Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 502465 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #420 on: March 27, 2019, 08:38:30 PM »
need to ask Grime..i dont trust the alerts...particularly cuddle cat
Does Saunokonoko mention cuddle cat?  Cuddle Cat is off topic if not.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 08:59:43 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #421 on: March 27, 2019, 09:02:00 PM »
While Eddie or Keela were working I never saw them being rewarded.  Maybe they don't get rewarded on actual forensic searches.

Which seems right IMO as the handler can never be certain the dog is correct or not.

They are tested to make sure they are correct. If they false alert in tests then bye bye. Their tennis ball is their reward.

"Apartment H5

We searched this apartment and the dog hasn't shown any interest in this particular apartment, apart from around the table, where there was a tennis ball which is how we reward the dog for finding things, as soon as we removed the tennis ball the interest was gone. And so it was a negative search."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #422 on: March 27, 2019, 09:23:19 PM »
They are tested to make sure they are correct. If they false alert in tests then bye bye. Their tennis ball is their reward.

"Apartment H5

We searched this apartment and the dog hasn't shown any interest in this particular apartment, apart from around the table, where there was a tennis ball which is how we reward the dog for finding things, as soon as we removed the tennis ball the interest was gone. And so it was a negative search."

I took that to mean that the tennis ball wasn't brought there for the purposes of rewarding the dog.

Rather the dog found a tennis ball in the apartment and hence was interested in playing with it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 09:27:18 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #423 on: March 27, 2019, 11:09:37 PM »
Obviously because Martin Grime didn't put it there.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline misty

« Reply #424 on: March 27, 2019, 11:21:47 PM »

"Apartment H5

Eddie showed a great deal of interest in something under a single bed in 5D, to the point that he was repeatedly ignoring Grime's orders. What was under the bed & why did Grime fail to mention it?

Edited to alter apartment number.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 02:01:59 PM by misty »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #425 on: March 28, 2019, 12:04:53 AM »
Eddie showed a great deal of interest in something under a single bed in 5H, to the point that he was repeatedly ignoring Grime's orders. What was under the bed & why did Grime fail to mention it?

Did he alert ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

« Reply #426 on: March 28, 2019, 12:28:06 AM »
Did he alert ?

No, he didn't alert but appeared quite desperate to get to whatever was under the bed. He didn't alert near the sofa in 5A living room until he was allowed behind it...

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #427 on: March 28, 2019, 01:42:34 AM »
Eddie showed a great deal of interest in something under a single bed in 5H, to the point that he was repeatedly ignoring Grime's orders. What was under the bed & why did Grime fail to mention it?
It may have been a pair of knickers. 
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #428 on: March 28, 2019, 01:43:23 AM »
Did he alert ?
He was never allowed to get close enough.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #429 on: March 28, 2019, 04:00:52 AM »
From memory it was in Russell O'Brien's apartment where the object was under the bed. 5D
Moderation

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #430 on: March 28, 2019, 01:14:07 PM »
No, he didn't alert but appeared quite desperate to get to whatever was under the bed. He didn't alert near the sofa in 5A living room until he was allowed behind it...

If he didn’t alert then it is not relevant.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline misty

« Reply #431 on: March 28, 2019, 01:54:57 PM »
From memory it was in Russell O'Brien's apartment where the object was under the bed. 5D

Yes, you are correct. Apologies, I will amend my post.

Offline misty

« Reply #432 on: March 28, 2019, 02:00:55 PM »
If he didn’t alert then it is not relevant.

IMO because the dog showed interest in what was under the bed, the dog should have been granted access to under the bed in 5D. Eddie was not allowed to free-search in several locations, the search was controlled by the handler. Grime's diction changed from "go find, Eddie" to "no, Eddie, Eddie come (here) on many occasions - the latter instruction was frequently ignored by the dog.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #433 on: March 28, 2019, 02:07:58 PM »
IMO because the dog showed interest in what was under the bed, the dog should have been granted access to under the bed in 5D. Eddie was not allowed to free-search in several locations, the search was controlled by the handler. Grime's diction changed from "go find, Eddie" to "no, Eddie, Eddie come (here) on many occasions - the latter instruction was frequently ignored by the dog.

If any old Tom, Dick or Harry could interpret the dog’s behaviour then we’d all be cadaver dog trainers.

I do find it disturbing that in almost all your posts re Grime you appear to be questioning his professionalism. Am I mistaken?

Offline misty

« Reply #434 on: March 28, 2019, 02:18:33 PM »
If any old Tom, Dick or Harry could interpret the dog’s behaviour then we’d all be cadaver dog trainers.

I do find it disturbing that in almost all your posts re Grime you appear to be questioning his professionalism. Am I mistaken?

No, you are not mistaken. Why would that be any more disturbing than questioning the honesty of a group of professionals, two of whom have both their daughter's fate & their own lives & liberty at stake? Right or wrong, Grime had nothing to lose in Luz.