31 AM »
But what we do know is:
Gerry looked in  the slightly open door and saw MBM on her bed- he never mentioned seeing the twins or mentioned their sleeping position?

Kate looked in  the slightly open door  NEVER and saw MBM on her bed- she  mentioned seeing the twins sleeping in their cots.

This added to Kate said she left MBM tucked up in bed it was a cold night
Gerry said he left MBM on top of the bed as it was warm...

Yeah I know.. They both forgot due to stress and stuff.. and like yeah OK already...

Mmmmmm, scratching one's chin, so I'm going to end this evening with this little tune, it says it all really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEx_ByPS9xQ

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2018, 10:21:34 AM »
Mmmmmm, scratching one's chin, so I'm going to end this evening with this little tune, it says it all really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEx_ByPS9xQ

Oi ! what's your game then chief? That's my M.O you're half inching there.
Youtube clips at dawn tomorrow by The Rufus Stone, got it?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2018, 12:02:20 PM »
She didn't actually see Madeleine though, did she?  Madeleine wasn't there to be seen.

You are undoubtedly mistaken regarding the sequence of events.  Kate noticed the door was open further than it had been left ... she moved it to its usual position, in the process of which it slammed. She then opened it and looked into the room.

"I just noticed that the door … the bedroom door … where the three children were sleeping, was open much further than we’d left it.  I went to close it to about here, and as I got to here it suddenly slammed ... " Kate McCann
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhACS6ck-Dw
How did Kate know how the door had been left ? Gerry  might not have left it   on his alleged check  in the exact position  it was in when they both left the apartment  earlier ?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2018, 12:41:19 PM »
How did Kate know how the door had been left ? Gerry  might not have left it   on his alleged check  in the exact position  it was in when they both left the apartment  earlier ?

In my opinion it doesn't really matter.  The position of the door was not as she would have liked it being that it was not as she normally left it.

You know the scenario?  someone replaces your ornaments perhaps thinking they are exactly as was ... the immediate thing you notice is that they have been moved and are almost imperceptibly out of alignment and put them back into the exact preferred position.

It is precisely a matter of your choice.

If there was an inquest about it a timeline of movement might be established ... which is what happened once Madeleine was found to be missing.

In my opinion if that hadn't happened nobody would either have known or even cared if the door had been subject to being in different positions between checks.

When Kate noticed the position of the door she was in blissful ignorance it may have signified an intrusion.  In my opinion and in accordance with what she later said about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhACS6ck-Dw... she didn't give it a second thought ... and at that time, why would she?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 12:43:37 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2018, 01:17:50 PM »
I can't agree   with what you mention about  the door not being in a position she liked. Imo  she mentioned it to 
emphasise  her  insistence that Madeleine had been taken.
Why didn't she consider  Gerry had  forgotten how she liked the door  position ?     

Offline Robin Banks

« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2018, 04:24:47 PM »
Gerry's statement 4th May 2007.

The witness and his wife, between this time and 20.30 stayed in the apartment relaxing and drinking a glass of wine. After 20.30, the witness and his wife, after looking at the children, went to the Tapas Bar, about 50 metres away, where they had dinner.

Gerry's statement 10th May 2007.

At 19H30, the twins were already in their respective cots and MADELEINE in the bed next to the bedroom door. He does not know if they were asleep but from the silence he presumed that they were. As it was still early he took a bath, he thinks that KATE had already had one, they talked a little and drank wine or beer.

----- At 20H35, they left the apartment in the direction of the TAPAS. Before they left and because the children's bedroom door was ajar as always, he opened it a little more, listening from the outside and, as there was complete silence he did not enter, returning the door to its previous position, with a space of about 10cm.

----- He is certain that, before leaving home the children's bedroom was totally dark, with the window closed, but he does not know it was locked, the external blinds closed but with some slats open, and the curtains also drawn closed. Asked, he relates that during the night the artificial light coming in from the outside is very weak, because, without a light being on in the lounge or the kitchen, the visibility inside the bedroom is much reduced.

So on the 4th May they looked in the Children's bedroom before leaving for the Tapas bar,  in the statement of the 10th of May they leave for the Tapas bar without looking into the Children's bedroom.  He is certain that, before leaving home the children's bedroom was totally dark.  He also states there was no light on in the lounge or kitchen which is believable as it would still be light outside.

So we have two respectable parents who didn't check to see if the Children were asleep before they left for the Tapas bar.   

Gerry's statement 4th May 2007.

As usual, every half hour and as the restaurant was near, the witness or his wife, would check whether the children were all right. In this way, at about 21.05 the witness came to the Club, entered the room using his respective key, the door being locked, went to his children's bedroom and checked that the twins were fine, as was Madeleine. "He then went to the WC" where he remained for a few moments, left, and bumped into a person he had played tennis with and who had a child's push chair, he was also British, he had a short conversation with him, "returning after that to the restaurant.

In this statement Gerry uses his respected key as the door was locked, but fails to mention seeing the Children and fails to mention the door.

Gerry's statement 10th May 2007.

----- He followed the normal route up to the rear door, which being open he only had to move [slide] it, that being the way in which he entered [was entering] the lounge, he noted that the children's bedroom door was not ajar as he had left it but half-way open, which he thought strange, having then put together the thought of MADELEINE having got up to go to sleep in his bedroom so as to avoid the noise produced [created] by her siblings. In this way he entered the children's bedroom and established visual contact with each of them, checking and is certain of this, that the three were sleeping deeply. He left the children's bedroom returning to place the door how he had already previously described, [then] going to the bathroom.

In this statement there is No mention of a key and the door being locked, he also states that he had visual contact with the three Children and lots to say about the Children's bedroom door.

How these two statements conflict with each other is unbelievable.

&%%6

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #314 on: May 19, 2018, 04:39:55 PM »
I can't agree   with what you mention about  the door not being in a position she liked. Imo  she mentioned it to 
emphasise  her  insistence that Madeleine had been taken.
Why didn't she consider  Gerry had  forgotten how she liked the door  position ?     

There was a nearly 4yo in the flat who may have needed to loo...
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.