Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 529105 times)

Offline misty

Back on topic, does anyone think that Mr Amaral will now initiate legal action?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3549374/Now-Portuguese-detective-vows-SUE-Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-years-prejudice-financial-losses-wins-libel-appeal-book.html
He'd be mad to launch any action in the UK imo.
Is there a clause in Portuguese civil law which permits a defendant to be entitled to damages if an injunction has been proven to be wrongfully imposed?

Offline Brietta

Back on topic, does anyone think that Mr Amaral will now initiate legal action?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3549374/Now-Portuguese-detective-vows-SUE-Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-years-prejudice-financial-losses-wins-libel-appeal-book.html

I think that could prove to be a very interesting exercise and depends very much on how much he values his financial privacy.

If claiming financial loss there will of course be very close scrutiny of all financial sources and resources held by Mr Amaral, perhaps even close relatives may have their financial affairs investigated.

It will become public how much disposable income he was able to amass over the period.  For example what he earned from television appearances ... how much his friends received in monetary gifts appealed for on his behalf over six or seven years, those accounts will be scrutinised ... etc. etc.

So could turn into a bit of a financial minefield for him ... but entirely for him to think about before deciding what punitive action to take ...
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

And The Hotel in Spain allegedly owned by his wife.

Ooops, sorry.  His Ex Wife.  If ever.

Offline Brietta

He'd be mad to launch any action in the UK imo.
Is there a clause in Portuguese civil law which permits a defendant to be entitled to damages if an injunction has been proven to be wrongfully imposed?

I wonder if he might have grounds to sue the Portuguese judiciary as well for that, Misty, they did have a hand in it after all.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

I wonder if he might have grounds to sue the Portuguese judiciary as well for that, Misty, they did have a hand in it after all.

Wouldn't judicial immunity apply?

stephen25000

Why last night were there denials as to what kate mccann said in her diaries ?

It seems some people are quite happy to see her serialize the lack of her sexual desires published in the that glorious tabloid of truth called the sun, %&5%£, but far less so to be reminded of her thoughts on Robert Murat which are well known.

Likewise why ask for cites on that, when both guests to the forum, as well as posters can easily find it for themselves.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:20:26 AM by Brietta »

Offline xtina

who do they think they are .....how much have they got left in THEIR fund ....and wonder what the remainder of that will end up being spent on

at least money donated  into G A fund.............. was well spent ..... 8@??)(  8@??)(

News UK News Madeleine Mccann
Madeleine McCann’s parents threaten legal action on people caught selling Gonzalo Amaral's book in UK

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-threaten-legal-7797363
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Mr Gray

Let us see if any action is taken.

I have found some posts by sil and slarti  quite rude but have not complained. I think we have been asked not to criticise mods openly on the forum and am surprised your posts have not been removed

stephen25000

who do they think they are .....how much have they got left in THEIR fund ....and wonder what the remainder of that will end up being spent on

at least money donated  into G A fund.............. was well spent ..... 8@??)(  8@??)(

News UK News Madeleine Mccann
Madeleine McCann’s parents threaten legal action on people caught selling Gonzalo Amaral's book in UK

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-threaten-legal-7797363

Indeed Xtina, it took time, but the delay was worth the wait.

stephen25000

I have found some posts by sil and slarti  quite rude but have not complained. I think we have been asked not to criticise mods openly on the forum and am surprised your posts have not been removed

You have openly criticized some Mods on the forum pages and everyone is supposed to be subject to the same rules, are they not.

Offline carlymichelle

Indeed Xtina, it took time, but the delay was worth the wait.

some were not happy  though  about the result ......  but  tough

Offline Mr Gray

You have openly criticized some Mods on the forum pages and everyone is supposed to be subject to the same rules, are they not.

and we have all been asked not to do it...the rule has now been made clear

stephen25000

and we have all been asked not to do it...the rule has now been made clear

No one is above the rules of acceptable behaviour.

We shall see what happens.

Offline Mr Gray

No one is above the rules of acceptable behaviour.

We shall see what happens.

we have seen what happens...your posts criticising eleanor have been ignored by the mods present