Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 93292 times)

Offline barrier

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #225 on: April 10, 2020, 10:33:15 AM »
What are the rules?  They change according to who is modding.  Holly herself has posted libellous material but that’s apparently ok, tell her that her post is offensive however and that’s against forum rules!
Welcome to the dark side.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #226 on: April 10, 2020, 02:05:45 PM »
What are the rules?  They change according to who is modding.  Holly herself has posted libellous material but that’s apparently ok, tell her that her post is offensive however and that’s against forum rules!

I think you are fully aware of what the rules are.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #227 on: April 10, 2020, 03:08:05 PM »
I think you are fully aware of what the rules are.
I am but it seems some people interpret them very strangely.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #228 on: April 10, 2020, 06:50:12 PM »

Yes, like some mods do on the McCann thread.  8**8:/:
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #229 on: April 11, 2020, 05:44:11 PM »
Everybody knows what the rules are!

I have been accused of being unfair before now, and I dare say I do slip up from time to time. I apologise if I have done so.

Basically, I will delete or edit posts that are rude /abusive.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2020, 12:26:23 AM »

They sure do.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #231 on: April 15, 2020, 10:06:16 AM »
Everybody knows what the rules are!

I have been accused of being unfair before now, and I dare say I do slip up from time to time. I apologise if I have done so.

Basically, I will delete or edit posts that are rude /abusive.

That's pretty much my stance and I restrict it to fellow members.  If anyone wants to name call, within reason, those elsewhere that's up to them.  I have posted on a board elsewhere and posts appear to have been removed because those under discussion have been criticised and/or posts do not align with moderators' views.  This would be akin to me removing posts adverse to JB and his case! 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #232 on: April 15, 2020, 07:41:20 PM »
That's pretty much my stance and I restrict it to fellow members.  If anyone wants to name call, within reason, those elsewhere that's up to them.  I have posted on a board elsewhere and posts appear to have been removed because those under discussion have been criticised and/or posts do not align with moderators' views.  This would be akin to me removing posts adverse to JB and his case!

Well said Holly. I agree. It brings the board into disrepute IMO.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #233 on: April 15, 2020, 07:47:36 PM »
Well said Holly. I agree. It brings the board into disrepute IMO.

This Board?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #234 on: April 16, 2020, 08:23:07 AM »

I'm a bit lost with the heavy implication in this disingenuous post.  You are a senior moderator and unlike everyone else you must be perfectly aware of who deletes your posts and you must be aware of exactly why they are deleted; when it happens to me I know exactly why a particular post has gone.

I find a post lacking discretion of this nature from a senior moderator inappropriate just as I find my reply inappropriate so I may as well add that the members with whom you are showing solidarity might have something to complain about were they privy to who is actually the deleting queen of the forum on whichever board you care to mention.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #235 on: April 16, 2020, 07:25:28 PM »
I'm a bit lost with the heavy implication in this disingenuous post.  You are a senior moderator and unlike everyone else you must be perfectly aware of who deletes your posts and you must be aware of exactly why they are deleted; when it happens to me I know exactly why a particular post has gone.

I find a post lacking discretion of this nature from a senior moderator inappropriate just as I find my reply inappropriate so I may as well add that the members with whom you are showing solidarity might have something to complain about were they privy to who is actually the deleting queen of the forum on whichever board you care to mention.

Queen eh? Not a man then.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #236 on: April 17, 2020, 01:48:13 PM »
Queen eh? Not a man then.

What on earth is that supposed to mean?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #237 on: April 17, 2020, 01:59:44 PM »

Let’s hear from Holly on this
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #238 on: April 17, 2020, 02:25:30 PM »

Why didn’t you delete this Holly?

You really are the Jackie Preece of this forum.

You're personal, insulting and very rude.

Can you rein your tongue in a bit!

From your posts around the time, you appear to have been online and posting ?

The above is an example of name calling

And here someone’s asking a question

Is Mike Tesko gay?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 02:27:39 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #239 on: April 17, 2020, 03:19:35 PM »
Why didn’t you delete this Holly?

From your posts around the time, you appear to have been online and posting ?

The above is an example of name calling

And here someone’s asking a question

I wouldn't have thought the question offensive (believe me when I say I gave it some thought when I read it) particularly given the relevance made in another post to outmoded attitudes prevalent in society at the time and the bearing Bamber's sexuality might have had on the case.

Another mod might have taken the opposite view and deleted it as (a) homophobic?  (b) invasion of someone's privacy?

I think it shows the difficulty of balance, personal opinion and reports when moderating and exactly why sometimes either John or Admin need to make that choice.  Just my opinion.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....