Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 242265 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #3030 on: May 12, 2019, 09:20:10 PM »
It was Paolo's link. It was for 24 hours. In the name of Brian Blessed, I beg you to believe me!

The point is  Amazon wants you to forget to cancel.....it doesnt make it clear youve signed up...its hardly going to send you an email to warn you...see what happens at the end of the month

Offline The General

« Reply #3031 on: May 12, 2019, 09:21:46 PM »
so wheres the link...cite
It was a time bound link. It has reverted back to the book page link. I just tried.
How do they do that? I've no idea. But I got sent it, clicked on it, downloaded and read on Cloud Reader.
I wasn't charged. I didn't sign up to Kindle Unlimited - I checked and I'm exactly the type of knobhead who routinely falls for that type of clicky / subscribey deal.

The original link seems to have expired and reverted to the book link.

That's it.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3032 on: May 12, 2019, 09:24:51 PM »
I think it is  a particularly stupid warning....I dont want to trouble John but Robs behaviour is very odd
You wanted to prove to me you were capable of not being rattled in a polygraph.  But as soon as you had a post deleted your blood pressure went up.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline The General

« Reply #3033 on: May 12, 2019, 09:27:17 PM »
Amazon does indeed employ dodgy practices.  This was Amazon France by the way.

Although I have to say that I was most impressed by my bank refusing to pay them when the previous episode happened a year ago.
We bought an Xbox for my son a few years ago. We signed up for XBOX live gold or whatever and forgot about it. He only goes and subscribes to XBOX Music inadvertently on Christmas Day. Couldn't cancel, forgot about it.
The following year, guess what....£79 renewal fee! The following Christmas.....yep, £79.
I finally managed to cancel the fricking thing about 2 years ago.
Never used it in all of that time either.
I'm that guy.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3034 on: May 12, 2019, 09:27:31 PM »
You wanted to prove to me you were capable of not being rattled in a polygraph.  But as soon as you had a post deleted your blood pressure went up.

Only in your opinion, Rob.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3035 on: May 12, 2019, 09:28:42 PM »

I think you are losing the plot Rob...how do you know what my BP is......I dont want to prove anything to you...i couldnt be bothered...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3036 on: May 12, 2019, 09:29:21 PM »
Only in your opinion, Rob.

thank you Eleanor

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3037 on: May 12, 2019, 09:30:02 PM »
We bought an Xbox for my son a few years ago. We signed up for XBOX live gold or whatever and forgot about it. He only goes and subscribes to XBOX Music inadvertently on Christmas Day. Couldn't cancel, forgot about it.
The following year, guess what....£79 renewal fee! The following Christmas.....yep, £79.
I'm that guy.

I used to be, but not any more.

They are all at it, you know.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3038 on: May 12, 2019, 09:33:26 PM »
I'm that guy.

I got stung nby Norton anti virus...for about 5 years....I often change my debit card to avoid this sort of thing...but each time i changed they managed to get the new card details.......the bank did not want to know

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3039 on: May 12, 2019, 09:37:55 PM »
It was a time bound link. It has reverted back to the book page link. I just tried.
How do they do that? I've no idea. But I got sent it, clicked on it, downloaded and read on Cloud Reader.
I wasn't charged. I didn't sign up to Kindle Unlimited - I checked and I'm exactly the type of knobhead who routinely falls for that type of clicky / subscribey deal.

The original link seems to have expired and reverted to the book link.

That's it.

do you have the quote by Reiis where he says you can downlaod the book for free

Offline The General

« Reply #3040 on: May 12, 2019, 09:40:19 PM »
do you have the quote by Reiis where he says you can downlaod the book for free
No, sorry.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 09:48:29 PM by The General »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3041 on: May 12, 2019, 10:01:01 PM »
prime and kindle unlimited are seperate...could you provide a link to where its free ...should be simple..

theres no sign up for Kindle Unlimited...just a click and your stored card is charged

I paid nothing and I'm not on kindle unlimited. Maybe it was free to download in the first 24 hours.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 10:03:57 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3042 on: May 12, 2019, 10:03:41 PM »
I paid nothing and I'm not on kindle unlimited. Maybe it was free to download for the first 24 hours.

del

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3043 on: May 12, 2019, 10:04:25 PM »
My order says it. My screenshot has a link to join unlimited so I'm not in it.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3044 on: May 12, 2019, 10:05:03 PM »