Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 281181 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #585 on: January 24, 2019, 11:33:26 AM »
This morning the chief executive of Airbus said the company would be forced to make “potentially very harmful decisions for the UK” in the event of a no deal Brexit. In a video statement Tom Enders said: “Please don’t listen to the Brexiteers’ madness which asserts that, because we have huge plants here, we will not move and we will always be here. They are wrong.”

In June Airbus said that it could leave Britain altogether if the country left the EU’s single market and customs union without a transition deal. The aerospace firm employs 14,000 people at 25 sites in Britain.

from today’s Times.

Boeing will just fill the vacuum.  The UK will no longer succumb to French threats.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #586 on: January 24, 2019, 11:38:07 AM »
I think its significant taht Dyson is building his new car in malaysia....if the EU is so good why isnt he building it there

Why on earth would he as he intends to sell most of them to China?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #587 on: January 24, 2019, 11:38:47 AM »
The people of the UK decided what they wanted in 2016, it is the MPs who are messing it up in order to suit their own agendas.

Feeding out of the self-interest trough. LABOUR shadow Brexit secretary Keir Starmer has pocketed £125,000 from one of the law firms that derailed Brexit – including £25,000 since he became MP.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2125612/labour-shadow-brexit-secretary-keir-starmer-pockets-125000-from-law-firm-derailing-britains-eu-exit/amp/#click=https://t.co/YKxayb6fZz

That's the problem. When an MP says 'for the good of the country' it may be that they beleive it or it may be that they're protecting the interests of their sponsors.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #588 on: January 24, 2019, 11:41:22 AM »
I'm waiting for an operation on a cateract, plus I'm getting lazy and not reading my posts before posting them.

best wishes  for your operation...im probably lazy in that respect too

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #589 on: January 24, 2019, 11:41:51 AM »
That's the problem. When an MP says 'for the good of the country' it may be that they beleive it or it may be that they're protecting the interests of their sponsors.

Take Yvette Cooper for example, she is leading attempts to destroy BREXIT despite 70% of her constituents voting leave. How on earth can she justify such a position?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #590 on: January 24, 2019, 11:48:48 AM »
The worrying thing is ...are those running teh EU....and controlling our future....any better....I dont think they are

Politics is a dirty game. We don't have much control over our own politicians and we have less over the EU ones. For that reason alone it behoves us to be wary of giving them power over us. In my opinion the smaller and more local the better from a democratic point of view.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #591 on: January 24, 2019, 12:02:05 PM »
I'm waiting for an operation on a cateract, plus I'm getting lazy and not reading my posts before posting them.

I hope that goes well for you G.

I think its significant taht Dyson is building his new car in malaysia....if the EU is so good why isnt he building it there

That is because his biggest market is in Asia. China in particular.  They have already set aside parts of regions to test  driverless cars.

https://www.2025ad.com/latest/china-driverless-cars-report/

It takes  a long time to get a drivers licience in China. I get terrified beyond control when I go there... Especially  in the outer parts. No pedestrian crossings- you walk normal and the cars drive around you!!!!!  I advise wearing thick pants!

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #592 on: January 24, 2019, 12:04:46 PM »
Take Yvette Cooper for example, she is leading attempts to destroy BREXIT despite 70% of her constituents voting leave. How on earth can she justify such a position?

She can't. But she's no fan of democracy anyway; that was clear when Corbyn was elected Labour Leader.
Result = happy posting.

Offline John

« Reply #593 on: January 24, 2019, 02:13:47 PM »
Please note that the posts relating to Scottish history, nationhood and independence have their own thread.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #594 on: January 24, 2019, 02:25:35 PM »
She can't. But she's no fan of democracy anyway; that was clear when Corbyn was elected Labour Leader.

None of the Westminster politicians seem to inspire confidence in their capabilities.
Rather worrying at this time of huge decisions.
I wish you well in your forthcoming cataract removal.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #595 on: January 24, 2019, 04:02:12 PM »
It's quite possible that many of the MPs voting on this very important issue have little real knowledge of the pros and cons of leaving the EU

Offline Carana

« Reply #596 on: January 24, 2019, 04:18:01 PM »
It's quite possible that many of the MPs voting on this very important issue have little real knowledge of the [ censored word ] and cons of leaving the EU

Which issue are you referring to, Davel?

Offline Carana

« Reply #597 on: January 24, 2019, 04:27:07 PM »

BBC considers setting up EU base in Belgium after Brexit

Move needed for licences to continue broadcasting across member states

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/24/bbc-international-hq-belgium-brexit-netherlands-ireland-eu

Offline Sunny

« Reply #598 on: January 24, 2019, 04:37:35 PM »
There were a succession of Brexit ministers who were all Leavers, did any of them come up with anything resembling a better deal?  What IS a better deal?  One in which the EU agrees to everything we want?  Well that’s not going to happen, and never was.

One of the brexit ministers (can't remember his name) said as he resigned that he had not had any input in the decision making nor discussions whilst in post.   David Davis also said he hadn't even seen the Checkers proposal until it was unveiled and that was why he resigned.

That makes it a mockery to employ Brexit believing ministers in that post if they are not allowed to be part of the discussions. 

All IMO

Don't you wonder why there have been so many ministers resign? I don't.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #599 on: January 24, 2019, 05:05:07 PM »
None of the Westminster politicians seem to inspire confidence in their capabilities.
Rather worrying at this time of huge decisions.
I wish you well in your forthcoming cataract removal.

I have never had confidence in their capabilities, so no surprises there.

Thank you for the gopd wishes. It's a farly simple procedure done in the day clinic so it should be fine.
Result = happy posting.