Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239594 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #465 on: April 07, 2019, 01:16:15 PM »
You didn't mention evidence  you just said belief. no one has been convicted on anything in a courtroom based on someones belief of nothing.

Perhaps you should make your posts clearer.

Based on EVIDENCE, as the PJ have claimed there is NOT ENOUGH evidence to charge the Parents. So how can anyone say they believe them or not if no evidence is offered by the police.

G is quite right to sit on a fence if that is what is being claimed, due to ther being no evidence of abduction from window.

I agree with G on this point.    I rule nothing in or out and anything is possible,unless ruled out.

based on a belief in the evidence...it all comes down to belief...based on the evidence I think the mccanns are totally innocent....as Ive shown...based on the evience smoking causes cancer...g didnt believe taht either....g can think what she likes .....g is wrong to criticise supporters because we believe the mccanns are innocent...based on the evidence....which iv said countless times...and supporters have also said that if new evidence comes to light they would be happy to change their mind

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #466 on: April 07, 2019, 01:17:22 PM »
I think it did matter because, if they claimed the intruder came in via a window it would not be a good look if the bloody shutter didn't open for him/her to 'escape with MBM.

I am of the opinion there is a very good reason why the room was 'searched' by the Tapas and the shutters/window was tested-Allowing contamination of evidence- IF THERE WAS ANY from a stranger.

Perhaps they all panicked about what would happen to them- leaving their children alone everynight-to wine and dine on this 'family' holiday- jail? loss of jobs? children removed to social care in Portugual..

Claiming abduction  from the bed would be a great get -out- of -jail- card-free for them!

It could have  worked...until the seen abductor was found not to be an abductor by UK Police, The time line was moved, and the police in Portugual never believed it, and now  SY are looking at walked and wandered...

This leaves me with two questions...

you believe SY are looking at w and w...I dont beleive they are

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #467 on: April 07, 2019, 01:24:27 PM »
you believe SY are looking at w and w...I dont beleive they are

What do you believe that they are looking at and why ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #468 on: April 07, 2019, 01:27:04 PM »
based on a belief in the evidence...it all comes down to belief...based on the evidence I think the mccanns are totally innocent....as Ive shown...based on the evience smoking causes cancer...g didnt believe taht either....g can think what she likes .....g is wrong to criticise supporters because we believe the mccanns are innocent...based on the evidence....which iv said countless times...and supporters have also said that if new evidence comes to light they would be happy to change their mind

Davel, I think you are getting cought up with yourself again...You never mentioned evidence in your fist post

you have never shown any evidence the parents are innocent and there was an abduction from the flat. So keep pretending you have.does not make it true.

I will quite happpily agree the parents are innocent when real hard evidence with some circumstancial evidence is presented- untill then I cannot form an opinion. I will not change my mind about their behaviour though.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #469 on: April 07, 2019, 01:51:13 PM »
Here in the UK the courts tend to go on evidence presented,not on 'belief'. However, once the evidence is presented it is up to the judge/ jury to descide who's evidence they believe. Don't forget a lot of real evidence can be a game changer- but for many other reasons cannot be addmissible.

_________________________________________________________________-_______________________

I laughed when I saw VS telling Gunit she shouldn't post on here because she doesn't do what she is told. heehee
But I didn't say that did I?  How about quoting me accurately, rather than make stuff up?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #470 on: April 07, 2019, 01:55:18 PM »
You didn't mention evidence  you just said belief. no one has been convicted on anything in a courtroom based on someones belief of nothing.

Perhaps you should make your posts clearer.

Based on EVIDENCE, as the PJ have claimed there is NOT ENOUGH evidence to charge the Parents. So how can anyone say they believe them or not if no evidence is offered by the police.

G is quite right to sit on a fence if that is what is being claimed, due to ther being no evidence of abduction from window.

