Author Topic: ‘Maddie police were ignored’ Detectives have waited five months for Scotland Yard leads.  (Read 11590 times)

Offline Carana

the article says...

A well-placed source in Faro said: “The last rogatory letter came through at the end of last year and officers gave it their full and prompt attention.

doesn't say if it was approved and on what date the decision was given.....my understanding is it was refused and there is now an impasse...will SY walk away or will...can they appeal against the refusal...will political pressure be applied. I certainly hope SY will be allowed by the portuguese to finish their investigations. it's a shame some on here are glad to see them frustrated

Ok, I see that the wording is a bit ambiguous, but I understand it differently. It would would have gone to the prosecutor for authorisation, so I'm interpreting it as meaning that if it got as far as the PJ, then it must have been approved and acted upon.

Offline Alice Purjorick

They certainly aren't allowing them access to the three defendants whether or not that is the hold-up in the case.

That apart ... is there anyone out there who seriously believes that the independent Portuguese inquiry has officers sitting at a desk eagerly waiting for their latest instruction from London to come through so that they can jump to it?

I don't see it happening ...

POLICE
Maddie McCann case. Police about to close investigation. There remains one line of inquiry
04/29/2016, 14:16  542 SHARES

British police source believes in abduction of guilt and points three suspects, an already advanced thesis in 2014. PJ believes that these three men are not suspects. But there is a line of inquiry to ascertain.

authors
 Luis Rosa  LuisRos04577928  Facebook  Email
 Catarina Marques Rodrigues  CatarinMR  Email

More about
CRIME POLICE SAFETY SOCIETY

The thesis comes from 2014.

The English police believed that Madeleine McCann had been abducted during a robbery that did not go as expected.

At the time, the Portuguese police constituted three accused men: José Carlos da Silva, 30, Ricardo Rodrigues, 24, and Paulo Ribeiro, 53.
Sources of the English police believe that this thesis deserves to be re investigated, but the Judicial Police considers that there is no evidence to incriminate the three suspects.

It is only known that Scotland Yard has a line of research to explore and to be the line to close the process. It is unknown, however, what this thesis.

According to the argument presented two years ago, one of the suspects worked at the Ocean Club Resort, where the McCann family was installed. The man was responsible for leading customers to the apartments in Praia da Luz. Police believe the suspect worked with the other two suspects. The group has broken into the family's apartment to rob.

When he entered, they will have encountered the girl to sleep and have chosen to take.

The thesis of the British police came after they recorded suspicious telephone conversations between the three men that night. Moreover, it is known that two weeks before the McCann couple and the children arrive at the Ocean Club, two apartments were robbed in the same resort.

At the time, British police sent a letter rogatory to Portugal to ask for information about the three men who were then made defendants.
But there is no evidence that the three defendants are involved in the disappearance of Maddie, by the Portuguese police considers that these three men are not suspects, found the observer to the Judiciary Police sources.
PJ said that even the English police also through a letter rogatory, still knew the Observer.

Earlier this week, the head of the Metropolitan Police told the British radio LBC researchers are following a final theory to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and that the investigation may be terminated soon.

"There has been much research time waived in this case.
A child disappeared, everyone wants to know if she's alive, and if so, where is she (...) We must follow an investigation together with Portugal and other countries that are involved. There is a line of research that is being followed and is expected to be complete in the coming months, "said Bernard Hogan-Howe. If there is no evidence to Scotland Yard close the case, said the same official.
It remains now to know that thesis is about.
It all started in 2007
Madeleine McCann was three. He was with his parents and brother and sister on holiday in Praia da Luz, in the Algarve. The family had chosen the Ocean Club Resort. The May 3, 2007, parents were dining with friends at a tapas restaurant. Madeleine and the twins brothers were in the apartment. Only the oldest disappeared. Madeleine would four years on 12 May.
The case has happened like this: the couple was having dinner at the tapas bar, inside the Ocean Club. At 21h, the father Gerry McCann have gone to check the children to the apartment and all were well. A friend will come again at 21.30. Around 22pm, the mother Kate McCann have gone to the apartment and have found the oldest daughter's bed empty. The shutters and a window were open. GNR was told soon after. There began long months of searches and investigations.
http://observador.pt/2016/04/29/nova-teoria-madeleine-mccann-tera-sido-raptada-assalto-apartamento-feito-3-portugueses/

Are you sure you have selected the correct word there?
If so do tell what they are defending ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

Ok, I see that the wording is a bit ambiguous, but I understand it differently. It would would have gone to the prosecutor for authorisation, so I'm interpreting it as meaning that if it got as far as the PJ, then it must have been approved and acted upon.

If you think about what else is happening it could mean not approved and not acted on...we have claims that SY are not allowed to reinterview the three....that fits

Offline Angelo222

If you think about what else is happening it could mean not approved and not acted on...we have claims that SY are not allowed to reinterview the three....that fits

Fishing exercises are not permitted in Portugal, you have to have strong evidence before re-interviewing someone.  Obviously the Attorney General was not persuaded.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 12:09:48 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline pathfinder73

Article doesn't make sense when SY are working on one lead since the team was reduced.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

Fishing exercises are not permitted in Portugal, you have to have strong evidence before re-interviewing someone.  Obviously the Attorney General was not persuaded.

you are right in that the AG was not persuaded. I'm not convinced that fishing exercises are not allowed...they beat the hell out of cipriano....

Offline faithlilly

Article doesn't make sense when SY are working on one lead since the team was reduced.

From the article we can assume that the one lead they are now working on is not a botched burglary or the Portuguese would be heavily involved.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Angelo222

The way I read it PF is that SY are working on a single lead in their offices in London.  They obviously have no further good reason to question these men in Portugal.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

The way I read it PF is that SY are working on a single lead in their offices in London.  They obviously have no further good reason to question these men in Portugal.

#the way I read it they want to question these men but the portuguese will not cooperate

Offline faithlilly

That's my view too Angelo.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline jassi

From what Hogan Howe said, it would seem that there is low expectation of that last lead going anywhere.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

From what Hogan Howe said, it would seem that there is low expectation of that last lead going anywhere.

Not sure I agree jassi. Why mention it if that was the case ?

Offline Angelo222

you are right in that the AG was not persuaded. I'm not convinced that fishing exercises are not allowed...they beat the hell out of cipriano....

They will be based on new information only which SY seems to not have.  As for Leonor, she got hit a few times with a cardboard tube, not exactly 'beat the hell out of'.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

That's my view too Angelo.

so you think SY are investigating the McCanns...there's more chance of the earth being flat

Offline jassi

so you think SY are investigating the McCanns...there's more chance of the earth being flat

For once, I am in total agreement with you.  That's the last thing SY would want to do.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future