Author Topic: Should there be an amnesty for illegal immigrants living in the UK?  (Read 22784 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Should there be an amnesty for illegal immigrants living in the UK?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »
Did I say I had ?

However, I do have common sense, and I have looked at the numbers involved and the logistics and expense involved at removing 500,00 +  people.

Have you ?

The cost is peanuts compared to opening the floodgates to even more which is what will happen if the UK government doesn't act decisively now that they have a mandate to do so.  With Theresa May as pm however I cannot see it happening.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 12:51:52 PM »
Oh FFS.  The illegal immigrants are already here, I'm not suggesting importing 500000 MORE illegals.

Precisely Alf.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:53:00 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 12:52:35 PM »
Oh FFS.  The illegal immigrants are already here, I'm not suggesting importing 500000 MORE illegals.

I'm glad to hear it.  Just to be clear, you would allow the illegals who are also criminals to stay here too?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 12:56:04 PM »
Did I say I had ?

However, I do have common sense, and I have looked at the numbers involved and the logistics and expense involved at removing 500,00 +  people.

Have you ?

I am a realist.

If you try to expel half a million people who are actually currently living here, it will be chaos.  Virtually every case will end up with an appeal, the courts will be clogged up for years, and the expense will be simply immense.

Where will they be sent back to?  What if the regime is unsavoury and will persecute them?  Is there another country willing to accept a third country national? 

They are here, then they are our problem.  By definition working in the black economy.

The least worst solution is to legitimise them, allowing them to work in the normal economy, pay taxes etc.

Usual caveats about not encouraging yet more illegal immigration, expecting an amnesty so we need better security at points of entry. 

But in my view - while we are sorting out the piles of mess, add this one.   

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 01:00:41 PM »
I am a realist.

If you try to expel half a million people who are actually currently living here, it will be chaos.  Virtually every case will end up with an appeal, the courts will be clogged up for years, and the expense will be simply immense.

Where will they be sent back to?  What if the regime is unsavoury and will persecute them?  Is there another country willing to accept a third country national? 

They are here, then they are our problem.  By definition working in the black economy.

The least worst solution is to legitimise them, allowing them to work in the normal economy, pay taxes etc.

Usual caveats about not encouraging yet more illegal immigration, expecting an amnesty so we need better security at points of entry. 

The government can bring in legislation to deal with illegals and their deportation.  That was the whole point in getting out of the EU.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 01:04:39 PM »
I am a realist.

apart from anything else everyone of them will then be entitled to bring their family to the UK...absolutely barmy

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 01:07:20 PM »

if they are bringing their family it could be another 2 million all entitled to benefits...housing...healthcare ..education
..controlled immigration is the only way forward

stephen25000

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2016, 01:07:59 PM »
The government can bring in legislation to deal with illegals and their deportation.  That was the whole point in getting out of the EU.

...and you really think they are going to do that ?

*&*%£

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2016, 01:23:24 PM »

The legislation relating to illegal immigration already exists.  It is independent of any EU legislation. 

Alfie

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2016, 01:27:11 PM »
I'm glad to hear it.  Just to be clear, you would allow the illegals who are also criminals to stay here too?
Would I?  You seem to think I would, what does it matter what I say? 

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2016, 01:38:51 PM »
The legislation relating to illegal immigration already exists.  It is independent of any EU legislation.

Minor point J-P  ?{)(**
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/11/what-are-eu-migrants-entitled-terms-benefits-and-housing-and-when

"The employment rate for non-UK born workers is 70 per cent, compared to the 73.2 per cent of UK born workers. The employment rate for EU nationals living in the UK is 79 per cent. This is according to the latest figures, from the April-June 2014 Labour Force Survey".
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2016, 01:42:34 PM »
Minor point J-P  ?{)(**
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/11/what-are-eu-migrants-entitled-terms-benefits-and-housing-and-when

"The employment rate for non-UK born workers is 70 per cent, compared to the 73.2 per cent of UK born workers. The employment rate for EU nationals living in the UK is 79 per cent. This is according to the latest figures, from the April-June 2014 Labour Force Survey".

There is another question - how many EU citizens are in the UK illegally? 

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2016, 02:09:47 PM »

I'll pass on that one and leave it to others to respond.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2016, 02:26:58 PM »

Can you remember the Scots guy who emigrated to Australia then got banged up for some child sex offence. He never took out Aussie citizenship.
When he was released the Aussies shot him back here so fast it made his head spin.... here you go Poms have the bludger back. Apart from it being somewhat ironic in the direction of transportation; way to go. Them Aussies could teach UK a thing or three. Like how to play the rules to your advantage, remember this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDuMudvbuqI

Offline John

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2016, 02:28:13 PM »

Not sure what you mean JP, is there such a category?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:40:41 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.