I agree with G on this point.    I rule nothing in or out and anything is possible,unless ruled out.
Anything?
All possibilities equally as possible?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #471 on: April 07, 2019, 01:56:35 PM »
Davel, I think you are getting cought up with yourself again...You never mentioned evidence in your fist post

you have never shown any evidence the parents are innocent and there was an abduction from the flat. So keep pretending you have.does not make it true.

I will quite happpily agree the parents are innocent when real hard evidence with some circumstancial evidence is presented- untill then I cannot form an opinion. I will not change my mind about their behaviour though.

Ive been talking about ..based on the evidence...for the last 5 years...if you cant see evidence of innocence ...thats up to you ....I can.....i dont really care if you dont change your mind...its of no importance,...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #472 on: April 07, 2019, 01:58:33 PM »

this was my post today..Whats that big word in red

i think..you need to rethink...the way you think...the whole justice system is based on belief.....people are given life sentences based on belief of the jury...two judges believed cipriano to be guilty..one didnt believe...you have to weigh the evidence and reach a decision...i dont know 100% the mccanns are innocent but i strongly believe they are...how else do you reach any judicial decision without beleif

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #473 on: April 07, 2019, 02:06:28 PM »
this was my post today..Whats that big word in red

i think..you need to rethink...the way you think...the whole justice system is based on belief.....people are given life sentences based on belief of the jury...two judges believed cipriano to be guilty..one didnt believe...you have to weigh the evidence and reach a decision...i dont know 100% the mccanns are innocent but i strongly believe they are...how else do you reach any judicial decision without beleif

Nice try but what you said was:

'the whole justice system is based on belief.....people are given life sentences based on belief of the jury'

Maybe the word evidence should have been somewhere else in the paragraph if that was meant to be a paragraph?  could have been in a sentence like the above sentence? *%87

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #474 on: April 07, 2019, 02:11:44 PM »

Nice try but what you said was:

'the whole justice system is based on belief.....people are given life sentences based on belief of the jury'

Maybe the word evidence should have been somewhere else in the paragraph if that was meant to be a paragraph?  could have been in a sentence like the above sentence? *%87

you said i never mentioned evidence in my first post...the EVIDENCE shows you are totally wrong....its not really worth having a conversation with someone who refuses to accept clear EVIDENCE...I wont bother replying to you on this topic again

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #475 on: April 07, 2019, 02:20:28 PM »
Ive been talking about ..based on the evidence...for the last 5 years...if you cant see evidence of innocence ...thats up to you ....I can.....i dont really care if you dont change your mind...its of no importance,...

So what do you believe OG and the PJ are looking at ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #476 on: April 07, 2019, 02:22:40 PM »
So what do you believe OG and the PJ are looking at ?

based on the evidence ...which Ive posted many times...I beleive they are still looking at a stranger abduction

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #477 on: April 07, 2019, 02:29:27 PM »
As this thread is about sceptics ‘ beliefs perhaps it isn’t the thread for you.  Sitting on the fence allows you to cast doubt about anything and everything without ever having to commit yourself either way ans it is IMO a technique to enable you to wriggle out of any position when the logic of that position is exposed as flawed.  You do it in every discussion whether it’s smoking, Brexit or this case.  You have no firm views on anything, or claim not to, and I find it extremely slippery.  You are not convinced of the McCanns’ guilt?  When have you once tested the “staged abduction and hid the body”  theory critically?  Never on this forum as far as I recall.

I never said I was a sceptic with beliefs; in fact I've been denying it for years. Hopefully the penny has finally dropped and people will stop accusing me of believing this or that. 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #478 on: April 07, 2019, 02:32:56 PM »
based on the evidence ...which Ive posted many times...I beleive they are still looking at a stranger abduction

Yes but in what context ? Child traffickers, childless couples, confused burglars....what ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #479 on: April 07, 2019, 02:33:36 PM »
I never said I was a sceptic with beliefs; in fact I've been denying it for years. Hopefully the penny has finally dropped and people will stop accusing me of believing this or that.

but you do have beliefs...you believe the statements are accurate....you believe the alert are accurate