Author Topic: Mikaeel Kular > Three-year-old boy missing from a house in Edinburgh.  (Read 87245 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Mikaeel Kular > Three-year-old boy missing from a house in Edinburgh.
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2014, 01:28:18 PM »
?{)(** We're on the same wavelength.

I hope the young chap turns up, safe and well 8((()*/

I also hope that the little chap turns up safe and well.

Whatever the result may be in this case, I do fear that giving up on potentially findable children due to the publicity surrounding truly faked abductions or domestic abuse situations is detrimental to the unique case of the child in question.

I'd also extend that to missing teens and adults.

Offline Carana

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2014, 01:31:28 PM »
What do you call "not near" ? Abroad ?

Within a physical proximity to where he disappeared or a social sphere in which I might have been aware of any family issues which may - or may not - have been of any significance.

Redblossom

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2014, 01:31:38 PM »
I also hope that the little chap turns up safe and well.

Whatever the result may be in this case, I do fear that giving up on potentially findable children due to the publicity surrounding truly faked abductions or domestic abuse situations is detrimental to the unique case of the child in question.

I'd also extend that to missing teens and adults.

Who has given up? Its only been less than a day, not heard anyne sayng they have given up!

Offline Carana

« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2014, 01:37:32 PM »
Who has given up? Its only been less than a day, not heard anyne sayng they have given up!

No, not quite given up. A knee-jerk negative reaction in some parts of the Internet makes me wonder how many people will actually be actively trying to help find this little chap. I find that depressing.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2014, 01:39:37 PM »
Within a physical proximity to where he disappeared or a social sphere in which I might have been aware of any family issues which may - or may not - have been of any significance.
Therefore you admit that the appeal you recommend concerns only people in a "physical proximity" and that closing the borders isn't a must.

Redblossom

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2014, 01:40:11 PM »
No, not quite given up. A knee-jerk negative reaction in some parts of the Internet makes me wonder how many people will actually be actively trying to help find this little chap. I find that depressing.

i doubt anyones checking internet banter before they decide whether to go out to help, get real

AnneGuedes

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2014, 01:43:05 PM »
Some parts of the Internet ? Where geographically ? Haven't you said that you weren't concerned because you weren't near the scene ?

Cariad

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2014, 01:48:37 PM »

As soon as I read he was wearing his shoes and coat, I thought something sinister might have happened. I'd still look though.

Saying that, if I saw a child that age out alone, I would always react, news report of a missing person or not.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2014, 01:50:48 PM »
As soon as I read he was wearing his shoes and coat, I thought something sinister might have happened. I'd still look though.

Saying that, if I saw a child that age out alone, I would always react, news report of a missing person or not.

We don't know that he was wearing his shoes and coat, we just know that his shoes and coat are missing.

Offline Carana

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2014, 01:51:14 PM »
Therefore you admit that the appeal you recommend concerns only people in a "physical proximity" and that closing the borders isn't a must.

Where did I say that?

Lyall

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2014, 01:53:15 PM »

Almost everybody in the country will be completely unaware of any of that gossip, Carana.

And sensible people know every case of a disappearance is obviously not the same.

Offline Carana

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2014, 01:54:21 PM »
Some parts of the Internet ? Where geographically ? Haven't you said that you weren't concerned because you weren't near the scene ?

Nope. Where did I say that I wasn't concerned? In what way?

Offline Victoria

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »
Good to see the forensic officers searching the scene are properly suited and conducting themselves professionally:

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-01-16/forensic-officers-at-the-home-of-missing-mikaeel-kular/

Offline jassi

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2014, 01:55:32 PM »
Almost everybody in the country will be completely unaware of any of that gossip, Carana.

And sensible people know every case of a disappearance is obviously not the same.

Only 10% of UK population live in Scotland and only10% of that lives in Edinburgh, so most people will only have a passing interest.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »
Good to see the forensic officers searching the scene are properly suited and conducting themselves professionally:

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-01-16/forensic-officers-at-the-home-of-missing-mikaeel-kular/

How long does the boy have to be missing before they send in the pope?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.