Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 528971 times)

Offline G-Unit

Whom did the McCanns accuse by promoting abduction?

An abductor who was known to the parents? That's a new idea. They may not have accused anyone but promotion of their theory led to hassle for innumerable people. Some of it was by the police, some instigated by the McCann's 'investigators'.

Robert Murat. Raymond Hewlett. That guy in Malta. Various families who had their children reported as being Madeleine. People who were reported as resembling all the various e-fits produced. Gail Coopers e-fit led to lots of sightings all over the UK. Did all those people have to contend with the police checking them out?

The McCanns and their 'investigators' tracked down and harassed witnesses. Those who didn't agree with their theory were silenced, reported to the police, and, in one well-known case, 'outed' to the press.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline mercury

Not forgetting mark warner staff who may have drugged madeleine

Offline misty

I just went to check on mccannpjfiles and its taking me to a register a domain site....?? Has it gone? Or did i type it all wrong

Amaral has probably had them removed so no-one can dispute the pending UK version of his book. IMO.

Offline mercury

Amaral has probably had them removed so no-one can dispute the pending UK version of his book. IMO.

honestly misty LOL you ARE funny sometimes

Bed calls see ya

Ps still getting 123 register 123

try it

you might bump into him or the mccanns maybe

Offline misty

honestly misty LOL you ARE funny sometimes

Bed calls see ya

Ps still getting 123 register 123

try it

you might bump into him or the mccanns maybe

I've tried it so I know you're correct. Bit of a coincidence if the subscription's expired.

Offline pegasus

Any appeal to the supreme court has to be filed within 30 days.
I predict that Duarte will be instructed to not appeal.

Offline pegasus

... either that, or 2 posters are typing the wrong letters after the dot?
It's an easy mistake to make ;)

ferryman

Any appeal to the supreme court has to be filed within 30 days.
I predict that Duarte will be instructed to not appeal.

If something I've just read elsewhere is accurate, you may be right ....

Offline pathfinder73

The former detective said Tuesday’s news was “a tremendous and important victory for the right to opinion, freedom of expression and democracy”.

He also said he was “fully aware” that the victory was only possible thanks to the support he has received, “from Portuguese citizens and other nationalities but principally from British subjects, including British police colleagues” - all of whom he thanks “from the bottom of my heart”.

- See more at: http://portugalresident.com/appeal-court-judges-reject-mccanns-%E2%80%98libel-win%E2%80%99#sthash.VmcpRljZ.0T9OLF3h.dpuf
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

ferryman

The former detective said Tuesday’s news was “a tremendous and important victory for the right to opinion, freedom of expression and democracy”.

He also said he was “fully aware” that the victory was only possible thanks to the support he has received, “from Portuguese citizens and other nationalities but principally from British subjects, including British police colleagues” - all of whom he thanks “from the bottom of my heart”.

- See more at: http://portugalresident.com/appeal-court-judges-reject-mccanns-%E2%80%98libel-win%E2%80%99#sthash.VmcpRljZ.0T9OLF3h.dpuf

I'm sure retired ex-police officer Peter Mac was delighted ....

Offline pathfinder73

Indeed, McCann lawyers tried to remove this judge (Catarina Manso), altogether. A legal source has calculated that the shenanigans “cost some two months of time, which explains why this decision took so long”. - See more at: http://portugalresident.com/appeal-court-judges-reject-mccanns-%E2%80%98libel-win%E2%80%99#sthash.VmcpRljZ.0T9OLF3h.dpuf
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline misty

... either that, or 2 posters are typing the wrong letters after the dot?
It's an easy mistake to make ;)

You click on a link from google search, say FP rogatory, see what you get.

Offline carlymichelle

I'm sure retired ex-police officer Peter Mac was delighted ....

why do you have to be  so negative   about anything about  GA?  most worldwide police     respect each other   
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:12:37 AM by Brietta »

Offline misty

Indeed, McCann lawyers tried to remove this judge (Catarina Manso), altogether. A legal source has calculated that the shenanigans “cost some two months of time, which explains why this decision took so long”. - See more at: http://portugalresident.com/appeal-court-judges-reject-mccanns-%E2%80%98libel-win%E2%80%99#sthash.VmcpRljZ.0T9OLF3h.dpuf

It was like going on court (or into court in the McCanns case) in the best of 3 set tennis match with your opponent already awarded the first set.

Offline Brietta

You click on a link from google search, say FP rogatory, see what you get.

I've been getting 123 for a while, Misty.  Hmmm ... interesting.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....